Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

gentleclockdivider wrote:Yes the the jd990 is highly regarded because of it's superior filter , (mono )osc sync and audio quality .
But since Roland sold the jv 1080vst as a disguised xv5080 ( better filters + soundrom etcc ) ,what makes you think they would stick to the original jd 990 in terms of modelling ?
I think the idea it would likely be a "JD800" plugin, but with the JD990 engine (which is compatible, but superior to the JD800 in many ways).

RobGee wrote:The controls aren’t even the same (hardware controls were pulse width and pwm depth)
Yes, because u-he wanted to have identical parameterization across all waveforms. So both have two modifiers, instead of some just having one, and both modifieres can be modulated separately, which wasn't the case on JP.

It's also likely that parameter ranges were extended compared to JP, so any direct comparisons would need a bit more attention.

hi beely, i wanted to ask if you got further in converting patches for the jv1080? :)
i still hope the jv1080 can be used like the xv5080 and all presets played too. thanks
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It can't be used in exactly the same way because the plugin is not multitimbral and doesn't have all the effects XV-5080 has.

Caine123 wrote:hi beely, i wanted to ask if you got further in converting patches for the jv1080? :)
i still hope the jv1080 can be used like the xv5080 and all presets played too. thanks
I haven't forgotten it, I just haven't been able to get back to it just yet.

It was a little "fit in" project that took more time that I expected due to figuring out undocumented format stuff and the FX parameter conversion stuff, and as a result, I had to leave it for a while to do other more important things I had put aside to fit it in (and Feb/early March is very busy for me for other reasons).

I hope to get back to it over the next week or two to finish it off. Sorry about the delay - I'm keen to get it done as well...

beely wrote:
Caine123 wrote:hi beely, i wanted to ask if you got further in converting patches for the jv1080? :)
I haven't forgotten it, I just haven't been able to get back to it just yet.

It was a little "fit in" project that took more time that I expected due to figuring out undocumented format stuff and the FX parameter conversion stuff, and as a result, I had to leave it for a while to do other more important things I had put aside to fit it in (and Feb/early March is very busy for me for other reasons).

I hope to get back to it over the next week or two to finish it off. Sorry about the delay - I'm keen to get it done as well...
thx beely, you dont have to be sorry at all, i appreciate all the efforts!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

808 is available now

Yup

Roland just got one more subscriber (sorry guys, I don’t like the subscription model but the last few plugs have been realy good.....)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I wanna jd990 :d

Caine123 wrote:I wanna jd990 :d
Have you tried the 1993 sample set, pretty nice for now....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
Caine123 wrote:I wanna jd990 :d
Have you tried the 1993 sample set, pretty nice for now....
Yeah def! But i wanna use the sounds with its synth cause the sample player would be too expensive

Anyone tried the 808? does it has individual outs?
dedication to flying

It has individual outs if needed. I never used or owned the hardware, but to me this sounds great. Compared to D16 Nepheton - which I liked a lot - and the difference is huge. Not as tweakable tho, but I don't mind, sounds really good.

rod_zero wrote:Anyone tried the 808? does it has individual outs?
In Logic at least, it has both a stereo, and a multi-output version.

was never a fan drum machines, cause i use from daw my piano roll. but nice indeed

Return to “Instruments”