Acoustic Samples B5 - Hammond Organ VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B-5 Organ

thysm00 wrote:We just released the B-5 Version 2, it is an entirely new product with many new features and a completely different sound.
Awesome! This update already uses a Leslie based on UVI Rotary?

Yes, it includes it and our own tweaks.

Woah, it's way better than V1 (and V1 was very good in my opnion!)

But...it's not loading in Falcon. Yes, I can load it on UVI Workstation.

waltercruz wrote:Woah, it's way better than V1 (and V1 was very good in my opnion!)

But...it's not loading in Falcon. Yes, I can load it on UVI Workstation.
Are you running the newest version of Falcon? I know this required the UVI Workstation 2.6.10 update to work, so perhaps there was a corresponding Falcon update. I'm not a Falcon owner, so not 100% sure, but just a suggestion.

But yeah, this update is beyond good. They've added 3 entire Hammond organs, improved the Leslie substantially, made it work with the most common organ controllers, and more. I seriously can't believe they're not charging for this upgrade, but I'm certainly glad they're not.

Best Hammond plugin/library/whatever by a country mile IMO.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I seriously can't believe they're not charging for this upgrade, but I'm certainly glad they're not.

:tu:

Completely agree! Yes latest Falcon update :) Asking cause I configured my Mainstage Rig using Falcon. Tomorrow I will play with my Pink Floyd cover band, but will use still the V1. But next gig I will update to V2 :)

Prime Mover wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I wonder why Prime Mover isn't using VB3, it's just leaps and bounds better than B4-II :)
I own it, and while it's definitely up there, there are both sonic and UI reasons that I don't like it as much as B4-ii. The saturation never sounded right to me, it's a bit TOO piercing. Also, even with a bridge, it doesn't play nice with Digital Performer, my main DAW, and won't run in Apple MainStage, my live performance environment. I also don't like the way that a lot of the settings are global and will carry over between instances; I don't want to worry about one change I make for one project effecting other projects. Add to that that there will never be a 64bit Mac VST or AU, so it has no better future to me than B4-ii.
I tried it again after a few years, and I just don't like it.
It doesn't really work in VE Pro anyway. That runs 32-bit alongside 64-bit, so I can load it up just fine but automating it, it won't even remember where it is in that host last I looked. It would just revert, next launch it's at default.

But the Drive doesn't work for me sonically. Evil Dragon gets so wet over it. It's shrill to me. I wanted a real ballsy organ for this one template and no.

If anything's shrill, that's B4-II's drive. So plastic and unsavoury. :/

It's not clear from the specs, but can the leslie sim be used as an effect on other sources?

Once Falcon update is released that contains the updated Leslie effect, I would suppose so.

EvilDragon wrote:Once Falcon update is released that contains the updated Leslie effect, I would suppose so.
.. but of course that is not the same as having a separate Leslie plugin ;).
UVI have released an excellent Rotary plugin, but, I have to admit, the one inside B-5v2 is even better (quite stunning, in fact ;) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I have no idea what Falcon is and how it relates to this instrument.
Really, I don't even want to use leslie on _other_ sources, I just want to break the signal chain to insert an independent distortion/amp sim, so that the chain looks like: dry organ -> amp sim -> leslie. In my experience that's the only way to get best distortion sounds for hard rock, because built-in distortions are not very good.

Falcon is a fully editable version of UVI Workstation. It's like Kontakt vs Kontakt Player. :D

For your use case, you will want to get UVI Rotary as separate effect, which will get you what you want.

Megakazbek wrote:I have no idea what Falcon is and how it relates to this instrument.
Really, I don't even want to use leslie on _other_ sources, I just want to break the signal chain to insert an independent distortion/amp sim, so that the chain looks like: dry organ -> amp sim -> leslie. In my experience that's the only way to get best distortion sounds for hard rock, because built-in distortions are not very good.
Do you want to use an independent Leslie on B5?

EvilDragon wrote:For your use case, you will want to get UVI Rotary as separate effect, which will get you what you want.
Is it the same leslie sim as B5 v2? Even if so, it seems I have to purchase two plugins for that.
waltercruz wrote:Do you want to use an independent Leslie on B5?
No, I want to use B5's own leslie on B5 itself, but with a separate effect plugin between the dry organ sound and the leslie effect. So that B5 sound is processed by amp sim plugin, and amp sim out is processed by B5 leslie.
To be honest, before asking this question, I thought that it was how most people use their Hammond sims, because it's such an obvious thing to do, but apparently I was wrong :)

It's because Leslies already have their own amplifiers built in, that have their own distortion characteristics... :)

Return to “Instruments”