RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

phreaque wrote:
parawave wrote:What's New in RAPID 1.5 ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXSsR1geZmo

If you missed a feature, here's an overview of the most important changes plus a few cool sound demonstrations. Have fun watching : )
Really good choice for the narrator. I salute you guys :tu:
Same here, a really nice video !
The quality of this synth is so high.
Best
YY

Very nice video! Thanks for the update and quick bug fixes.
This is one of the best synths out there, but it seems to me, that it is somehow underrated.
Maybe it was the close release date with another big synth (which is way more popular now) or maybe it was the not so attractive first skin?
What is strange to me, is the lack of endorsement or third party presets from big name sound designers, like other synths have. Most of Rapids factory presets and XT's are from one sound designer (awesome presets by the way).
Anyway, it is one of the best high quality synths, highly recommended. :tu:
Last edited by anoise on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

anoise wrote: What is strange to me, is the lack of endorsement or third party presets from big name sound designers, like other synths have. Most of Rapids factory presets and XT's are from one sound designer (awesome presets by the way).
Indeed, the only third party bank I'm aware of is made by Touch The Universe. I don't have it myself but judging from the demos it must be quite good, and unlike the factory expansions it's not strictly related to commercial EDM. The factory stuff is good but a bit one-sided IMO.

There was a "first look" video from Ayin Zahev some time ago, and iirc he later said that he was planning to make a bank for Rapid but this never happened.
anoise wrote: Anyway, it is one of the best high quality synths, highly recommended. :tu:
+ many
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I tried to purchase again, and the shop still does not deduct VAT for people with a valid VAT ID number (in fact, it even doesn't have that option). I didn't already buy last Christmas because of this.

I am waiting for this to be corrected for a very long time.
Fernando (FMR)

recursive one wrote:
anoise wrote: What is strange to me, is the lack of endorsement or third party presets from big name sound designers, like other synths have. Most of Rapids factory presets and XT's are from one sound designer (awesome presets by the way).
Indeed, the only third party bank I'm aware of is made by Touch The Universe. I don't have it myself but judging from the demos it must be quite good, and unlike the factory expansions it's not strictly related to commercial EDM. The factory stuff is good but a bit one-sided IMO.

There was a "first look" video from Ayin Zahev some time ago, and iirc he later said that he was planning to make a bank for Rapid but this never happened.
anoise wrote: Anyway, it is one of the best high quality synths, highly recommended. :tu:
+ many
yeah honestly not thrilled with all the banks available but the 2 I have I really like a lot and get good use out of.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

fmr wrote:I tried to purchase again, and the shop still does not deduct VAT for people with a valid VAT ID number (in fact, it even doesn't have that option). I didn't already buy last Christmas because of this.

I sent them 2 emails yesterday about VAT .
But they didn't reply.
Rapid looks very light to the cpu compare to avenger.

Amram wrote:Rapid looks very light to the cpu compare to avenger.
The vid from touch the universe yesterday shows 80% for a "simple" patch.

MirkoVanHauten wrote:
I tried the demo yesterday.

MirkoVanHauten wrote:
And this is a complex patch with the most expensive Osc-Insert "formant shift". two other oscs are also in action, the timelag insert and a lot of modulations. In the FX-Section are also some FX like Reverb, Chamber, Balancer, EQ and the CPU? 4%!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AnhW3OrLuQ

Compare the synths, you would like to compare on the same system. Than you will get your results. ;-)

fmr wrote:I tried to purchase again, and the shop still does not deduct VAT for people with a valid VAT ID number (in fact, it even doesn't have that option). I didn't already buy last Christmas because of this.

As far as I know, a new European law entered into effect last year or 2 years ago which states that european VAT is to be collected by all sellers (including USA, although many shops in the no-tax US states don't apply this regulation) and the purchaser will then put the invoice on the quarterly income declaration and will pay less VAT (correlated with how many aquisitions were made in that quarter) at the end of the quarter. The new form of the law is pretty much neutral for any business that have properly declared income. However, if your company don't declare income...

Amram wrote:I sent them 2 emails yesterday about VAT .
But they didn't reply.
Rapid looks very light to the cpu compare to avenger.
You're not a bit impatient, are you? : )
At least give us 24 hours.
MirkoVanHauten wrote:
Of course it totally depends on the machine and how much processing is used. e.g. we didn't do a big quality compromise in regards of our Reverb. So it uses a bit more CPU but doesn't sound metallic. So don't use it on every layer.
Pro-Tip: Use layer 8 as dedicated FX Layer and route the output via Send-FX. Then use only one shared reverb for all layers.
Pro-Tip-2: Don't use 8x Unison on every oscillator if 3x is good enough.
Last edited by parawave on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sircuit wrote: As far as I know, a new European law entered into effect last year or 2 years ago which states that european VAT is to be collected by all sellers (including USA, although many shops in the no-tax US states don't apply this regulation) and the purchaser will then put the invoice on the quarterly income declaration and will pay less VAT (correlated with how many aquisitions were made in that quarter) at the end of the quarter. The new form of the law is pretty much neutral for any business that have properly declared income. However, if your company don't declare income...
You aren't well informed. We can't include foreign invoices in quarterly declarations. We would have to go through an intra-comunitary refund of VAT, a process that is extremely complicated and cumbersome.

And I can't see how would we get a VAT refund from a US based company ???

I'd like to see your sources :roll:

Anyway, the law regarding VAT charging for registered VAT persons didn't change. That's why the vast majority of sites (including Steinberg and Native Instruments, to give you just two examples of BIG names) don't charge VAT in these cases.
Last edited by fmr on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Guys, I'm on the road so I can't get to in depth, but completely disregard the CPU read out from the videos. The screen recorder I used more than doubled the CPU usage in the synth. Don't know how or why and can't test further for the time being. Rapid is an extraordinary light CPU synth pretty gnarly if pushed heavily.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

25% off is not much to be honest....still way too expensive....lets wait for black friday deal...

deejay2 wrote:25% off is not much to be honest....still way too expensive....lets wait for black friday deal...

pfftt for this synth that is not "way too expensive", I seriously doubt black friday will be much different. Go grab synth 1 or something, it's free.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”