Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

exmatproton wrote:Pitch (semi and fine) are added.
Oh wow. Didn't see that coming. :P

This synth is shaping up nicely :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

chk071 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:Pitch (semi and fine) are added.
Oh wow. Didn't see that coming. :P
Well, i requested that one many times....hehehe. But yeah, it is added, which is nice. :tu:

Great update!
Yes, even before an official 1.0 version already a fantastic synth!
Next paycheck i must buy finally :D
Could be a new favourite!
The cpu usage is low too.
It's easy to set up 6,8 or more instances and play it like one multi-timbral instrument via a Seaboard Rise. Do that with slightly or even totally different patches for each midi channel and play them like one giant patch and the fun begins.
I love it! :love:

Really niiiice update! Even the LEDs got a fix :clap:

Still no big gui?

aMUSEd wrote:Still no big gui?
Nope. Which is a shame. But compared to the osc semi,coarse and fine pitch, i can live with that.

I am enjoying Icarus. It's resynthesis -> wavetable capability is the killer feature IMO.

Because of their absence from KVR, Tone2 doesn't get enough credit for their support. Markus responds to feature requests in their forum quite quickly. A couple of mine made it into the new Beta.

Frantz wrote:I am enjoying Icarus. It's resynthesis -> wavetable capability is the killer feature IMO.

Because of their absence from KVR, Tone2 doesn't get enough credit for their support. Markus responds to feature requests in their forum quite quickly. A couple of mine made it into the new Beta.
+1 I think that's the reason why Icarus is taking a little longer, which is good!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.

I'm contemplating getting this. never bought anything from Tone2. Looking this up online, from many forums I understand that the copy protection of Tone2 installs malware on the PC, constantly monitoring the file system and phones home. I rather have a dongle (such as eLicenser with Vengeance) for my products than this.
What's your input about this guys?

nvmd

tristan- wrote:I'm contemplating getting this. never bought anything from Tone2. Looking this up online, from many forums I understand that the copy protection of Tone2 installs malware on the PC, constantly monitoring the file system and phones home. I rather have a dongle (such as eLicenser with Vengeance) for my products than this.
What's your input about this guys?
They did this in past indeed. It seems all of this is "fixed" and the plugins are just offline.

Never experienced any problem with Tone2 plugins scanning or phoning home (if they did).

exmatproton wrote:
They did this in past indeed. It seems all of this is "fixed" and the plugins are just offline.

I'm talking about (for example) this thread on GS. have a read at post #8.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... ebird.html

core wrote:Never experienced any problem with Tone2 plugins scanning or phoning home (if they did).
You'd be surprised about the background of this. A claim by a warez group, which lead to a big discussion on another audio forum, because, you know, warez groups are so credible and all that. You should have read that statement. They cricitized Tone2's copy protection measures as "non-ethical". Again, a warez group. The internet is really full of nutjobs.

Btw, if you have a problem with what Tone2 does, i can't stress this enough, there is a very simple solution for that. Don't buy or use their products. Problem solved. But, the way i know these kind of threads, this will turn into a long, long discussion about their copy protection methods again, and how evil this corporate is. This corporate of approximately 5 or 6 people trying to make a living. You know, if they were all that evil, and greedy and what not, they wouldn't even have chosen this business in the first place. Because if your name is not Native Instruments, or Steinberg, you will hardly get any big anyway. "Big" in this case meaning to be a company like Steinberg, with 150+ employees, which is about the size of one of the 3 or 4 biggest companies in the one-horse town i'm living in. Oh well. :roll:

Return to “Instruments”