Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

fluffy_little_something wrote:They are from the UK, so it might still be like 99 pounds, which is 130 dollars or so :wink:

v1 was already pretty affordable for what it offered, especially compared to others such as U-NO-LX or Sylenth1.

Well, let's wait and see... :)
And version one, as he pointed out, took 6 weeks to make.

No way this synth is that cheap. Dollars to donuts it's nowhere near 99 pounds

agreed

It wouldn't surprise me if it came in at under £100. I have a feeling SA will price it competitively to sell, rather than for comparative quality.

$49 upgrade from ANA 1
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

sugo wrote:$49 upgrade from ANA 1

sweet :D

Where did you get that figure?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
Where did you get that figure?
He made it up

Hi Phil:

You forgot me :( - I'm still waiting for my licenses
Fernando (FMR)

db3 wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if it came in at under £100. I have a feeling SA will price it competitively to sell, rather than for comparative quality.
Competitive or not, this isn't a hundred dollar synth. And I get that pounds to dollars is a stupidly ridiculous difference, but even at 100 pounds, that's still $129 US, which I think would be a steal for this synth given what it is capable of doing. Again, I'm just going by the specs. It's equally up there with Dune 2, Spire, Sylenth1 and others in the $150 and up range.

Ultimately we're sure gonna find out who's right.

My money is on me unless Phil is one very generous and charitable soul.

It was only a wish :clown: I know nothing :roll:

Will it be cheaper to buy v1 now and upgrade later or to wait and buy v2?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Will it be cheaper to buy v1 now and upgrade later or to wait and buy v2?
Well, let's do some math.

Right now, ANA at the site is about $65. The price is actually marked in dollars.

Let's say I'm right and the upgrade cost is somewhere between $79 and $99.

That would put the cost of ANA 2 for those upgrading between $144 and $164

If, in fact the synth is somewhere in the $149 to $169 range, my guess would be that you'll save about $5 if you buy ANA 1 and upgrade.

wagtunes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Will it be cheaper to buy v1 now and upgrade later or to wait and buy v2?

Right now, ANA at the site is about $65. The price is actually marked in dollars.

If, in fact the synth is somewhere in the $149 to $169 range, my guess would be that you'll save about $5 if you buy ANA 1 and upgrade.
So that would be a reason to set the upgrade price lower than $79 8)
But anyway, its worth to pay a fair price for that good work. I am glad to test the beta and love the sound and the possibilities. But i also love Dmitrys Thorn. So i hope there will be a good intro price, to take both.
Last edited by sugo on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sugo wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

So that would be a reason to set the upgrade price less than $79 8)
Or, would pretty much guarantee that the cost of ANA 2 is going to be a lot higher than people think.

At $169, even with a $79 upgrade cost, at $65 for ANA 1, that's about a $25 savings on getting ANA 2.

I can't reasonably think that you're going to save more than $25 to $35 upgrading over just getting ANA 2 by itself. Especially given how much more is in ANA 2 than ANA 1 and how greatly improved the sound quality is.

Either way, this is not going to be a cheap synth. Anybody who thinks it is, is in for a huge disappointment.

whats the average of ana 2 from other wavetable synths

Return to “Instruments”