Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

sound design question:
I'm intrigued by a factory preset, a pad called PD Analog Staccato Swell.
It has some nice high pitched "artifacts" / blips in the pad and I'm trying to figure out what is creating them and why.
The sample its playing, Analog Brass2, seems to have none of these artifacts that are obvious. MODENV1 and MODENV2 are modulating FILTER1 and AMP1 , but I'm not sure how (and why) these are creating the artifacts - what are the MODENVs doing to create this ?
(on other pads, the Arp is producing the blips, not this one...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You can deactivate the routings in the matrix one by one. As soon as the blips are gone, you have your answer

Sping Sales ! 30% off for all skins !
Add the coupon SPRING2018 to your order.
http://encounters.be/shop/index.php?rou ... path=60_67
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

sircuit wrote:You can deactivate the routings in the matrix one by one. As soon as the blips are gone, you have your answer
Thanks... thats exactly what I did, and I found out that MODENV1 and MODENV2 were creating the blips by modulating the AMP and FILTER. I just don't know what the theory behind this is.

But you didn’t dig enough: “filter” is an area with 3 mappings: cutoff, resonance, envelope depth. I bet my money on the resonance parameter being the source of your blip.

The filter has the resonance at max and it’s a 24 dB/Oct one (so steep filter). Feeding any kind of sound with max resonance and you have just a resonant sound at cutoff frequency.

Very interesting to know on the same topic: youtube “self resonating filter synth”

exactly, the blips are made by the resonance in the filter, turn the resonance down and they are gone. The cutoff and res and panning is modulated by lfos and their rate by mod envs

msvs wrote:Here is a new VPS Avenger skin... this time bright and futuristic, done by a fellow KVR member

This skin is still the layout only. Has to be build in first, some minor things may change.

This will be one of the free skins we plan to include on release. You can select your favourite skin then in the plugin.

I've been craving a skin like this, especially for the clean and compact preset menu and flat ui elements (knobs, meters, and so on).
Is there any chance we'll ever have something similar? Hell, I'd even settle for the unfinished version :lol:

Very nice skin/layout!

yes, this skin is still on our table for implementing. But at the moment we have no time to do this, since we are working on bugfixes and the new OSC module ...

it will come!

msvs wrote:yes, this skin is still on our table for implementing. But at the moment we have no time to do this, since we are working on bugfixes and the new OSC module ...

it will come!
Thanks for the info. I almost lost faith but I'm glad to know there still are plans about it.
Can you give us a hint about that new OSC module? I'm really curious now, is it granular synthesis? Can't wait

Granular Synthesis? You must be kidding :) We already implemented this in the last updates

msvs wrote:Granular Synthesis? You must be kidding :) We already implemented this in the last updates
How have I missed that... :hihi:

tapekiller wrote: How have I missed that...
SideFX of preset surfing?

msvs wrote:
ps: yes analog filter is on our list
Awesome things are coming soon can not wait for this keep up the good work guys this synth is going to win many many awards :)

Is there any way to manage what computers to have Avenger activated on? I´m out of authorizations and wish to de-activate from laptops I don´t use any longer.

Thanks,

Andreas

Return to “Instruments”