Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote:no thats currently not planned, we think that working on 95% is no problem at all. Designing a new GUI would take minimum 6months of development, furthermore it would make Skin design way more complicated, since you have to design for 2 different GUIs
The effort is in no relation to the benefit, especially since 4k will continue its rise in the next years.
You are very wrong here, doesnt matter that 4k will rise, there are still handful of users that do not use TV sized monitors making it hard to use the plugin simply because its too big, too much stuff cramped making it dificult to read.

I dere you to try to use on 23 inch screen at 60 cm lenght without leaning to the monitor...

Im asstigmatic so demoing avenger is just painful :D

Think this way - 6 months of development might bring you more profit. Right now avenger is a luxury product because to use it you have to have a screen that is at least 27 inch size and also higher then a full hd wich puts an additional cost :) other then that NOT all vsts are scalable, so if you get a higher resolution bigger screen it costs you other instruments you are using (maybe even go-to instruments) like Massive (that one looks ridiculously small on 1440p), Reaktor ensambles, FX plugins ect :) For bigger screen you need a bigger room aswel :) its just beyond me how can anyone think that making a vst only fir full screen only for higher resolutions monitors is a great buisiness decision.

Manuel is right though. All of this GUI size discussion has happened before, when we went from CRT screens to flat screens and from 1024x768 resolution to full HD.

Every single company that were early adopters of proper GUI sizes for HD resolutions had a huge advantage. We are definitely at a cross roads to higher resolutions and bigger screens.

The scaling works just fine in my opinion. I'm running it on 85% scaling. While it is slightly annoying I still understand the decisions.

Could the UI be organized a bit better? Yes, definitely. Is it badly done/organized? No, no way.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

@Elektronisch: I could send you the standart dev reply: "thx for your feedback we will put this into consideration". And then nothing will happen.
But I am just honest to you: At the moment, the answer is no, sorry.
We have a demoversion of Avenger, if someone thinks its too big for his screen, or he can not live with the scaling down feature, then he can test this out before buying. We love Avenger how it is, we wont re-design our complete product, only because it looks a bit blurry when scaled. The concept of Avenger is, to have everything on one page. We dont want to shrink it down and have multiple pages.

btw you dont need necessarily 4k, I have 2x "QXGA wide" and this is the best resolution for working in a DAW in my opinion. If you worked 1 time with this, there is absolutely no way back to 1080p

bmanic wrote:Manuel is right though. All of this GUI size discussion has happened before, when we went from CRT screens to flat screens and from 1024x768 resolution to full HD.

Every single company that were early adopters of proper GUI sizes for HD resolutions had a huge advantage. We are definitely at a cross roads to higher resolutions and bigger screens.

The scaling works just fine in my opinion. I'm running it on 85% scaling. While it is slightly annoying I still understand the decisions.

Could the UI be organized a bit better? Yes, definitely. Is it badly done/organized? No, no way.
Resolution is not the main problem here. But the size vs how much stuff packed in screen. I can put resolution to 1440p but problem still persist. Onlt when i connected my 43 inch tv i was able to have a proper expierience.

Ill try to explain. When you see object small to see it well you need it to magnify it. Resolution does not magnify them, you have to use a magifying glass or in real word scenarion a bigger screen. Im using 23 inch monitor wich is perfectly fine for all vsts except for well Avenger.

msvs wrote:@Elektronisch: I could send you the standart dev reply: "thx for your feedback we will put this into consideration". And then nothing will happen.
But I am just honest to you: At the moment, the answer is no, sorry.
We have a demoversion of Avenger, if someone thinks its too big for his screen, or he can not live with the scaling down feature, then he can test this out before buying. We love Avenger how it is, we wont re-design our complete product, only because it looks a bit blurry when scaled. The concept of Avenger is, to have everything on one page. We dont want to shrink it down and have multiple pages.

btw you dont need necessarily 4k, I have 2x "QXGA wide" and this is the best resolution for working in a DAW in my opinion. If you worked 1 time with this, there is absolutely no way back to 1080p
but what about laptops? you still cant use on laptop of any size even if there would be 8k resolution :)

Elektronisch wrote:
bmanic wrote:Manuel is right though. All of this GUI size discussion has happened before, when we went from CRT screens to flat screens and from 1024x768 resolution to full HD.

Resolution is not the main problem here. But the size vs how much stuff packed in screen. I can put resolution to 1440p but problem still persist. Onlt when i connected my 43 inch tv i was able to have a proper expierience.

Ill try to explain. When you see object small to see it well you need it to magnify it. Resolution does not magnify them, you have to use a magifying glass or in real word scenarion a bigger screen. Im using 23 inch monitor wich is perfectly fine for all vsts except for well Avenger.
Ah now I understand what you are saying. That the GUI elements are too small in relation to the overall size of the plugin window, meaning you can never get a good sized knob/text, no matter what the scaling (and going to 200% doesn't help as it requires a huge resolution that makes the knobs small anyhow).

Yeah, I can relate to that. Some of the text sizes and detailed editing parts of Avenger are indeed made for "young eyes only". I'm struggling a bit with this as well.

So yeah, I understand your point now and do agree with you. It could definitely be better but at the moment it's not catastrophic.

@msvs:

What was the official bug reporting email address? bugs (at) ? :)

Also, is the strange useless keyboard tracking for the Shaper EQ Frequency a bug or a "feature"? I was hoping that it would be possible to accurately track the Freq of the EQ only mode per octave.. just like the normal filter, but it's very weird and practically useless as it is now. I suspect it may be a bug.

Cheers!
bManic

@msvs
Can you maybe update the subject to reflect the latest version of Avenger? It's easier to keep track when a new version has been released, or is to be released, like the upcoming v1.3.5 for instance?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

msvs wrote:now you are really getting lazy. Come on. We have more important update ideas, than save you 1 eventual mouseclick :clown:

It’s not so much about being lazy, it’s just annoying to have to do something that should’t be necessary every single time you launch the plugin.
You are currently reading my signature.

been testing Rapid vs. Avenger now but Avenger demo v1.2.6 keeps crashing all the time. is there a newer version available?

1.3.5 is available in the next days, we update the demo version then, too

but what about laptops? you still cant use on laptop of any size even if there would be 8k resolutio
On a 4k screen or even a 8k you can magnify Avenger to a bigger scale (150% or 200% size) which will result in an ultra crisp and sharp look. I run it on 120% and my viewing distance is ca 1m from the screen. Everything is visible very clear.

Elektronisch wrote: Right now avenger is a luxury product because to use it you have to have a screen that is at least 27 inch size
I can´t confirm that observation.
I have a rmbp 15" and in every resolution ranging from 1920x1200 to 1024x640 Avenger looks crisp and very usable.

bmanic wrote:@msvs:

Bump. Anybody know? Or should I just send bug reports to info (at) ... ?

bmanic wrote:
bmanic wrote:@msvs:

Bump. Anybody know? Or should I just send bug reports to info (at) ... ?
keilwerth at vengeance-sound.com
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

msvs wrote:new video of the 1.3.5 features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpCJZU ... e=youtu.be
Very cool features, love that mod shape. Will be very handy for me to control in live situations, to activate a function on the last position. For example an arp at the end of the mod wheel!
This Synth is becoming more and more valuable for me. A daily workhorse (that's why I have so much feature request sometimes lol)

I'm hoping in the next update some handy features will be taken care of. For me more important that the work flow is optimised above new features. Saves time working daily with this tool.

- FAV 127 presets list loading by CC nr
- Organise presets to category via drag
- direct save, with keyboard shortcut or ctrl+save button (there are to many steps now for saving) that's a time saver
- preset versions
- Simple COMPARE function: shift + memory button = compare (save current version and recall last saved), turn button into COMPARE until shift click memory,
- work out the sampling section
- Export samples from the editor to the internal Library (right click sample > export to lib)
- ugly VMAN button in browser tabs CONTENT | INFO | FILES | VMAN (it's damn ugly now in the left corner)
- Add skins folder in the DIR
- Visual feedback what flow a sound is going (now you see the bar on the OSC, and the led blinking on the AMP/FILT, but a bar should be easier to see on the AMP/FILT tab.
- Visual feedback in the modmatrix with a line for all mods
- Multi slots in drum, like arp
- Midi record drum sequence
Last edited by godly on Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Return to “Instruments”