Official Arturia VCollection5 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

davidka wrote:
davidka wrote:I see that they have rewritten some code - does the Mini-V sound comparable to the rival moog emulations now?
Answering my own question: Who cares if not 100%, the demo sounds and feels good! Thank you Arturia! :)
:lol: :tu:
Last edited by Nielzie on Thu May 19, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Sequent wrote:Well, speaking for myself... $199 sounds okay especially if the Synclavier portion is done as well as it appears that it was. So, I'm thinking of it as getting updated versions of all the plugins from V4 for $99 and then getting what amounts to a Synclavier for $99. The Synclavier part is big and congrats to Arturia for pulling this one off apparently correctly!!!

Does anyone know if the original was 100% digital, or did it contain analog filters, etc.? If it was 100% digital, then this indeed an exciting release.
There were several models of the Synclavier, depends on which version (or all) they have emulated

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/synclav.php

VitaminD wrote:It means if it was included in V4, you pay the special upgrade pricing (99) to V5 to get all your V4 plugins to V5
Even for plugs that was released quite recently like Matrix 12 and Solina ?

I upgraded to V4 collection just five months ago, too early for me to pay another $99 to stay updated
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu May 19, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sequent wrote:Well, speaking for myself... $199 sounds okay especially if the Synclavier portion is done as well as it appears that it was. So, I'm thinking of it as getting updated versions of all the plugins from V4 for $99 and then getting what amounts to a Synclavier for $99. The Synclavier part is big and congrats to Arturia for pulling this one off apparently correctly!!!

Does anyone know if the original was 100% digital, or did it contain analog filters, etc.? If it was 100% digital, then this indeed an exciting release.
They used the original source and then enhanced it seems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzy_4tR-zUA

fast forward to 2:45

Just playing with the Synclavier patches in Analog Lab - outstanding! - sending tingles down my spine - worth the upgrade just for this.

I had a quick go with the B3, Piano and 73 too - the B3 is great, the Piano isn't a patch on Pianoteq for proper pianos but the more effected sounds were nice, the 73 doesn't sound right - lacks body.

mcbpete wrote:Numanoid - Just bought my upgrade for $169 (~€150/£120) through JRRShop. It's listed as $199 but as soon as you add it to the basket you get an additional group-buy discount.
Not getting that here :(

A quick check online seems to indicate that the Synclavier was 100% digital... e.g. no analog filters as in for example the PPGs. Therefore for all practical purposes this IS a Synclavier and even better.

Therefore, in that case (speaking for myself) the update is well worth the asking price.

Not really interested in the pianos per se, but the pianos and the B3 are an added bonus.

aMUSEd wrote:Just playing with the Synclavier patches in Analog Lab - outstanding! - sending tingles down my spine - worth the upgrade just for this.

I had a quick go with the B3, Piano and 73 too - the B3 is great, the Piano isn't a patch on Pianoteq for proper pianos but the more effected sounds were nice, the 73 doesn't sound right - lacks body.
Agree on the Synclavier. The thing is a beast. I will need manual to learn to program this thing. Never got my hands on one as a kid as they were like $20,000 around my neck of the woods. And that was dirt cheap.

aMUSEd wrote:
mcbpete wrote:Numanoid - Just bought my upgrade for $169 (~€150/£120) through JRRShop. It's listed as $199 but as soon as you add it to the basket you get an additional group-buy discount.
If you're having trouble you can also try Audio Deluxe. Basically the same thing... $199 but the price goes down in your cart if you're logged in.

aMUSEd wrote:Just playing with the Synclavier patches in Analog Lab - outstanding! - sending tingles down my spine - worth the upgrade just for this.
It seems that Analog Lab V2 is included in V4 collection, I find both Analog Lab and Analog Lab 2 listed under V4 collection in Arturia Software Center.

Analog Lab 2 contains all the patches of the 5 new instruments in V5.

Quickly checking the Synclavier ones, I'm impressed how gentle they are on the CPU compared to the Matrix 12 :)

Yep - it's a really nice way for us V Collection 4 owners to demo the new synths before deciding - except I already have :)

Yup, the V2 instruments has been updated to V3, from V4 to V5

Quite confusing....

In my resource folder CS-80 is no longer V2 but CS-80 V3 the same goes for all the old plugins.

Matrix 12 V is now Matrix 12 V2 and also Solina V2 and SEM V2

sin night wrote:I think the 9.99 upgrade price is for each license which have been bought as a single and not yet upgraded to one of the Collection bundles.

I had the option to upgrade to the full V-Collection for 249, as I own 3 single instruments (and a MicroBrute and a Beatstep, I don't know if that matters to the final price).
That is kind of what I was expecting to see, going on past offers I have received.

I own Analog Lab, 3 individual plugins, and a SparkLE. I only see offers for the individual upgrades to them, but no offer to upgrade to the bundle (for $249?)

Should I? Kevin?

Cheers.

Other than gui enhancements, the update introduces relative control change support (I looked through the manuals because there was a discussion about that on an italian forum a few days ago).
Have you spot other new features? I'm still downloading, so I didn't try anything yet.

Usually there has been like 2.5 years between V Collection versions, but from V4 to V5 took less than a year and a half, will thus V6 be out before the end of 2017?

V5: May 2016
V4: Dec 2014
V3: July 2012
V2: March 2010

Return to “Instruments”