Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

That's what i thought too. Fundamental -> harmonics. Like displayed in the picture: https://macprovid.vo.llnwd.net/o43/hub/ ... Series.png

Actually there isn't just one and the only correct definition here. For example, people who work on valve amps frequently talk about even/odd order harmonics, and their terminology defines the 2nd harmonic to be the first one after the fundamental, i.e sin(2x).
~stratum~

stratum wrote:There is also the word 'partial' and they all mean the same thing, and for some reason the fundamental is distinguished and that depends on to whom you ask https://ask.audio/articles/synthesis-su ... s-partials
Well, since we are all being "technical", harmonics are partials, but partials MAY NOT BE harmonics.
Harmonics are overtones whose frequecy is an exact multiple of the fundamental (eg. the second harmonic is 2 x the fundamental, the third is 3 x the fundamental, and so on). So, I guess we can call the fundamental an harmonic, since it is the 1 x fundamental, even if it seems a bit redundant.

However, sounds many times (usually) have partials that are NOT exact multiples of the fundamental (those are called inharmonic partials). So, again technically, I think that partials or overtones are better names, while harmonics should be reserved for... harmonic partials.
Last edited by fmr on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I took a spectrum of the sine wave of SM One:
sine.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:I took a spectrum of the sine wave of SM One:
sine.png
Same result over here. The sine is fine :tu:

How do I get the cross grade price as a Synthmaster user. I can't see it on the website.

Can you see it on the synth? On the Browse tab, bottom left-hand side.

jacqueslacouth wrote:How do I get the cross grade price as a Synthmaster user. I can't see it on the website.
It's time for me to put it on the website :D

Here's the link:

http://www.synthmaster.com/purchaseprod ... SSGRADESM2
Works at KV331 Audio

Any news?

nicksohn wrote:Any news?
I'm hoping to release v1.0.2 on the week of March 20. We're gonna update the user manual, fix some stuff, also add 50 new hardstyle factory presets! If time permits I will create a 80 or 90% scaled GUI as well.

Cheers
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
I'm hoping to release v1.0.2 on the week of March 20. We're gonna update the user manual, fix some stuff, also add 50 new hardstyle factory presets! If time permits I will create a 80 or 90% scaled GUI as well.

Cheers
:tu:

+1 :tu:

kv331 wrote:
If time permits I will create a 80 or 90% scaled GUI as well.
When I first read this I thought you were going to say that you were planning to create 80s and 90s style presets! An 80s bank would be awesome.

kv331 wrote:

Cheers
Good to know. I still feel that volume of programs are very uneven - some goes up to red some barely rise. Understandably not to change at this stage, but maybe with the next product you give some indications to preset developers what volume fluctuation is acceptable - Peak/RMS range at defined midi velocity range. Any indication when iphone AU version may appear?

Very nice synth. I like it's simplicity and sound quality. Also the large amount of very nice factory presets. Makes me wish Synthmaster was made with the same GUI (expanded of course).

I am on a large screen and so I'd like to have a 125% and 150%. I have my u-he synths at 180% and it's great. So perhaps with the 80/90% you could do a larger one? My monitor is a 30" 2560x1600.

Return to “Instruments”