Recommed me Granular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

starflakeprj wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
ErikH wrote:Ichecked, and Wagtunes is right.

I tried to install in Program Files, but that did not work. Trying to install again, the option was to repair. This installs and the 32 bit and the 64 bit in Program Files x86 Steinverg/Vst

As I don't ever use 32bit vst, I had to add the path.

It loaded as an effect. When I added an instrument track (Chromaphone) and tried to add CrusherX 64 as an effect, Cubase 8.5 froze.

Trying CtrlAltDel to get out, my entire pc froze. Had to restart.
Tried twice.

----------------------------
I have been interested in CrusherX for a long time, but never downloaded a demo. Good I did.
Disappointing.
Thank you. So it's not my "system" as somebody here wanted to blame it on.

FWIW, I tested it in MuLab and it works flawlessly.

One day, I am going to bite the bullet and buy MuLab (I have the demo) and start doing everything there. Cubase has been a pain ever since I got it and that was on a brand new system with nothing else on it.

Time to start thinking about a new DAW.
Not trying to get you change your mind, but why not Reaper, rather than MuLab? Not saying that MuLab is a bad DAW, but Reaper is the most stable and CPU efficient DAW I have ever used.
Either way, I would have to learn how to use a new DAW after using Cubase and knowing it inside and out for over 3 years now. Plus, I haven't tested it in Reaper so I don't know if it will even work there.

In addition to that, whichever DAW I go with, I will need to ditch Vocaloid for Cubase and find a way to use their standalone with another DAW, something I am not looking forward to in the least.

Actually, if it's a choice between keeping Vocaloid or getting Crusherx, it's no contest. I've lived without it this long, I can live without it a little longer.

I would never ditch Cubase because a demo of a niche product vst plugin reacts in an awkward way.

Vst being a Steinberg thing, it is hard to believe S. themselves are guilty here.
Seen the fact that CrusherX's latest update is from two years ago, it may be tested in Cubase 6 but never since. And who knows what has changed.

I don't exactly like it that the 64 bit version is default installed in the 32 bit Program Files folder. Moving it to where it should be does not help.

Also: uninstalling does not work as it should as an entire folder tree is left behind. Bad coding this is.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Lejurai wrote:
Yup.

And to add one to that list, one SUPERB sampler which has granular mode is

http://glitchmachines.com/products/polygon/

*edit*

https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do?p=Symptohm <- Also great.
Wow! The Polygon looks very interesting.
The magic words are "Layering samples".

Not crazy about the audio demos.
Hope Polygon does a good job on ambient music.
$49 Ok. Hope it is on sale on Black Friday.

I had avoided glitchmachines.com because of the word "glitch"

Hmmmm. What else besides Polyplex and Iris have "Layering samples"?

Edit: Polygon is monophonic. Too bad!

The Mangle has layers
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Has New Sonic Arts Granite been mentioned?

wagtunes wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
ErikH wrote:Ichecked, and Wagtunes is right.

I tried to install in Program Files, but that did not work. Trying to install again, the option was to repair. This installs and the 32 bit and the 64 bit in Program Files x86 Steinverg/Vst

As I don't ever use 32bit vst, I had to add the path.

It loaded as an effect. When I added an instrument track (Chromaphone) and tried to add CrusherX 64 as an effect, Cubase 8.5 froze.

Trying CtrlAltDel to get out, my entire pc froze. Had to restart.
Tried twice.

----------------------------
I have been interested in CrusherX for a long time, but never downloaded a demo. Good I did.
Disappointing.
Thank you. So it's not my "system" as somebody here wanted to blame it on.

FWIW, I tested it in MuLab and it works flawlessly.

One day, I am going to bite the bullet and buy MuLab (I have the demo) and start doing everything there. Cubase has been a pain ever since I got it and that was on a brand new system with nothing else on it.

Time to start thinking about a new DAW.
Not trying to get you change your mind, but why not Reaper, rather than MuLab? Not saying that MuLab is a bad DAW, but Reaper is the most stable and CPU efficient DAW I have ever used.
Either way, I would have to learn how to use a new DAW after using Cubase and knowing it inside and out for over 3 years now. Plus, I haven't tested it in Reaper so I don't know if it will even work there.

In addition to that, whichever DAW I go with, I will need to ditch Vocaloid for Cubase and find a way to use their standalone with another DAW, something I am not looking forward to in the least.

Actually, if it's a choice between keeping Vocaloid or getting Crusherx, it's no contest. I've lived without it this long, I can live without it a little longer.

You don't have to ditch Cubase, nor do you have to 'master' another daw. really, you are just creating a little sandbox where you would use another instrument. If the other daw will not rewire into cubase, then you just need to get into a bounce/export/import workflow

Sure, there are a couple of small, extra stages to add to a workflow, but then you get to use what you want to use :shrug:

igoramos wrote:Has New Sonic Arts Granite been mentioned?
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but it's an excellent choice for 'lush' granular sounds if you don't want to get your hands too dirty with the lower level parameters of granular synthesis. It's optimised to do 'lush' and (pretty much) lush alone - it's difficult to get spiky/ugly textures out of it like you can with more flexible granular tools. But if it's only the beautiful side of granular you're after, Granite is a great choice. It does that heavenly granular sound straight out of the box while offering a little tweakability, but not enough to break you out of that sweet spot.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:The Mangle has layers
Go it. The price is very low.

Many here really like Granite
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/granit ... sonic-arts
$99 but if on sale I will look at it gain.

Let's add the new granular synth Dust to this grainy list... ;)

Neon Breath wrote:Let's add the new granular synth Dust to this grainy list... ;)
check it out
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=475466

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Crusher-X is very powerfull!
http://www.crusher-x.com

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Chandran wrote:Crusher-X is very powerfull!
http://www.crusher-x.com
Terrible GUI!

Return to “Instruments”