Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Revolution Revolution-606

mholloway wrote:How do you disable / bypass the sequencer altogether?

I just want to trigger the samples via my controller keyboard and record the MIDI into my host, Ableton.

The presets load with built-in sequences, and I don't want to have to clear them manually every time I load a preset, just so I can play / record via my host.

thanks,
-Michael
Hi Michael,

In regards to bypassing Revolution's sequencer and instead recording MIDI or drawing in MIDI notes directly in your DAW's sequencer to trigger the drums - In this example you don't actually have to clear any patterns, since the sequencer will not be triggered (as you won't be pressing the play button). You can simply just leave the patterns loaded and trigger Revolution's individual drum machines / drum sounds via MIDI. Using Revolution in this mode I would recommend turning off both 'Host Sync' (located to the left of Revolution's 'play' button and 'MIDI Select' (located at the top right of the Revolution interface)

In this mode simply don't press Revolution's 'play' button, ad instead trigger the individual sounds via MIDI.

If you do want to clear patterns, you can go to the main 'SEQ' page in Revolution, and at the bottom of this page (underneath the 'Perc 2' sequencer lane, press the 'X' icon. This will clear the entire pattern in one click :)
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Is it correct that only the processed drum kits have sequences loaded with them? The other 4 categories have no sequences by default.
Yes, this is correct.

The processed drum kits are full kits with processing, sequences and effects.

The other kits do not include patterns, as these kits are provided to allow easy access of certain drum machine layouts (for example all 808 modules). These are like templates and we thought it best to keep these process / sequence pattern free to allow you to load a template and create your own sounds :D

Having said this, if you navigate to the main 'SEQ' page and now click the 'Library' button below the sequencer. You now have access to over 1000 preset sequencer patterns - you can of course load these into any preset and easy switch to new patterns very quickly :)

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Hi Guys,

We have been working hard to create a 'single module' version of Revolution, which so many of you have asked for. This is now almost 100% complete, and you can see a screenshot of how this is looking below:

We decided to include an optional 'pitch' mode on this module too. When enabled this allows you to play the selected drum over a 4 octave range of pitch over your keyboard :)

We have also created a 'LE' (or light) version of Revolution, which includes all of the 14 drum channels, but minus the master effects and sequencers. This cuts down CPU by a nice amount and is great for those who want all drums but don't want to use Revolution's on boards sequencers kfhkh

Looking good! Is it a single module from which you can load any drum? Or are there different modules for tu different types of drums? And is the drum selector control automatable and therefor controllable from something like Maschine using a knob?
Thanks!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Looking good! Is it a single module from which you can load any drum? Or are there different modules for tu different types of drums? And is the drum selector control automatable and therefor controllable from something like Maschine using a knob?
Thanks!
Yes, the single module can load any of Revolution's 'drum machines' :D

The drum selector is unfortunately not automatable because it uses dynamic loading and purging of samples. Automatic selection via a knob would not be possible and would keep all samples loaded in RAM for each module - this would require many GB of ram to be used.

We are however looking at adding an 'options' menu to the main version of Revolution, which does allow this (at the expense of extra RAM being used)

Will these be included in Revolution or separate products?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:Will these be included in Revolution or separate products?
These will be included in Revolution, and of course the update will be totally free to those who already own Revolution :D

wave alchemy wrote:We have been working hard to create a 'single module' version of Revolution, which so many of you have asked for. This is now almost 100% complete, and you can see a screenshot of how this is looking below:

YES!! thanks so much for including the Shaper/EQ/etc on the individual module version, i use these on so many sounds and feel that they're very important to getting the most out of this thing. was pretty worried about this, as originally Matt had stated that he wanted to keep it very minimal. thrilled to see that this feature is included.

the "LE" version looks very nice as well, great job!

jbuonacc wrote: YES!! thanks so much for including the Shaper/EQ/etc on the individual module version, i use these on so many sounds and feel that they're very important to getting the most out of this thing. was pretty worried about this, as originally Matt had stated that he wanted to keep it very minimal. thrilled to see that this feature is included.

the "LE" version looks very nice as well, great job!
You're welcome! :D

We decided that it'd be a great idea to include the shaper FX / INS FX on the module, as the extra tone shaping does indeed allow for much more creativity.

We are going to be creating push 2 templates / racks for the modules also :tu:

Maschine sounds would be cool too. Ie. the different drum modules saved as Maschine sounds for easily building kits.

And yeah it's cool that the effects are included. Those don't use cpu when not on right?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Maschine sounds would be cool too. Ie. the different drum modules saved as Maschine sounds for easily building kits.

And yeah it's cool that the effects are included. Those don't use cpu when not on right?
We will certainly be providing Maschine templates for the module version too!

This is correct, the FX take up no CPU when turned off :)

Is update coming? LE version would be very useful for using with push 2.

Nipogadzauba wrote:Is update coming? LE version would be very useful for using with push 2.
Yes, both the Module and LE version of Revolution are coming very soon. We are just in the process of finalizing these and putting the finishing touches to the Live / Push compatibility :D

It won't be long now until these are released. They will be available for free to those who already own Revolution :tu:

Thank you Wave Alchemy for this gem and for your interest in feedback! Been waiting for something like this for a long time! :clap:
I have a very very way more basic question about the step sequencer: I'd like to implement Revolution in my live sets with Ableton Live, and I like the step sequencer. What's the difference in using MIDI region from DAW that send MIDI message to Revolution (which plays), and using the step sequencer? And in terms of syncing with the global project?

I'd like to use drum pads (I was thinkin bout Roland SPD), can I still use them with the step sequencer in any way? The pads should be switching from an instrument to another (alternating between playing drum samples like yours and generic audio samples).

Torn!

This sounds sooooo good, but do I really need it?

Return to “Instruments”