What hardware are you missing in software?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you could pick one hardware synthesizer/sampler that still hasn't made it into a plugin, what would that be?

My choice would be (I know it's a bit silly - but I am a sampler nerd after all) a Fairlight. If it could be done properly.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I'd like a Roland D-50 (or D-10), and my trusty, old Korg Poly-800!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

None! :P

There are so many already I think that covers everything I could think of :D

Yep - I am a hardware slut too, but I like to work with both software and hardware. Different approaches gives different results.

The D50 would be fantastic as a plugin. Just look what Korg did with their M1 and Wavestation.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Ensoniq synths, particularly TS12, MR/ZR series and FIZMO. EMU Audity 2000. An exact digital modelling of Ensoniq DP4+ effects unit would also be neat.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:Ensoniq synths, particularly TS12, MR/ZR series and FIZMO. EMU Audity 2000. An exact digital modelling of Ensoniq DP4+ effects unit would also be neat.
It's funny you mention the DP4 which is a favourite unit of mine. A couple of years ago I was contracted to make reverb impulses from the reverbs of the ASR10 (which is pretty much the same as the DP4). Man if I had to work hard for those! Especially the non-highest quality reverbs became gave totally insane results with really high frequencies.

Bonkers.

/C

Roland-ey goodness - a D-50 would be fab, as would a complete XV sound engine plugin. Or maybe the V-Synth. Also the JX-10 (hi Martin!).

Moog Prodigy with a proper osc-sync emulation (looks like u-he might be on this after the Pro One).

Yamaha Reface DX :)

Recently i bought a Novation Bass Station II and at the moment there is no softsynths that is close to the sound and features of it.

Two plugins that are somehow close are e.g. Tone2 Saurus 2 and Waves Element 2. DIva does not really nail it at all, especially in terms of features.

If someone would do an emulation that also works polyphonic it would be great. Novation made an emulation for the old Bass Station but that one misses a lot of features from the Bass Station II.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Would love a straight port of the DW6000 and the QuadraVerb.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

A Lexicon Vortex would be nice.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Chemik wrote:Would love a straight port of the DW6000
Even better would be a DW-8000. I got one here since around 1 year and love it, especially the filter.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

DrGonzo wrote:If you could pick one hardware synthesizer/sampler that still hasn't made it into a plugin, what would that be?

My choice would be (I know it's a bit silly - but I am a sampler nerd after all) a Fairlight. If it could be done properly.

/C
Not currently a plugin, but: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fairli ... nstruments
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

a nordlead , the modular , the 1/2 or the 4 and then analog sh5 cwejman semi modular and others, even a futur retro xs...but no need to dream tbh better save and by the real deal cause software technlogy is not quite there yet to emulate those analog synths properly
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Ingonator wrote:DW-8000. I got one here since around 1 year and love it, especially the filter.
+1 for DW-8000, used to have one, loved it.

Return to “Instruments”