Harmless vst ---> range check error .delphi related

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Changing presets of harmless vst in renoise sometimesgives a range check error ..

Wouldn't it be time for image line to code their plugins in something other then 'delphi ' even for the sake of compatibility .
Especially when they sell it them as vst instruments .

This happes with a ot of I.L. vst's which are pc only ( delphi ) , I hope that they will solve this problem asap ....

Tested and crashed
Harmless demo vst
Sytrus demo vst
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Perhaps you can just report it to Image-Line's forum instead of here?
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

It's a demo version of harmless .
I can't be bothered registering on the I.L. forum just to report this issue , I probably know what the answer will be anyway .
Eyeball exchanging

He probably meant this one: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=86
Not sure if someone from the company reads it though.

Yes, that's the one, and yes, it's actively followed by Image-Line :D

regards, Frank
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

Your in Gent, they're in Gent. I know what I'd do.

So, when it's only occuring in Renoise, how are you sure this is a IL bug?

I recently tested the sytrus demo in Reaper without problems.

A 'range check' error is usually pointing to memory bounds. You should look at the plugin's hosting environment. See if there are switches you can change in your host's plugin wrapper. You could also be running other software that is playing in the same memory space.

I've had the same error pop up from time to time using Harmless inside FL Studio. So definitely not a Renoise issue.

gentleclockdivider - I read your renoise forum post. Range check errors are not delphi problems. You may be referring to the range check problems that were believed to be caused by delphi, but actually were because the range checking switch (by default off) was not turned on. If it was off and the error checking was not quite thorough enough you could receive those errors. Basically the range check error is just saying that the computer memory address location where an array is stored that the running program is trying to read, cannot access it properly. Since the running program is a vst (dll) that can only access the memory space the host daw allows it to, it usually points to a host memory access problem. This can sometimes be corrected by changing wrapper settings or daw switches.

omac, what a great explanation of "range check error".
Not a problem I suffer, but I appreciate your summary.

Thanks omac for the explanation ....

I just loaded another I.L.demo vst inside renoise and reaper ...
Notice the scrambled gui elements and again an error message when changing presets

At least 3 diffenerent plugins in 2 different hosts , is it too far stretched too think that the problems lies with the I.L. plugs ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider - if you post your operating system and some hardware specs I can post the question in the IL forum for you and hopefully we can find someone else close enough to your system that might have something to say regarding this. Also mention your graphics card.

Return to “Instruments”