Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Cubase is the devs daw that's why it is good tested. Feel lucky 8)

Hi,

does anyone know how to use more than one step sequencer?
I know that I can use the plus sign to add up to 8 sequencers. But how can I activate them to play in a row?

Assign each sequencer to a different OSC, and trigger as desired? That's a workaround, not sure if you can trigger one OSC from multiple sequencers in sequence.

Mr D wrote:Assign each sequencer to a different OSC, and trigger as desired? That's a workaround, not sure if you can trigger one OSC from multiple sequencers in sequence.
You mean if I need 4 different sequences, I have to use 4 different oscillators? :?:
I hope this is not the only way to do such an easy task.
If I use this workaround, how can I setup the second sequence to start after the first one ends and not at the same time?

The most crashes i have are in Logic when i close the plugin for example or when i close Logic, Logic crashed, when i use a app like "hosting au" on the mac, everything is working fine.

Another small problem i only have ONLY in Logic is that Avenger sometimes did not found the samples i need for my own expansion, on hosting AU is working...

Frank

https://soundcloud.com/xenox-afl/fn-syn ... -1-for-vps
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

I recommend Avenger it's more flexible on creating sounds you can pretty much modulate anything with everything. The new FM it's great because you can use the samples as source. I don't get any crashes I have a 16 gig ram and a ssd hard drive. I think that if you have a fast computer Avenger works great. Read the requirements before you buy it make sure you have a good computer enough ram and ssd hard drive would be better

Thanks everyone who has shared their experience with Avenger -- very helpful! I am really concerned about the number of people who have said they have crashes -- even "very few" crashes... how has the developer been handling this? Have you guys been able to isolate and repeat the issues and has the developer been responsive and helpful?

BTW, I'm on Windows 10 and use Reaper, Studio One and Bitwig (and also Cubase and Pro Tools for legacy projects and for clients when needed). I can't afford downtime so I try to stick with the most stable plugins... the comments mentioned about crashing with Avenger don't inspire confidence.

I cant be biased, I own all three.
Why don't you just test the demo to check if it is stable.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:I cant be biased, I own all three.
Why don't you just test the demo to check if it is stable.
I've learned over the years that testing a demo only goes so far in helping determine stability. While it certainly allows testing features, workflow, sound quality, etc., unless you start using the plugin in a *full* production project, you won't really know the stability. It's the day-in-day-out real-world usage that reveals if something is really, truly stable. The key plugins I use are battle-tested when the deadlines are giving me headaches, and I can't afford to use a plugin in professional situations if it gives me hassle, no matter how great the features and sound.

And the way this demo works, it is honestly one of the WORST kinds of demos for me, personally -- YMMV -- but for me, it can't save, it makes noise every 5 minutes, and has a 30-minute runtime limitation. No way I can put that into production to test without going insane. And you can't even simulate a real stability test since sometimes you only notice stability issues after a long time of hitting the DAW hard with a production project for hours and hours with many instances, etc... and you can't do that with this demo due to the 30-minute issue. And the 5-minute noise is super annoying. Thus, it's not very helpful to determine real stability IMO. A 30-day (or even just 14-day) unlimited demo like Steinberg and others do is far better for a real test, but it would likely need a different licensing model or big changes to the copy protection scheme.

But as for the features, workflow, sound, I'm already convinced VPS Avenger is excellent. In fact, it seems awesome in almost every way I need it. So I don't need to demo it for those issues. The real issue for me at this point is the real-world stability as reported from real users who use it in real projects every day. And in that regard, the responses in this thread don't give too much confidence, unfortunately. :(

So that's why I was asking about how the developer has been handling this? And if you guys have been able to isolate and repeat the issues, etc.?

The developer answer your question very fast and more updates are coming soon a new osc and also a analog filter. Avenger gets more updates and they are free. The developers also said they what to make a great synthesizer and won't stop until they fix all the bugs to make it perfect

enCiphered wrote:Hi,

I know that I can use the plus sign to add up to 8 sequencers. But how can I activate them to play in a row?
Please, could someone from Vengeance answer to my question?

enCiphered wrote:
enCiphered wrote:Hi,

Please, could someone from Vengeance answer to my question?
You can’t use multiple Step Sequencers with a single oscillator. If you need to play 4 sequencers in a row, assign them to 4 osc’s and then use a slow 5th step sequencer to control the volume (on/off) of each osc.

Thanks for your reply.
This is a major issue. I can´t believe such simple and essential function is missing in a synth like Avenger.
It offers up to 8 step sequencers but is not able to play sequences in succession?!
This is so essential and important in the musical process!
Programm a sequence, make some minor changes, copy paste them to a second sequencer and play them in a row.
Why does the arpeggiator has the pattern play feature but not the step sequencer?
Why am I forced to use such irrational workaround with assigning every new sequence change to a new osc?
Sorry, I just don´t get it.

Huh, aren't there patterns in Avenger's step sequencer? I think it is pretty capable, much more than in most other synths, but so far never used it except for simple arps.

Maybe just some updated documentation is missing? btw. I would highly prefer a html type of documentation over a pdf, with a clickable index on the left or so.

Dude, get creative!
Deactivate step sequencer in the osc signal flow.
Create up to 7 sequencers with variations and the 8th is going to be control.
Assign each variation seq to osc1 level but don’t give it amount.
With step seq 8 you give amount to all other 7 while also using the mapper to properly divide the steps. You could even change the seq order with a macro knob.

There’s always some “simple and essential function” that a synth lacks. Sometimes is really good to have a u-he synth, really forces you to think your patches.

Return to “Instruments”