30%
18%

Total votes: 390

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

I can't install, even as Administrator. Win 8.1 x64

It's easy if you know how

At this stage, with complex modulations and/or high resonance, I'm finding I'm generally liking 1 the least.

Often there seems to be two groups which exhibit similar behaviour - 1 & 4 are one group (the less good, more stable/static, less complex) and 2, 3 & 5 (more chaotic and complex).

It would be nice to be able to switch between filters with the 1-5 number keys on the keyboard though...

So far i like 4 and 5 the most while 2 and 3 the least.
Tomorrow it might be the opposite though....

Thanks for this to U-he, its quite interesting to "test" ones own taste this way.
Andy is a support ninja.

1 is definitely the most different and loud, but has some odd sounds, when high level modulation.
1 and 4 have similar beating when low level modulation and hi resonance, also 2, 3, 5 respectively have similar beating among themselves.
5 is the most quiet.

which is the best. i have no idea. have to think about it.

Is it possible that people could see the results of the survey above and that could subconsciously influence their decision on which filter is best? Might be best if the results are hidden until you've cast your vote!

lesha wrote:I can't install, even as Administrator. Win 8.1 x64
Weird! It's our normal installer, not sure what to do... maybe the guys at support at u-he dot com know, but they're still dismantling our booth... maybe tomorrow then...

andresnol wrote:1 is definitely the most different and loud, but has some odd sounds, when high level modulation.
1 and 4 have similar beating when low level modulation and hi resonance, also 2, 3, 5 respectively have similar beating among themselves.
Seems you have similar impressions to my own...

it's tough for me between 3 or 4 after some more playing around
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Urs wrote:
lesha wrote:I can't install, even as Administrator. Win 8.1 x64
Weird! It's our normal installer, not sure what to do... maybe the guys at support at u-he dot com know, but they're still dismantling our booth... maybe tomorrow then...
Sorry, it's ok now. I've disabled Auto-Sandbox in Comodo firewall and it works now.
Strange, I haven't had any similar problems before...
It's easy if you know how

I'm loving the sound of this. It's just a shame there are no amplifier envelope, LFO and modulation sections. :(

That GUI is beautiful. :love:
Opax

first impressions.
n.5 my fav. but most of them are too close to call.
the only filter that stands out as notably different is n.1 very piercing when self osc kicks in..but a filter like that is always useful for some punchy piercy sound. so I'd keep both n.5 and n.1 as they are 2 distinctly different flavours.

Sorry to heavy for my laptop. Also to my taste this synth is too restricted (no amp env?).

Here's a quick demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfoCs_zaX90
Filter 1 sounds the most lo-fi to me, but I'd love to have it as an option in the final product. Others are close, leaning towards 4 or 5 but can't decide yet.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Opax wrote:I'm loving the sound of this. It's just a shame there are no amplifier envelope, LFO and modulation sections. :(

That GUI is beautiful. :love:
Switch vca source to envelope - it can at least share the filter envelope. You can get interesting modulation if you experiment with the envelope attack and decay with short note runs.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

beely wrote:
andresnol wrote: Seems you have similar impressions to my own...
: D cool!

also prob in that group of 2,3, 5 number 3 sounds different from 2 and 5 again respectively (ie. nr 3 starts already buzzing when cutoff at 7,5 while 2 and 5 don't do that.)

Return to “Instruments”