Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

gjvti wrote:
I would also wish to have an option to save arpeggiator and effect settings so they can be reused when programming other patches currently there is only copy/paste, what is not quite useful to me.
In VST mode you can send MIDI out to another MIDI track in the DAW and record the MIDI sequence there, and save it as a MIDI file. You can also import MIDI files into the arpeggiator.

* Feature request: I agree that it would also be nice to be able to save arp presets within the plugin. :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

gjvti wrote:
braj wrote:Feature request: I love the very flexible arp in Synthmaster One, but would it be possible to make the Arp mode polyphonic and add a 4th and or 5th key slot? This would allow much more complex arpeggiations. And I know 32 steps may be a bit much, but I'd love them too.

Thinking about it more, I can understand if this is impossible given the way you can switch between arp modes in the current design, so no big deal if my request isn't realistic 8)
If we talk about sequencer I would be happy if Bulent finds time to iron some (what I would call them) bugs first:

1) on my laptop (1280x800 screen) when programming arpeggiator only 7 from 8 steps are displayed and as window follows current step it is pretty impossible adjusting step parameters live for basic 8 step pattern (when arpeggiator/sequencer is running) as arpeggiator steps window constantly is jumping back and forth. There is also no option that window doesn't follows currents step. On desktop (1920x1080) it works fine and is usable at least with 8 and less steps, though. Perhaps it would be a good idea to reallocate arpeggiator/sequencer steps window from its current position to lower part where global settings and modulation matrix is located (when arpeggiator is active step window covers that part, otherwise it is hidden) that would allow displaying at least 16 or even more steps without scrolling.

2) It is not possible to disable or clear steps as there are only insert and delete options. If I want to make fancier rhythms the only options to play with are step length and step volume - it is kind a workaround to the problem, but I'd love to see that working appropriately - steps can be initialised/cleared (not deleted) and muted

+ while we at middle section... I would also wish to have an option to save arpeggiator and effect settings so they can be reused when programming other patches currently there is only copy/paste, what is not quite useful to me.

PS. just a side note - my priority still is any SM iOS AUv3, but apparently SM One iOS is not on the table as desktop update is postponed from November 1st to the end of November, and Bulent haven't commented does previously mentioned 'autumn' for SM One iOS was meant this year on next... Still hope and wish the best wishes for Bulent and whole Synhmaster team!
+1 to all of that. I would be great to save off preset arps.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Feature Request..I would be really helpful to be able to rescan the waveform folder instead of having to reload the plugin. Loving this synth :love:

kv331 wrote:
atya wrote: I'm on v1.0.5 and the update check just returned that it's the latest version.
http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx

It's here.
Good to know but I still can't download it even though I triple checked my email address and the original serial number that I've copied and pasted straight from the kv331 sales email. (I sent you a pm with the data).
All I get is: "Invalid serial number entered. Please double check the values."

I have no idea what's going wrong here.

Is anyone else getting sync issues when using the step waveforms to trigger LFO's. Keeps drifting in and out of time.

arrowhead samples wrote:Is anyone else getting sync issues when using the step waveforms to trigger LFO's. Keeps drifting in and out of time.
Set speed to max value when you turn on the sync button.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
arrowhead samples wrote:Is anyone else getting sync issues when using the step waveforms to trigger LFO's. Keeps drifting in and out of time.
That worked :hyper:

Cheers!

arrowhead samples wrote:
kv331 wrote:
That worked :hyper:

Cheers!
I remember SM2 does that automaticaly when you turn on the sync button. I have to implement that in SM1 as well because that's a common "issue" we are experiencing :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Any chance of getting release velocity added to the mod matrix as a source?? I'm having a good time making my own wavetables for this thing.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Any chance of getting release velocity added to the mod matrix as a source?? I'm having a good time making my own wavetables for this thing.
but we don't have a release velocity parameter?
Works at KV331 Audio

zzz00m wrote:
In VST mode you can send MIDI out to another MIDI track in the DAW and record the MIDI sequence there, and save it as a MIDI file. You can also import MIDI files into the arpeggiator.
Could someone describe step by step how to do this in Reaper.. :help:

I just found out about Synthmaster One. Looks great and affordable. I’m tempted to get it.

kv331 wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:Any chance of getting release velocity added to the mod matrix as a source?? I'm having a good time making my own wavetables for this thing.
but we don't have a release velocity parameter?
You would be able to make any parameter a "release velocity parameter" via the mod matrix.

I'll never get why this part of the midi spec has been essentially thrown away. It makes for extremely expressive playing and I honestly don't see the advantage of using a note on with a velocity of zero rather than a note off message. I know most manufacturers of controllers would leave this out as a cost cutting measure, but I'd still like to see it included as a possibility in more synths and daw editors.

It also makes otherwise simple scripting and coding tasks over complicated as you have to be on the lookout for a note on with a velocity of zero or a note off message with any velocity values and in some cases these will appear as the exact same thing in a midi monitor even though they are not.

Anyway, as one of the few companies with a decent MPE implementation, release velocity would be a good thing to have in the mod matrix as a source. Or am I blind and it's in there already?

Windows 10 and too many plugins

When a note ends the keyboard, sequencer, etc sends a message telling to end. Most of them nowadays just send a note on message at the same note number with a velocity of zero. The "proper way to do it is to send a note off message. This message contains a note number, channel, and velocity. Having this option available allows you to do things like change release length depending on the way you remove your fingers from the keys. Or to trigger a bunch of delay when the keys are released at a faster speed, or to have a slight pitch drop off at the end of an accented note. It adds an entire extra level of complexity to live playing and the little spaces between notes.

JJ

Return to “Instruments”