One Synth Challenge #96: Nabla by Full Bucket (Voting Over)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nabla

Congratulations to Taron! :tu:

and also to J.Ruegg, rghvdberg and BobFish! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am happy to reaced the fourth place in this strong field! Again my special thanx to FullBucket for this great synth.

I take no prize, thanx.
Spotify and Co is OK for me.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Aww, ... tough competition! This is how I like it. :tu:
Congrats to the winners!

Wow !
Thank you all for your votes, and comments !!!
Congratulations to Taron, J.Ruegg, rghvdberg and Photonic !

I'll take Modelonia v2 as my prize.

Spotify is ok

Taron wrote: Just don't let it corrupt you, hehehe! ;)
but but but .. I like wubz ... ;-)

for the record: don't think I did was really wubz. I'll try better next time :ud:

Oh no, you wubzed like a master! :tu:

Congratz top five :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: Well done :) :phones:

Congrat to the winner Taron, J.Ruegg, rghvdberg, photonic and BobFish :clap:

And big thanks to all other: great sounds, great tracks. 8)
And also: a very great thx to Full Bucket/Björn for his time and motivations to make such great and free synth! :tu:

Have a great weekend :)
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

Congrats to the top 5 :clap: - strong competition this time with a great synth :tu: . I made my usual half way position (again!).

Cheers,

Rob.

PS The winners were my top picks too!

Hi all,

Apologies for being a little absent, sometimes life just gets in the way.

Congrats to the winners, and of course everyone who turned out a track. Lots of great work and some genuinely fresh stuff in there this time too. Great listening.

Thx as well to FullBucket for this great little VSTi. Quite the drum (...and axe) machine as many have proven :tu:

@Taron You killed it mate. Mix, structure and sound design were first rate. props.

:oops: Thanks, H-man! :hug:
Nabla is a little pearl! :tu:

Congrats to the winners! :tu:
A lot of top quality songs and tough competition. I'm really satisfied with my position.

Thanks bjporter for your effort to keep this contest going on!

Btw: What's with that spotify thing? I think i missed something. :?:
Failure is success in progress.

Congrats to the winners! :clap: Thanks to everybody who participated in this challenge, for the great tracks you composed, and for the amazing sounds you all created! Another "Thanks!" for the nice words about Nabla - I think the biggest part goes the engineers of the 70s that created instruments like and in particular the Delta. :hail:

Cheers, Björn

I made a comment about this
https://soundcloud.com/deep-theory/phac ... he-nabla-1

which seemed to result in phace posting the project file for me to take a look at.

Immediately I saw something amazing - nearly all of these sounds are the result of automation of a single patch!

Normally, the first thing to do would be to separate them all out so that you can handle the sub, bass, mid and highs separately.

A dedicated sub sine and dedicated kick are very important for an easy, clean mix.

Here it turns out there was plenty of sub information. I was able to compress, saturate, and equalize the track (including dynamic eq for consistency) to where it filled the spectrum reasonably well, as it is.

Then I added a dedicated kick and sidechained the track to it, using one of the most transparent settings I've come up with. The track is offset somehow, but rather than troubleshoot that I used a channel time delayer to carefully place the kick.

Originals are always the best, and this is just how I would get it ready for live use.

Brace yourselves! :party:
https://soundcloud.com/574x/phace-eric- ... x-club-mix
Phace - Eric Dreamt Of The Nabla [574X Club Mix]_3.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”