Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

I think having the virus wavetables is less important than the actual wavetable functions they do in the virus, like the formant and graintable processing. Besides, if it's possible to load wavetables, then it's a moot point.

Virus has several wavetable modes, a normal wavetable, then wavetable formant, then wavetable grain. At first Viper will have the standard wavetable osc, but I cant promise the others, I dont even have a clue where to even begin or how they work. If there are programmers who are willing to help Im all ears.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote:or any other wavetables.
Basically Virus wt's :hihi:

adamtrance wrote:Virus has several wavetable modes, a normal wavetable, then wavetable formant, then wavetable grain. At first Viper will have the standard wavetable osc, but I cant promise the others, I dont even have a clue where to even begin or how they work. If there are programmers who are willing to help Im all ears.
Oh I thought you had said that it was your plan to add those extra osc modes (wavetable formant and wavetable grain). Maybe I misundertsood and you were only talking about the standard wavetable mode.

I have some other ideas for Oscillators as well which the virus doesnt have ;)

Hi Adam what about adding supersaw osc from jp6 to viper. can we wait it) ?

Hmm, but then my JP6K will be obsolete wouldnt it :P

adamtrance wrote:The 64 bit is finally in Beta, I sent it to my testers, I hope they dont find any problems with it, so the release can be very soon!
:tu:

adamtrance wrote:Hmm, but then my JP6K will be obsolete wouldnt it :P
it'd be nice to have the jp6k osc with better filters though.... :pray:
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:
adamtrance wrote:Hmm, but then my JP6K will be obsolete wouldnt it :P
it'd be nice to have the jp6k osc with better filters though.... :pray:
Or an update the includes the feedback osc.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

adamtrance wrote:I have some other ideas for Oscillators as well which the virus doesnt have ;)
Looking forward to it! :D

It's understandable there are limits to what is possible. A previous user said that Viper is more like a "Virus D" than a 1:1 of the Virus TI, which makes more sense since it's not really possible out of both difficulty and legality. At the end of the day, I'm just grateful there's a VST at all for those who want a Virus sound :).

Testing Viper 32bit in Bitwig demo now (doesn't work in Ableton). I'm liking it.
I 'm very fond of the arp.

A few bugs that I found :

* When i'm using the preset "SQ Trance Heaven AS" : when i trigger the arp with my keyboard and change the note, sometimes the arp looses tempo and starts to go really fast. I doesn't happen all the time. So you'll have to try several times to reproduce this bug.

* When you change presets, the sound from the previous preset holds on too long.

* Not a bug but the demo would be a nicer experience with a longer interval between the noise bursts.

Windows 7 64 bit, Bitwig demo, i7 4790k, 16 G ram.

Stefken wrote:When i'm using the preset "SQ Trance Heaven AS" : when i trigger the arp with my keyboard and change the note, sometimes the arp looses tempo and starts to go really fast.
Authentic Virus TI modelling.

zeusweiler wrote:
Stefken wrote:When i'm using the preset "SQ Trance Heaven AS" : when i trigger the arp with my keyboard and change the note, sometimes the arp looses tempo and starts to go really fast.
Authentic Virus TI modelling.
:D :D :D
Yeah, Virus TI arp goes out of sync all the time :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

dup
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”