RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Here is my latest video in case anyone missed it from my thread, I forgot to post it here too :oops:

Here is a little example of a synthesized cello layered with a lush pad, that is sidechained at times for a more dynamic, rythmic feel. I used both a violin and cello wavetable and modulated to the pitch and volume around 7hz using a lfo, which is the traditional range of the vibrato for a cello. I also have the wavetable itself tied to a lfo to scan through the wavetable to add the extra harmonic movement that is realistic of a cello. Furthermore, i layered it with a lush pad with semi high res and applied a sidechain gate to it. In the video I am tweaking the macros and filter settings throughout the layer, as well the dry/wet of the sidechain on the pad. Hope you guys like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuyNLfO ... e=youtu.be
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

1.04 Update works just perfect. :tu:
The average bored guy

@Paraware: finally an update (version 1.0.4.2 - 64-bit VSTi Windows) including sustain pedal support! just one word: PERFECT! :)

Thank you very much, now I'll can use it (without CC64Emulator).
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

I thought I would post this also in here since I've only gotten 8 plays on the video after spending many days on it :? All is most well though :D

Here is a segment of one of the song demo's I'm working on. Truth be told, I'm having so much fun and productivity with rapid, I'm currently working on 7 full blown songs at the moment -- almost an entire albums worth from this soundset alone :D

It's a good showcase of a few of the basses and one of the leads, in addition there are quite a few pad and effects layered throughout the track. I hope you guys like it. I was having quite a time trying to decide if all the other bass elements are detracting from the main lead, like shown in the final minute of the track, so it took a while to realize adding more elements detracts from the main lead itself. The first minute and a half has a lot of basses going on, they second part has less basses playing since the lead is in the forefront (probably what the song will go with). I'll try to find an open spot though for those basses somewhere else in the mix. Anyone agree, disagree? I would love to hear about it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Ibo4JdAM8
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

While we are at it, maybe we can share our experiences with the factory wavetables. Are there any you guys are particularly inclined to or find yourselves using most often.

From the top of my head, the "Angry" Wavetables are excellent starters for plucky type basses, perfect for progressive or Melbourne type bass styles. The "Cracker" and "Power" Wavetables are amazing for psy sounds, though you have to play really low octaves or transpose them far down to achieve a desired psy effect. Maybe I'll make some videos showing what I mean. In the meantime, would love to hear how you guys are getting along with her :)

TTU Youtube

Aquatic Realm of Dolphins :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-HC0VfUkWE

Edit- I made a video of messing around with the wavetables I mentioned, if interested, I'm willing to share it :)

TTU Youtube

Yes, please share your video of wavetable sounds. The "Cracker" and "Power" Wavetables..
(There are so many WTs )

-----
I have installed the latest version and the balance (LR) is still inverted.
...I use RME soundcard, Cubase9, Maschine2, Bitwig, Komplete Ultimate 10, Soundtoys 5, Eventide Anthology, Roland synths.. and the balance (pan) is correct with every thing.. just not Rapid. wtf..
- WonderEcho -

Okay, will do. I had a listen and didn't really like the video so I redid it. I'm converting it now for youtube and will share in a bit. It's really basic though but should demonstrate well enough to what I was referring to :)

TTU Youtube

Here you go :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4XBsM ... e=youtu.be

Again, its really quick, and unedited :wink:

TTU Youtube

I wish the RAPID demo included more of the wavetables and the possibility of more than two layers. I would really love to fully test this out for myself.

Computer Music rate Rapid at 9 out of 10 in their new issue (242), not many synths get a three page review in that mag :)

8 synths in one, makes me think about Lush 101 ?

Why not 10 out of 10?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Why not 10 out of 10?
I didn't read their review, but maybe it's because it can't import wavetables yet?

Perhaps yes.

Btw, I don't mean that they should have given it 10 (though I really love the synth) but curious what exactly they disciked aboout it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Why not 10 out of 10?
Summing up they list these points against it:
-No modulation between layers
-A few minor interface quirks
-Online manual isn't finished

Return to “Instruments”