Timewarp 2600 / Sonivox question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to clarify, I was polite all the way through, I'd never tell a dev to go F themselves, I just thought it ;) No point in burning bridges, ever, in such a small niche community. I basically just gave up at one point and cut my losses.
Eternitysound VST Banks

nusound mind wrote:Hmm all this talk is giving me pause. At that price though i was/am seriously considering picking this up, it seems to be a generally well regarded vst from what i gather & I was impressed with the sound in a few youtube videos I could find, is the vst itself stable?
Yes its working well.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

elipsis1 wrote:I see that Timewarp 2600 is now $99

When I go to buy I have to pick either PC or MAC, does anyone know if you get both installers after purchasing?

I have PC and Mac systems and want to use it on both...

Thanks
Yes and you can install on four computers per license.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

egbert101 wrote:Considering it's so close to abandonware, the C/R kills it for me. If I can be sure I can transfer it to another PC in future, with serial, I would have bought it for £35.99. Oh well. Still have Arturia.
C/R isnt a problem we can move this at any time for you and have no plans to discontinue the title.
We are currently working on a refresh of this and its sister product kikaxxe.

It is only at this price for a limited time to celebrate PIB's 5th Birthday something they are supporting.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Are there websites with patches, which could be loaded into Timewarp?

nusound mind wrote:I had that freeware arppe2600 but it was causing problems with my cpu so I had to uninstall/remove it completely, so that's initially how i gained interest in the software emulations of this synth. I've never used an original or anything, but based on the freeware version I really like the variety & insanity of tweakage it has. Had to be careful with it actually, lol.
I would say it is a nice synth, especially for the aficionados of that excellent classic machine.

But the interface is not going to blow anybody away these days, it looks very 2005'ish. And rather small on new hi res screens.

It is too bad that users can't demo it.

sbangs_air wrote:
egbert101 wrote:Considering it's so close to abandonware, the C/R kills it for me. If I can be sure I can transfer it to another PC in future, with serial, I would have bought it for £35.99. Oh well. Still have Arturia.
C/R isnt a problem we can move this at any time for you and have no plans to discontinue the title.
We are currently working on a refresh of this and its sister product kikaxxe.
Good - it's crashing in NI Kore 2 which although old was actually a host it was originally working well in, NI even made a built in template for it.

sbangs_air wrote:
Yes its working well.
Alright, good to know.

numanoid - ty also, small gui may be a deal breaker for me, have 1072-768 res. or whatever it is. Lot of older vst's appear near microscopic which is bit of nuisance to deal with, although can always use the windows magnifying glass option as i do with ohmboyz for example if i really need to, though i'd prefer to have larger interface without resorting to such measures.

from another post I just made before seeing this thread
"I just bought the TimewARP on special but unfortunately I am unable to register it. The process is easy to follow and finishes with copying a code into a field and then clicking OK. Then.... nothing. This is in Reaper, Tracktion and FL Studio.

I have emailed their support but that might take a while so in the meantime - any ideas?"

sbangs_air wrote: We are currently working on a refresh of this and its sister product kikaxxe.
Wow!
I'll have to dig up my old invoice for KickAxxe.
I haven't been able to use Kikaxxe for ages, but I remember it being great fun to use.

Leichenschmaus wrote:Are there websites with patches, which could be loaded into Timewarp?
There are some free and premium expansions available from 3rd parties :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Numanoid wrote: It is too bad that users can't demo it.
for sure it is - I bought it for nostalgia reasons on this sale but it will not register on my machine - does not connect to the net at all by the looks of things. Simon got back to me fairly quickly with a proposed solution but that does not work either. I appreciate his quick response but not really that interested in spending a few hours getting a software plugin to work. Hopefully a quick and easy solution or refund happens soon.

woggle wrote:
for sure it is - I bought it for nostalgia reasons on this sale but it will not register on my machine - does not connect to the net at all by the looks of things. Simon got back to me fairly quickly with a proposed solution but that does not work either. I appreciate his quick response but not really that interested in spending a few hours getting a software plugin to work. Hopefully a quick and easy solution or refund happens soon.
Something similar happened to me. I got it to register(finally), then every time I tried to load the plugin it would crash my DAW or my entire system. After over a week of trying to communicate with Sonivox I decided on a refund. Even at $39 I can't bring myself to try it again. I do give Simon some credit for trying, but overall Sonivox has terrible customer service.

bobhva wrote:
woggle wrote:
Something similar happened to me. I got it to register(finally), then every time I tried to load the plugin it would crash my DAW or my entire system. After over a week of trying to communicate with Sonivox I decided on a refund. Even at $39 I can't bring myself to try it again. I do give Simon some credit for trying, but overall Sonivox has terrible customer service.
thanks, yeah I am thinking the refund route - I really hate stuff that doesn't work or is unreliable.

If Sonivox - as mentioned here - really are considering working on updating the 2600 then it's worth a punt IMO.
It is pretty unstable though but has some nice interesting sounds... I guess it's wait and see if Sonivox keep their word.

Return to “Instruments”