Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:Upcoming battle of the synths -ANA2 vs VIPER...any bets :):):)
I think they are different synths conceptually. One is a partial copy of a heavy weight hardware synth. The other designed from the ground up.

I have hopes that ANA2 is something that can be developed into a classic like NI Massive and the Virus. Something that endures the test of time like both the above mentioned have.

adamtrance wrote:
Synthman2000 wrote:Only my personal view having become very accustomed to the Virus TI. I think missing 100 original WT's with Formant Complex WT position, F-Shift and F-Spread in themselves are more than 50pct of the synthesis capacity of the Virus. And arguably the most unique aspect of its capability over and above any other 3 oscillator VA.
Well, Viper is more like the Virus C + Hypersaw, but as I mentioned more features will be added along the line (more osc types, more fx, etc...), but I had to draw the line somewhere for version 1.0. I could spend 2 more years adding features I wanted but then it would never be complete. Also keep in mind in Viper you can use your own wavetables where as in Virus you cant, so there is that :P
You should think about mac users too and find solutions .

I would like to see Viper released since Adam says it's almost done. I'm not sure I'm liking the insinuation that software is perceived to have less value or is incomplete if it's 32 bit only or if it's not mac compatible. The developer determines the target market/demographic he/she wants. Not everyone wants to develop the be all/end all of VSTs or DAWs when they begin a project. Why can't someone just develop what they want without being chastised for their choices?

Also, a music producer who also develops might not want to stop his music career to become a full-time developer. Speaking as a developer (well not so much anymore) creative types need to be interested in what they're doing in order for it to be worthwhile. Boredom can be soul-killing.

Feels good to be a FL user cause that thing has a built-in bridge for 32 bit plugins. :D

omac wrote:I would like to see Viper released since Adam says it's almost done. I'm not sure I'm liking the insinuation that software is perceived to have less value or is incomplete if it's 32 bit only or if it's not mac compatible. The developer determines the target market/demographic he/she wants. Not everyone wants to develop the be all/end all of VSTs or DAWs when they begin a project. Why can't someone just develop what they want without being chastised for their choices?

Also, a music producer who also develops might not want to stop his music career to become a full-time developer. Speaking as a developer (well not so much anymore) creative types need to be interested in what they're doing in order for it to be worthwhile. Boredom can be soul-killing.
Maybe because it alienates a lot of people who do not want to use a frustrating bridge ? They don't always work very well.

Synthman2000 - you quoted me, but it seems like you commented about fanodu1's bridge comment. The core of my post was the belief that a developer should be able to develop what he/she wants without being chastised for their choices. That is what is actually being talked about here. It has also been debated at length throughout this thread. The developer has weighed in on it several times. While he has been very polite with his answers (far more so than the ones insisting they know better than he does, as well as the ones insisting that he should learn a new development environment to be competitive in the industry ...).

The developer has always been upfront with his choice of development environment and his comfort level with it, and his unwillingness to switch to another environment. He has also indicated that should his development platform become 64 bit he would gladly recompile. The development platform is now working with a 64 bit alpha version. While some applaud the "move" to 64 bit "soon", they seem to forget the version is alpha. There is a huge gap and significant amount of time between an alpha version and a stable production one. A great many projects never make it to production stable. I've never known a developer who would develop a commercial product with an alpha version. That's asking for problems. It's obvious that Adam was reporting good news concerning an experiment with his project, saying that 64 bit was now possible more so than indicating Viper was being developed in it.

So I say again, why can't Adam release the 32 bit project he has worked so hard on without people beating him up for it? We may "want" some things to satisfy us, but to say that it "isn't any good" (paraphrased from several earlier comments in this thread) IMO is ridiculous. Now I'll bow out of this conversation unless someone asks a civil question of me as it is exasperating to me. This is something I see repeated in so many other threads here on kvr.
Last edited by omac on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You seem to have missed Flowstone is in 64 bit development. I have my own motivations here..I don't care about 32 bit anything anymore. I want 64 bit and for myself that is the end of story.

I cannot speak for others as you have pointed out.

Synthman2000, I'm breaking my rule this once to point out the second paragraph of my post pointed out the 64 bit "alpha" development. My post still stands.

If you read your statement you will see that you are talking about your own personal wants. I was pointing out that the developer should be entitled to his own preferences as well. Why is that so hard to see? Your personal wants might be satisfied. They may not be. They might be satisfied later. That is for the developer to decide. We have a difference in philosophy that's all.

Everyone is happy if Viper contracts with Imageline and releases 64bit VST version?
Fancy of Sunday. :roll:

adamtrance wrote:
Synthman2000 wrote:Only my personal view having become very accustomed to the Virus TI. I think missing 100 original WT's with Formant Complex WT position, F-Shift and F-Spread in themselves are more than 50pct of the synthesis capacity of the Virus. And arguably the most unique aspect of its capability over and above any other 3 oscillator VA.
Well, Viper is more like the Virus C + Hypersaw, but as I mentioned more features will be added along the line (more osc types, more fx, etc...), but I had to draw the line somewhere for version 1.0. I could spend 2 more years adding features I wanted but then it would never be complete. Also keep in mind in Viper you can use your own wavetables where as in Virus you cant, so there is that :P
Could you please describe what the full feature set is like? :)

There is no point in arguing about 32 and 64 bit, because FlowStone 64 bit is in development so Viper will eventually be in 64 bit as well. I have no idea when, I dont have that version yet, the developer is trying his best to make it work, you can imagine its a huge task to change things in a modular environment with almost infinite possibilities and variations. All I know is that I need to finish version 1.0 first :lol: I am finishing the promo material next week, then I need to prepare the demo version, then update my website and its done, so very very close to release now!
Shiek927 wrote:Could you please describe what the full feature set is like? :)
Sure, here is a rough list:

2 Main Oscillators with morph (from user wav to saw, to pulse with PWM) or Multisaw (Hypersaw)
1 extra user wav osc
1 Sub osc
Noise with color
Punch, for transients
Osc 1-2 Sync
FM
RM
Unison up to 8 voices

2 Filters with Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Band Reject (notch)
Filter Saturation curves
4 Filter routings

4 Envelopes: Filter Env, Amp Env, Mod 3 and Mod 4

3 LFOs , 2 of them with wave morph and can be used as a single cycle so they can be used as extra envelopes if needed

Mod Matrix with lots of sources and destinations

FX:
Character (analog boost)
Distortion with lots of curves
Filter effects: Ring Modulator, Frequency Shifter, Vowel Filter, Comb Filter
Phaser
Chorus
Delay with many patterns, and free time control for those tape delay effects (speeding up or down the echo)
Reverb
EQ

Arpeggiator with user patterns, synced to tempo or free running with Swing

Preset browser

And as I mentioned, I have lots of ideas to add as well, but this is where I had to draw the line for the moment :hihi:
Last edited by adamszabo on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

double post, i dont know how to delete it

adamtrance wrote:There is no point in arguing about 32 and 64 bit, because FlowStone 64 bit is in development so Viper will eventually be in 64 bit as well. I have no idea when, I dont have that version yet, the developer is trying his best to make it work, you can imagine its a huge task to change things in a modular environment with almost infinite possibilities and variations. All I know is that I need to finish version 1.0 first :lol: I am finishing the promo material next week, then I need to prepare the demo version, then update my website and its done, so very very close to release now!
Shiek927 wrote:Could you please describe what the full feature set is like? :)
Sure, here is a rough list:

2 Main Oscillators with morph (from user wav to saw, to pulse with PWM) or Multisaw (Hypersaw)
1 extra user wav osc
1 Sub osc
Noise with color
Punch, for transients
Osc 1-2 Sync
FM
RM
Unison up to 8 voices

2 Filters with Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Band Reject (notch)
Filter Saturation curves
4 Filter routings

4 Envelopes: Filter Env, Amp Env, Mod 3 and Mod 4

3 LFOs , 2 of them with wave morph and can be used as a single cycle so they can be used as extra envelopes if needed

Mod Matrix with lots of sources and destinations

FX:
Character (analog boost)
Distortion with lots of curves
Filter effects: Ring Modulator, Frequency Shifter, Vowel Filter, Comb Filter
Phaser
Chorus
Delay with many patterns, and free time control for those tape delay effects (speeding up or down the echo)
Reverb
EQ

Arpeggiator with user patterns, synced to tempo or free running with Swing

Preset browser

And as I mentioned, I have lots of ideas to add as well, but this is where I had to draw the line for the moment :hihi:
Woah!!! that sounds like a pretty full synth! ^U^. There will always be more feature-requests, but it sounds like this is already enough to have fun with ^^.

And I don't get the hullabaloo over 32-bit? no issue with using jbridge or Blue-Cat Patchwork ova here, so I'm good haha :lol:

Will there be 12db/24db filter slopes or are they just one type?

fdigl wrote:Will there be 12db/24db filter slopes or are they just one type?
Just like in the Virus, The filters are 12db slope, however if you switch the filter routing from Serial 4 to Serial 6, the first filter will become 24db slope, and if you link the cutoffs, the second filter will follow the first cutoff so you can have a 36db slope filter too 8)

Return to “Instruments”