SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

Hi there everyone! Just a quick note to say ArcSyn v2.0 is available now. It's a free update for registered users and includes the following features:

1. Most effects parameters are now available as modulation destinations.

2. There are now a set of arpeggiator voice modes and an associated ARP RATE menu which appears when you select an ARP voice mode. This arpeggiator only affects note pitch, not gates, which makes it more compatible with ArcSyn's LFO sequencing. It's effectively an extension to the MONO voice modes.

3. There is now an external audio input to the effects.

4. MIDI Modwheel and Channel Pressure modulation sources smoothed to avoid zippering.

5. There are 60 new programs.

6. Bug fix: Some LFO sequences sometimes start on the wrong step.

7. Bug fix: In Live 9, effect controls sometimes draw on top of effect menus.

8. Bug fix: The LFO COPY and PASTE buttons code used the wrong memory area, so using them *could* result in odd behaviour, or even crashes.

If the feature you wanted wasn't included, I can only apologise and say that development is ongoing. GUI resizing is unlikely to happen though, as it's beyond the capability of the library I'm using.

Lots of people have asked for stereo unison, which I'll look into, but ArcSyn's filters can be arranged in a mono signal path, which would cancel out any stereo width added by unison applied to the oscillators, so I'm not sure how to resolve that. In other words, to get a full stereo effect, you'd have to pan the filters left and right, so if the program you've selected doesn't do that, adding unison wouldn't work so well. I promise to do some serious thinking about it though!

Also, thank you to everyone for your comments and suggestions, both positive and negative.

Great update Steven!

Thanks so much for all your hard work...

-Happy Holidays :party:

Great work Steven, still one of my favourite synths to get completely lost in.

Although, having got lost in it, is there any news on an undo function for when tweaking goes on rather past the point of no return?

Might be a bit too quick off the mark but downloaded the zip from your website and it's still the last version 1 update. Was looking for the arps and new modulation targets but nothing showed up.

great to see this! 2 things: au went into the audio folder (the components parent folder) on my mac (despite the 'components' folder alias in the installer), and might be good to remind people to merge the documents folder; if i hadn't done that, i would have wiped out my 3rd-party presets (this is all on a mac, of course).

but arcsyn is a strange & lovely synth... that i always find uses for. thanks steven!

A big "thank you" for version 2 of this great synthesizer.
Arp voice mode and modulatable effects... great additions.
ArcSyn gets better and better and weirder and weirder...

Thanks.

Cheers,
tl.

:tu:

are the new programs grouped together? just wondering which presets are new... but v2 is impressive (so far; i've barely scratched the surface...)

Oh myh, that just made my day thank you!

Edit; Well damn none of my presets from version 1 work :cry:

I always save as .fxp using win 7x64
Last edited by shroom81 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

BOOM. One of my go to’s at this point. Thanks for letting me know the GUI won’t be resized right now. I’ll drop mentioning it. The original GUI is still the best here. Great work.

Great thanks for this! Love this synth so much!
Still hoping that one day I'll be able to switch between presets using Program Change! And I'd use it a ton more than I do.

Thanks for the update dude, one of the best sounding VST synths I've ever heard just got even better!

I still dream of drag and drop modulation, but I realise that may be impossible to implement with whatever tools you've used for your GUI development. Looking forward to playing around with the new version regardless!

Great update, one of the best synths out there.

SPC Plugins wrote:Lots of people have asked for stereo unison, which I'll look into, but ArcSyn's filters can be arranged in a mono signal path, which would cancel out any stereo width added by unison applied to the oscillators, so I'm not sure how to resolve that. In other words, to get a full stereo effect, you'd have to pan the filters left and right, so if the program you've selected doesn't do that, adding unison wouldn't work so well. I promise to do some serious thinking about it though!
Stereo filters all the time.

---
shroom81 wrote:Well damn none of my presets from version 1 work :cry:

I always save as .fxp using win 7x64
Re-save them with version one in ArcSyn's own format.

Tried out the new version, very nice and has definitely opened up a lot of potential.

I would say though that the new fx destinations seem a bit messy and rather confusing as to what controls these are actually supposed to be affecting. Given that most of the fx are 3-4 knobs, surely something along the lines of "fx1 ctrl 2" might have been a little simpler, possibly with extraneous options missing.

I also would prefer it if the arpeggiator still worked when the DAW sequencer is not running and allowed a bit more control of the arp regarding octaves, note repeat, gate, etc.

Still, good work all told, sure these will get ironed out in future updates.

Return to “Instruments”