Alternate GUI for Arcsyn now available in v1.5 out now.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The labels - cutoff, osc etc - more off white, the colour is fine but the margins make it too chunky (plus all needs to be the same colour - the labels for master and decay, rate are different colours)

aMUSEd wrote:The labels - cutoff, osc etc - more off white, the colour is fine but the margins make it too chunky (plus all needs to be the same colour - the labels for master and decay, rate are different colours)
baaaahahahahaa!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clown:

these are are all issues with the dev's current gui! i thought you were talking about MY GUI!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

OK when you wrote 'addressed' I thought you meant you had added a dark version as well as a light one - didn't read your first post properly but the image you posted saying it's 1.3 looks nothing like the 1.3 on my system or the developers site so I assumed it was another mockup.

This is how mine looks - much better - all it needs is the centre section the same as the outer and then the text colour will contrast better with the background

aMUSEd wrote:OK when you wrote 'addressed' I thought you meant you had added a dark version as well as a light one - didn't read your first post properly but the image you posted saying it's 1.3 looks nothing like the 1.3 on my system or the developers site so I assumed it was another mockup.
lmao! my bad... the dark gui on the first page is someone elses modified original version
that i got from google images! i have not messed with the actual v1.3 gui.
i'll have to switch that with the one you have posted.

hilarious.

i like mine (not the buttons), done in minutes; just brightened, and sharpened the background image.
added a little 'blue' (so less black). otherwise, am really liking what layzer has done...and want it. now. :D
Last edited by fisherKing on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

layzer wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK when you wrote 'addressed' I thought you meant you had added a dark version as well as a light one - didn't read your first post properly but the image you posted saying it's 1.3 looks nothing like the 1.3 on my system or the developers site so I assumed it was another mockup.
lmao! my bad... the dark gui on the first page is someone elses modified original version
that i got from google images!
Thank god for that, that one is a mess. I thought at first the dev had gone mad due to all the interface complaining and gone the easy 'designed by committee' route :)

fisherKing wrote:Image

i like mine (not the buttons), done in minutes; just brightened, and sharpened the background image.
added a little 'blue' (so less black). otherwise, am really liking what layzer has done...and want it. now. :D
this is getting more hilarious by the minute, it was fisherking's modified dark skin i had mistaken and posted on the first page as the original which Amused was picking out issues with! too funny! :lol:

and Fisher, we'll get it to you. i think its just about done and ready to be pitched to Steve.

layzer wrote:
fisherKing wrote:Image

this is getting more hilarious by the minute, it was fisherking's modified dark skin i had mistaken and posted on the first page as the original which Amused was picking out issues with! too funny! :lol:
Maybe, the one above looks a bit more worked on and refined to me, less bold blue margins (although still the different coloured fx text). But I do still prefer the original personally.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fisherKing wrote: i like mine (not the buttons), done in minutes; just brightened, and sharpened the background image.
i don't have any major complaints about the original other than it is too dark to my liking. EnergyXT2
has both dark and light gui options and i would find it difficult to work with if it were only dark.
i hate the fruity loops gui. how anyone can work in such a dark and depressing environment is beyond me.

If I may ask, how do you make a GUI for a synth? What do you need to have access to? What software do you use? What programming language do you need to know to integrate the graphic with the dll?

@ the dev
please be carefull with changing something on the current skin/ui. Me and lot of other users are very happy with the current look, and doesn`t need any additional features, for now. :wink:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

sugo wrote:@ the dev
please be carefull with changing something on the current skin/ui. Me and lot of other users are very happy with the current look, and doesn`t need any additional features, for now. :wink:
i for one am not asking him to change anything on the dark gui as i am using ARCSYN with
my own GUI. I just think as many as 50% of its users would like to have this light skin as an
alternate look for their money.

so go on using the synthedit looking original GUI if thats what floats your boat.
Last edited by layzer on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatever else is true, it would be great to have some choices; most of my synth plugins have several GUI options (and i always find at least one that works well). hope we see that with arcsyn.

i just modified the background image (a single file) in apple's Preview, so again, brightness, sharpness, some 'blue'. not a big deal (but makes me happy).

really like what layzer is doing, and look forward to having it my grubby mitts. :D

fisherKing wrote:whatever else is true, it would be great to have some choices; most of my synth plugins have several GUI options (and i always find at least one that works well). hope we see that with arcsyn.

i just modified the background image (a single file) in apple's Preview, so again, brightness, sharpness, some 'blue'. not a big deal (but makes me happy).

really like what layzer is doing, and look forward to having it my grubby mitts. :D
well, hopefully the dev will consider it. what you can't see in the screen shots is how cool the knobs look being turned. 8)

layzer wrote:
so go on using the synthedit looking original GUI if thats what floats your boat
What has SE got to do with anything. You can make any graphics you want and use them in SE. Its stock images are a couple of knobs/buttons, thats it. Some of the crap gui's made in SE are down to bad design, not SE itself.

Return to “Instruments”