Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

noiseboyuk wrote:
Trancit wrote:I am demoing Avenger atm, but got a big problem with it:

All imported multisamples (which load correctly in other samplers) are in between 1-5 semitones off...
Same happens with drag n dropped single cycle wavs, which I can drop flawless onto Serum/Sytrus/Synthmaster/Mux have to be adjusted manually...

I don´t know, if I am doing something wrong or if there is something wrong????
Could be wrong, but sounds like it might be a mismatched sample rate thing. As a test, try converting the samples to either 44.1 or 48k before importing (the opposite to whatever they currently are).
Avenger only uses samples in 44.1 Khz - I first tried importing 48 Khz but they were all off by 2/3 of a semi-tone (as to be expected when playing 48k files in an 44.1 environment).

Sampleconstruct wrote:Avenger only uses samples in 44.1 Khz - I first tried importing 48 Khz but they were all off by 2/3 of a semi-tone (as to be expected when playing 48k files in an 44.1 environment).
I once owned their fx bundle with a convolution reverb in it which didn't produce any output > 22050hz. It seemed to downsample any impulse. Their "support" was to try to convince me that 44.1khz is "the only" meaningful samplerate in audio. Anything above wouldn't make sense :D Now I see another samplerate discussion incoming... :wink: But its a shame they don't even downsample them now, but rather play them wrong. That might be a bug.

Soundplex wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Avenger only uses samples in 44.1 Khz - I first tried importing 48 Khz but they were all off by 2/3 of a semi-tone (as to be expected when playing 48k files in an 44.1 environment).
I once owned their fx bundle with a convolution reverb in it which didn't produce any output > 22050hz. It seemed to downsample any impulse. Their "support" was to try to convince me that 44.1khz is "the only" meaningful samplerate in audio. Anything above wouldn't make sense :D Now I see another samplerate discussion incoming... :wink: But its a shame they don't even downsample them now, but rather play them wrong. That might be a bug.
I mentioned it already many months ago, it seems to be by design and not considered to be a bug - as I always work in 48 Khz, I then downsampled hundreds of multi-samples so I could use them properly in Avenger.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I mentioned it already many months ago, it seems to be by design
That's a bummer :eek: As I have dozens of multisampled orchestral samples from several libs in 96k this would be a no-go to me.

Thx very much... that was the issue...
The samples were all 48KHz... never thought about it before :-)

Soundplex wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I mentioned it already many months ago, it seems to be by design
That's a bummer :eek: As I have dozens of multisampled orchestral samples from several libs in 96k this would be a no-go to me.
It's not marketed as a sampler.. it's a synth with sample playback capabilities. Just use a resampler. There are plenty of free ones that support batch conversion and are absolutely top of the line (read: you'll have a hard time hearing any difference unless you are very sensitive to tiny changes in sound.. that is, do you hear 0.2dB EQ changes, do you hear 0.2dB compressor changes, do you hear tiny amounts of harmonic distortion etc).

Having said that, it is a bit weird that a synth has problems with samples of other sample rates than 44.1kHz. Surely a super simple sinc resampling algorithm could be created? Arguably I'd say 48kHz is more commonly used than 44.1kHz. This is 2017 after all.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

yes thats weird, usually it should accept all kind of khz rates. We again checked this and fixed some issues with certain wav formats. Now it should work with any sample rate in the next update

msvs wrote:yes thats weird, usually it should accept all kind of khz rates. We again checked this and fixed some issues with certain wav formats. Now it should work with any sample rate in the next update
Could you write on your "next upgrades list" the possibility of introducing sample reverse ability (an automat-able flip switch would be really cool but not mandatory) on both drum kits and oscillator (sampler mode)? I have myself in need for such action so many times when creating effects.

Also, as you seem to continuosly tweak the file browser, it would be nice to offer browser access to the samples included drum kits - keeping them only for the Drums osc and having no other way to preview them other than loading them into the drum osc makes them pretty hard to use in a speedy workflow.

msvs wrote:yes thats weird, usually it should accept all kind of khz rates. We again checked this and fixed some issues with certain wav formats. Now it should work with any sample rate in the next update
On December 9th 2016 I wrote this and also contacted Rene about it:
I just noticed that the root note detection is also off with the Resample-fuction (it's off in the multi-sample import too wen importing single samples as multi-samples), by 2 semitones exactly, so if I import a sample with a root note of C it will play 2 semis too low. Is it related to sample rate, I use 48 Khz for all of my samples, will test further.
and a little later this:
So it seems, only 44.1 samples re-synthesize at the correct pitch, samples at 48Khz are off by +1 semitone. Was this mentioned in the manual, I'll have to check again.

sircuit wrote:
Could you write on your "next upgrades list" the possibility of introducing sample reverse ability
I think you can do that already in granular synthesis mode.

goleat wrote:
sircuit wrote:
Could you write on your "next upgrades list" the possibility of introducing sample reverse ability
It may be, but I would like the option for straight samples (one shots) without passing them through a granular engine which is a form of destructive processing

sircuit wrote:
goleat wrote:
sircuit wrote:
It may be, but I would like the option for straight samples (one shots) without passing them through a granular engine which is a form of destructive processing
I think the "strength" knob can regulate the intensity between the granular and normal modes.

Maybe, Manuel can explain it better

So erm....
Is there an eta on granular yet?
I'm loving Avenger & keep checking in here to see how it's going ...

+1 for the idea of an English language section to the VPS forum... or a KVR sub forum. This is a fantastic synth and it'd be nice to check in with the Vengeance using community & share ideas.
I understand that this may take resources that need to go to development but it's still a great idea

no eta yet

within the next weeks is still the status

Manuel

Have you ever thought about developing an arpeggiator that knows which key the music is in?

Currently most of the arp patterns in Avenger (or any other synth) are melodically useless, and actually a waste of money to buy, as they use fixed intervals that do not transpose.

For example: When changing chord from Cmaj to Amin, the third intervals don't adjust from major thirds to minor thirds.

So I have to manually adjust all my arp patterns to play just 1st and 7th intervals only, which is okay, but can is also very boring as no decent melody can be expressed with the pattern, only a root-5th-8va sequence.

I would love to be able to design my own arp melodies, knowing I could change chord, and it wouldn't sound like it's all gone wrong :)

Can you do this?

Can you access a table that will automatically recalculate 3rd and 7th intervals to fit a known root key?

Commercially, this will allow you to offer much more musical, flexible arp presets than stone age competitors.

thanx = kev
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Instruments”