Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

is it just me, but my fave goto preset is init

it's the finest saw i've heard. tingles.

(spire gets more laughable every day - gawd that sounds so mean)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:is it just me, but my fave goto preset is init

it's the finest saw i've heard. tingles.
You know, I think it's just the effects. Turn off the reverb and delay, and it's a humble saw. Nexus does the same trick - the perfect effects for EDM. I nearly always turn them off as a first action if I'm creating anything other than EDM...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I hoped Manuel could tell me a bit about his best practices regarding sampling.

what answer do you expect? We multisample and loop manually. I never used and never will use a automatic software / robot for this, because I do not think a machine can do this as good as a human.
- we do not support SFZ
- if you want to sample raw waveforms, it should be enough to sample 1 complete cycle of this waveform on a very low octave and import it as "shape". Advantages: you can mange it / aliasfree

First of all, I would like to congratulate the Vengeance team, as this is the first time I have paid more than $100 for a synthesizer and I have not been disappointed. Still, I'd like to see this series of improvements in Avenger.

Features request:

Sampler:

- Ability to modulate the start and end loop.
- Ability to activate loop mode in previously imported samples.
- Add sample envelope (as in the other synthesis modes).

Granular synthesis:

- Add wet/dry knob.
- Granular stacker

Waveable synthesis:

- Wavetable stacker

Filters:

- Parallel mode filter.
- Make the comb filter more aggressive (take Arcsyn, Massive, Serum and Spire as a reference)

Other features:

- Ability to modulate one oscillator with another, as in Serum. Here are two possibilities: using the stacker or adding
another oscillator tab (or both modes).
- Ability to divide keyboard zones even in stacker mode. This means that if 4 samples are added to a single oscillator, they
can be divided into 4 zones on the keyboard.
- Ability to modulate delay time (effect)
- Ability to combine different synthesis modes in a single oscillator (stacker mode).
- Ability to select the synthesis mode of an audio sample from a contextual menu by right-clicking on the sample.

I think that's all. Congratulations to Rene and Manuel for this excellent work.

goleat wrote:
Granular synthesis:

- Add wet/dry knob.
:?: It's not an effect which you blend in, it's a synthesis form -> granular synthesis, not granular processing.

One thing I don´t get in Avenger...:

If I save a preset with "save as...", the browser jumps to the place where I saved it...

Tbh, I cannot imagine a single reason what one could benefit from this behaviour...

I mean there are several situations for saving a preset, i.e. you adjusted a preset to your liking and want to save it i.e. in a user expansion... why should I now get this user expansion folder listed in the browser... the adjusted preset is already loaded...
Or I browse i.e. the factory library and save the presets I like into my "Best of" expansion... after saving a preset, I want to browse the factory library further ... but no, I have to navigate again to the place the browser kicked me off...

Am I doing something wrong... are there settings to change this behaviour???

goleat wrote: Features request:

Sampler:
+1 !
Agree, the sample editing function should be a bit better than it now is. It's pretty basic now.
And yes, another sfz demand ;-)
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

godly wrote:
goleat wrote: Features request:

Sampler:
+1 !
Agree, the sample editing function should be a bit better than it now is. It's pretty basic now.
++1 @sampler/loop functions!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

A poor craftsman always blames his tools.

I love how Simon very rarely ask for things and just get the things done (and amazing things) with what he has in hands. Bugs and issues, of course. But man people never get happy with what they have and tend to believe that new features added all the time will magically turn them into music makers.

Neon Breath wrote:A poor craftsman always blames his tools.

I love how Simon very rarely ask for things and just get the things done (and amazing things) with what he has in hands. Bugs and issues, of course. But man people never get happy with what they have and tend to believe that new features added all the time will magically turn them into music makers.
sure good point, but the sampler is really not good with functions.... a simple loop, reverse should be there :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Neon Breath wrote:A poor craftsman always blames his tools.
Why would one assume that a person is a poor craftsman or blaming his tools, just because more features are requested in said tool to make it cooler? Can't a feature request just be a feature request?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

++1 @sampler/loop functions!
as stated earlier in this thread. Avenger is not meant to be a sampler. Its a synthesizer where the OSC *can be a sample. This is very well possible, even stack-able to 4 per osc.
It can't and won't replace Kontakt as a sampler/librarian with its key/velozone/loop options etc... It furthermore does not replace a sample editor like Wavelab etc...
this was not the goal behind Avenger and would require a more complex GUI / subpages. We dont like this idea.
Its a feature packed synthesizer. Not a big sampler, not an sample-editor, not a sequencer/DAW.
a simple loop, reverse should be there
there actually is a loop editor for single samples already. If you plan to loop multisamples I strongly reccomend using a sample editor (wavelab) for this and add the loop points directly in the according wav file.

godly wrote: +1 !

I don't care if they add. sfz compatibility (it's a feature I would never use in a synthesizer), I use Kontakt for that. The only thing I would like to see in Avenger is at least the sample envelope (as can be seen in the other modes of synthesis), and I insist, a more aggressive comb filter.

The rest is debatable (for me), I just want to contribute ideas, nothing more. I'm sorry if I offended someone (as I could see in a previous commentary), but it doesn't seem right to qualify a person, just for a feature request.

They stated a couple of times that they will never add sfz compatibility.

Return to “Instruments”