Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Maybe :-) I hardly remember the hardware, it was like 30+ years ago, to me the PG8X sounds better than any memory I have of the hardware :wink:

Auditive memory is an extremely fickle thing that you cannot rely upon. Especially in light of something that is completely free, the bias meter is off the charts! ;)

EvilDragon wrote:Auditive memory is an extremely fickle thing that you cannot rely upon. Especially in light of something that is completely free, the bias meter is off the charts! ;)
To something that's free, the PG8X is superb. I've been using it to replace my MKS-30 (because I can pretty much replicate the sounds of one in the other).

Of course, being able to have something from Roland that sounds "closer" would be wonderful. But I will not trash the PG8X, since it will still be probably much lighter.
Fernando (FMR)

I'm not trashing PG8X - I did say it's cool :)

EvilDragon wrote:I'm not trashing PG8X - I did say it's cool :)
I know :)
Fernando (FMR)

I've had a free Roland Cloud account for almost a year now (won it in one of their Facebook contests)... and I've barely even used anything in its entire inventory. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:I've had a free Roland Cloud account for almost a year now (won it in one of their Facebook contests)... and I've barely even used anything in its entire inventory. :(
I could use a lot!! :hihi:

Can I help you use something!! :help: :pray:

Why not?

surreal wrote:I could use a lot!! :hihi:

Can I help you use something!! :help: :pray:
Heheh!
fluffy_little_something wrote:Why not?
Honestly, I don't know. I only ever really wanted the Juno 106 and Jupiter 8, and while some of the other content is kind of cool, I just don't ever find myself reaching for it outside of my myriad of other plugins.

I had the paid subscription for 5-6 months before I won the contest, so I might sign back up once my subscription stops being free just so I can score at least one of them as permanent plugins. The subscription model does irritate me, truthfully.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yes, a lot of people don't seem to like subscription models.

The only problem I have with the PG8X is that, after awhile, vintage analog starts to all sound the same. Even though the character of each synth is different, it all starts to sound same-ish after awhile. For me personally, u-he Diva covers everything I could ask for when it comes to old-school analog synths.

It's really the JD990, 'vintage digital' and really the other stuff besides Junos and Jupiter's that I'm interested. Beyond my own tastes, it's that sort of stuff that you very rarely ever see other than sample packs of varying quality. Junos, Jupiters, Minomoogs, etc on the other hand seem to have a new soft-synth every week haha.

I was thinking of this but then looked at the UK prices - it seems for the subscription amount for a year I could buy both the SH2 and 100, rather than just get one for "free". I think the only thing that isn't available to buy that I'm interested in is the Jupiter 8.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

SOmething strange I noticed on the jupiter 8 plugout .
When set into 'optimize for lower cpu mode ' , the resonance seems to be more pronounced .

On the other plugins , system 8 , juno .. the lower cpu setting only affects the filter when set into self oscillation ( you get a bit of aliasing
in low mode ) , but the resoance peak stays the same regardless cpu mode .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

ChamomileShark wrote:I was thinking of this but then looked at the UK prices - it seems for the subscription amount for a year I could buy both the SH2 and 100, rather than just get one for "free".
Yes, but they are old versions that are no longer updated, and don't have the gui updates of the newer versions on the Cloud.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, a lot of people don't seem to like subscription models.
Considering how much stuff Roland adds to the Roland Cloud, a lot more seem to be actually fine with the subscription model.

Return to “Instruments”