SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Jed9999 wrote:Hi there!!!
The main reason is the load time, it's been taking about 30sec to first load SM2 and something betwen 6~10 sec to load any newer instance after.
Same here, so annoying!!! For me its about 34 seconds for the first time you open the plugin and about 13 seconds when you load more instances, Synthmaster One opens within 2-3 seconds... I have to mention that i have installed many additional wavetables and SFZ files in the users library, when i remove those, the loading time drops dramatically. This is not right if that is the case, it should be an option to disable the automatic scanning every time you load a new instance of the plugin!

Windows 10 x64, Reaper v5.93pre5, Sata HD.

_TIP_ wrote:I have to mention that i have installed many additional wavetables and SFZ files in the users library, when i remove those, the loading time drops dramatically. This is not right if that is the case, it should be an option to disable the automatic scanning every time you load a new instance of the plugin!
If that is the case, that would explain why this issue only affects SM, and not other plugins on the users computer.

In my case, I only have a few waves in the user library, and do not make extensive use of this feature.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

_TIP_ wrote:I have to mention that i have installed many additional wavetables and SFZ files in the users library, when i remove those, the loading time drops dramatically. This is not right if that is the case, it should be an option to disable the automatic scanning every time you load a new instance of the plugin!
Hi there mate! Thanks for the info!
I've done a fresh install this time and cleaned all the wavetables folder, and to my surprise, now SM2 takes less than 3sec and SM1 less than 2sec on first load.
Since i don't normally use WT out of the box, i'm fine with that, and if i want to, i can aways drag from the DAW browser anyway :tu: . I just haven't figured out how can i do that in Reaper :roll:
None or less, this is something that need to be improved, cuz it's not, whats the point of having the option in the first place?

Glad i was able to help, hopefully Bülent is going to take care of that issue in the next update!

Yeah, hopefully...cuz i've started to see a pattern here...i mean, i really don't want SM3 to carry the same problems of the older brothers. I'm a big fan of KV331, and i'm pretty sure that SM3 will be just sick!!!

zzz00m wrote:
Gosh wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:How do you do that? I can't find anything about how to refresh licenses on their site (doesn't even say where they are supposed to go actually)?
you can do that from within the plugin from the browser page by right-clicking on the purchased tab, this opens up a menu with a "refresh my lincenses" entry (see page 19 in the synthmaster 2.9 manual)
^^^ +1
Wish I had known that before I bought the two new banks. I too though it was something like "everything" at the time of purchase when I read the "small print". Oh well we live and learn, I'll put it down as supporting a small developer :?

Sometimes it pays to read the manual.

But in any case those two banks were worth paying for. And I'm sure the devs will always appreciate more support!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:Sometimes it pays to read the manual.
That's far too sensible advice for me to follow :roll: :wink:

Hey Bulent!

When we can expect Synthmaster One to be updated with iOS skin ? :)

I really hope for a bug fix update, I'm finding many of the same issues as the others. when playing with modulations the synth tend to crash, it is taking a lot of time to load, I still hope for some control with the volume when increasing the voices of the oscillators and more issues.

The synth has a great potential, but the stability is really a problem, I rarely have seen a synth with so many issues like this, with all due respect, but in real time production isn't helpful at all those sort of thing.

Hello I have sent a few messages through your website & nothing..im along Synthmaster user im upset with the lack of anyone getting back to me.. neither SM2 OR SM1 are working im on a Mac running 10.13.6.. both synths crash Ableton & Logic Pro X .as I said this has been going on for some time.. I have songs I have mad with both that I can not use @ the moment. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me..my email is thanks !
fup4000

It does seem like the Dev has disappeared off the face of the planet.

I was impressed for a long time with the activeness of the dev. Now I actually own a SM product and need support he's gone, call that sods law.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I have all the respect in the world for SM and the developer, but although I own SM1 & 2 (and a lot of soundbanks), seeing this topic again made me realize that I haven't even opened either SM for a long time, which is a real shame.

When a piece of software seems to be in a beta state pretty much all the time, with some ancient/persistent/strange bugs and oddities that never get a clear solution... at some point I just give up and move to other software. I don't mean this happens with some sudden dramatic outburst ("ahhh I swear I will never use this plugin again!!"), it's just that when I need a synth in a song, and open the list of synths I have, each of them usually gives me some mental image (yeah, that one I like, that one had some problems I think, etc). So eventually I just "drift" towards the stuff that works, and away from stuff that gives me constant problems.

Again, I'm really really hoping SM gets to the same level in stability, bug-freeness (is that a word?) and polish as some of my other favourite synths. Otherwise I wouldn't care, but in their core, SM1 & SM2 are fantastic synths, and seeing them live to their full potential would be amazing. I totally get it how difficult this is for a small developer... but here's to hoping! :)

+1 captain

I'm looking forward to 3, I would assume he is still around because I figure that would be a pretty nice payday coming up!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”