AudioThing releases Hand Clapper - Update v1.5.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hand Clapper

bungle wrote:No you put the exact root folder in settings., no matter what sub folders and such it alwaysworks from root.
I see now. True, the root folders are set in the settings, for me in Battery 4. And those samples are found easily. The ones B4 cannot find, when switching computers, are the samples in the project folder. These folders are of course not saved in the B4 settings. Would be almost thousands now :tu:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I can probably add an user "default" path so that when the sample is missing from the original path, the plugin tries on the user folder. Not very elegant but should cover most of the cases.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Ok, I added a function to set the Custom Sample Path. Presets will be saved with the relative path for the sample (so even if you change the Custom Sample Path later, the preset will load just fine), and the plugin will also ask to copy the sample to the Custom Sample Path (saving the new relative path in the preset). Additionally, when loading a preset, if the sample can't be found in the original relative path, the plugin will automatically search for the file in the Custom Sample Path. This is good if you decide to move the Custom Sample folder to another location, without resaving all the presets.

I can't think of a better solution right now, if there aren't any new suggestions I'll try to release the update next week.

Thanks. Sounds good to me so far :D

stardustmedia wrote:Thanks. Sounds good to me so far :D
Perfect, I'll release the update in a few days.

Update v1.1.2!

List of new features/fixes:
- Custom Samples and Reverb section now fully stereo
- Added options to set/open the Custom Sample Folder
- Fixed a very rare bug that might cause random clicks/pops
- Fixed missing sample error that might crash some hosts

To update, please go to http://www.audiothing.net/updates/

Full stereo... yoohoo...

Thanks for the update

Thank you. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

You are welcome :) This update should solve all path configuration problems between multiple computers.
Latin Percussion update is on the way as well!

Check out how to use external samples with Hand Clapper in this new video by producer Adam Pollard aka Multiplier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym4gw-xu5LU

Still so much fun to create special hand claps with it...

Here a little feature request:
- Show the loaded file name of the custom sample (my brain tend to forget what I just loaded :hihi: )
- Left/right arrow to go thru the samples in a folder (without opening the load-window every time)

I guess you could use such a "module" also in other plugins you have. Maybe you already have developed already something similar for another plugin and can implement it in Hand Clapper, e.g. Hats?

stardustmedia wrote:Still so much fun to create special hand claps with it...
Great :D and thanks for the suggestions.
stardustmedia wrote: Here a little feature request:
- Show the loaded file name of the custom sample (my brain tend to forget what I just loaded :hihi: )
I guess I can show it with a popup when the mouse is over the load button.
stardustmedia wrote: - Left/right arrow to go thru the samples in a folder (without opening the load-window every time)

I guess you could use such a "module" also in other plugins you have. Maybe you already have developed already something similar for another plugin and can implement it in Hand Clapper, e.g. Hats?
Hats as a more complex sample section indeed. I will need to re-do the GUI to accomodate a box and arrows to browse the samples, or maybe I can try to squeeze a smaller version under the load button. I'll do some tests and see if I can do it.
Thanks!

Thanks for you patience and understanding. I know, I ask a lot for such a "cheap" plugin. At least what I can say is, that customers watching me using certain plugins I praise a lot, they also think about buying it. That's what I can do for you, human advertising :D

Is it possible to tune the claps in Hand Clapper?

I found the samples Folder today. It's very handy (get it?). :)

C:\Users\me\Documents\AudioThing\Samples
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

stardustmedia wrote:Thanks for you patience and understanding. I know, I ask a lot for such a "cheap" plugin. At least what I can say is, that customers watching me using certain plugins I praise a lot, they also think about buying it. That's what I can do for you, human advertising :D
As already said in other threads, I try to listen to all the feedback and suggestions I get. I think that's the best way to improve my plugins with features and ideas that I might have never thought of.
Human advertising/word of mouth is just awesome :) Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”