Gforce Oddity2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oddity2

The preset modulation isn't something everybody talks about but it takes it to a whole new class. I don't have anything else that does that.

Dasheesh wrote:The preset modulation isn't something everybody talks about but it takes it to a whole new class. I don't have anything else that does that.
I agree, morping from one pre to another is awesome.

The additional modulation capabilities and polyphony really take this and make it a great emulation+. Definitely one of my favorite direct, one-to-one emulations.

ImNotDedYet wrote:I agree, morping from one pre to another is awesome.
Yep. I don't know how it is implemented in O2, but in Minimonsta particularly the 12 morph presets is an *amazing* feature for real time expressive performance. And I like the implementation of it more than other synths that have morph slots, like Alchemy, for instance.

I only dabbled with that a bit but need to crack open the manual to get under the hood with the morphing and modulation.

Anyway been looking for a synth for a while in the software realm that can nail that creamy analog sound for pads and ambience and Oddity has been my favourite so far, just sounds right when you drop it in a track. Love the hipass filter as well.

Didn't see it mentioned but the sale is for 2 weeks so plenty of time to evaluate anyway. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

beely wrote: And I like the implementation of it more than other synths that have morph slots, like Alchemy, for instance.
Reaktor has morphing for Monark.

I'm trying the demo, Oddity sounds terrific! But how does the morphing work?

+1 for minimonsta, love the morphing aspect in particular.. i'm using it more and more these days

kiezum wrote:Reaktor has morphing for Monark.
Like Minimonsta? ie you can have different sounds on different notes, have a variable transition time between them, so you can morph between patches while playing..?

In other words, it's morph but as a realtime performance thing, not a sound design thing..?

That sounds very sophisticated. Reaktor can only morph two presets realtime.

Bought this seconds after getting the email. I don't buy many softsynths anymore but love me some Gforce.

You know a synth is good when almost every patch inspires you to write. I have to stop flipping through presets until I can dedicate some time to doing actual work. Don't want to waste the inspiration!

kiezum wrote:I'm trying the demo, Oddity sounds terrific! But how does the morphing work?
Look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B-lmEdrfzw

audientronic wrote: You know a synth is good when almost every patch inspires you to write. I have to stop flipping through presets until I can dedicate some time to doing actual work. Don't want to waste the inspiration!
I couldn't agree more. the only one i haven't tried yet is the oddity, but impOscar and minimonsta are class synths straight out of the box.

Gforce seem to fly under the radar - they don't tend to get mentioned on forums much. They deserve to be bigger - both Oddity and Imposcar2 are amazing. Grabbed this about 5 seconds after hearing about it. Now just waiting for Imposcar to go on special. The demo version is great, however can't wait to get the full version so I can really dig into it, save patches etc. If only I hadn't already spent a genuinely scary amount on plugins this year, I would have normally just snapped it up anyway.
Anyway, for anyone reading this who is sitting on the fence - grab the demo and have a play

They were mentioned A LOT in the mid-2000's here on KVR, but after impOSCar 2 took forever to come out, a lot of people cooled off.

But as to their product line: class, thought and results!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Dear members, I am demoing Oddity 2 ... Anyone can please tell me how to init a patch so that I can start from zero ? The discounted price is :lol:

On full version you load bank "template".
NB) In addition to the 20+ banks which come with the demo, you can download a couple more from GF if you purchase.

Return to “Instruments”