Reaktor Blocks vs. Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To me Softube Modular is the best sounding Vst-i out there and is in no way a toy, Reaktor probably the most flexible so you can't really compare the two.
Softube Modular is as close to Techno heaven you can get in software imo.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I can read the warning. The text is Green, not red. Would like to own it but will not buy anything more with iLok protection.

dentnile wrote:I can read the warning. The text is Green, not red. Would like to own it but will not buy anything more with iLok protection.
LMAO. I'm red/green color blind.

dentnile wrote:I can read the warning. The text is Green, not red. Would like to own it but will not buy anything more with iLok protection.
I just changed it. My wife tells me it's now red.

I understand about the iLok thing. A lot of people don't like iLok stuff.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Well, I've actually decided to finally upgrade to Reaktor 6.

I figure for $99, between blocks and all the additional user ensembles, it's worth it. I may not be able to dive into Core (I just don't have the brain for it) but I still think I can get a lot out of Reaktor 6 if for no other reason than all the work that others have put into creating some really great sounding ensembles.

Will probably be doing this sometime this week.

egbert101 wrote:
Cinebient wrote: I demoed Reaktor and Softube and of course they are more open but i find the sound from P900 just much better if you like to have a modular set-up with some limitations and maybe not so a wide range of sounds.
But as a Seaboard owner i find that the softube free MPE module looks very interesting.
Still......P900 all the way.....if you like that juicy vintage Moog sound (of course it can do more).
People get carried away with the term 'modular' but forget about the sound and authenticity. From what I've heard of the Pulsar 900, it sounds very authentically Moogish. That's all I'm interested in.

I know Reactor now has a few minimoog (Monark) blocks, and that's wonderful, but it's not what I want. There was supposed to be a massive set of authentically produced blocks called System 63 by Mike Romans for Reaktor, which seems to be eternally (years) in Beta and has never been publically released. Such a shame, because I may have dropped the cash if it were.
I must say that i hadn´t the time of course to dive very deep into Reaktor or Softube and of course there are some demo limitations etc. But yes, P900 is what i was searching for my notebook since Moog released the Model 15 app.
The P900 is for me mainly a kind of extended Model 15 with the more juicy filters of the Minimoog (but there are a few more to choose) and the latest beta has an awesome flexible sequencer and more. The promised update to 1.1. should please me finally because it will include a module i really miss. Then there is an easy switch to 4 or 8 polyphony, i love the GUI too.
Maybe it talks just to me but P900 sounds just like i want it and it does really enough to let me play for years and explore the limits of my cpu. So i don´t think i could go much further with any other modular yet with my set-up. It is not perfect but the closest for me i tryed yet for modular synthesis. It also is still new and will get updated and maybe get more modules too in the future.
But back to topic i still would choose Reaktor slightly over Softube Modular if i had to choose between these. I still could bite myself that i didn´t bought it for €99 (the full version, not the upgrade) some time ago. The community is large and there is much stuff to explore and play with. Well, next time....

Cinebient wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
Cinebient wrote: I demoed Reaktor and Softube and of course they are more open but i find the sound from P900 just much better if you like to have a modular set-up with some limitations and maybe not so a wide range of sounds.
But as a Seaboard owner i find that the softube free MPE module looks very interesting.
Still......P900 all the way.....if you like that juicy vintage Moog sound (of course it can do more).
People get carried away with the term 'modular' but forget about the sound and authenticity. From what I've heard of the Pulsar 900, it sounds very authentically Moogish. That's all I'm interested in.

I know Reactor now has a few minimoog (Monark) blocks, and that's wonderful, but it's not what I want. There was supposed to be a massive set of authentically produced blocks called System 63 by Mike Romans for Reaktor, which seems to be eternally (years) in Beta and has never been publically released. Such a shame, because I may have dropped the cash if it were.
I must say that i hadn´t the time of course to dive very deep into Reaktor or Softube and of course there are some demo limitations etc. But yes, P900 is what i was searching for my notebook since Moog released the Model 15 app.
The P900 is for me mainly a kind of extended Model 15 with the more juicy filters of the Minimoog (but there are a few more to choose) and the latest beta has an awesome flexible sequencer and more. The promised update to 1.1. should please me finally because it will include a module i really miss. Then there is an easy switch to 4 or 8 polyphony, i love the GUI too.
Maybe it talks just to me but P900 sounds just like i want it and it does really enough to let me play for years and explore the limits of my cpu. So i don´t think i could go much further with any other modular yet with my set-up. It is not perfect but the closest for me i tryed yet for modular synthesis. It also is still new and will get updated and maybe get more modules too in the future.
But back to topic i still would choose Reaktor slightly over Softube Modular if i had to choose between these. I still could bite myself that i didn´t bought it for €99 (the full version, not the upgrade) some time ago. The community is large and there is much stuff to explore and play with. Well, next time....
I'm also waiting for the P900 to come to Windows. It looks and sounds really cool.

Hope it's sometime this year.

I probably should have titled the thread 'Reaktor Blocks vs. ST Modular', instead of comparing the whole of Reaktor.
I just wondered how the blocks/modular part compared.

I've got Reaktor and am happy with it. I don't really need anything else, but am always curious about stuff.

I read somewhere that blocks are mono but there are ways to make them polyphonic?!?
Can it be used for MPE too?
I mean simple, like turning 1-2 buttons :D

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

felis wrote:I probably should have titled the thread 'Reaktor Blocks vs. ST Modular'.
:tu:

egbert101 wrote:Ehm, is Reaktor 6 still single CPU core bound too? Given its high CPU for some modules, I can see that being a problem.
Is Softube modular? afaik it's hard, if not impossible, to multicore enable a single modular plugin (the closest is something like Bazille with a relatively fixed architecture still)

I actually own both Reaktor and Softube Mod with Rubicon...and a real Modular with Rubicon and Doepfer Modules...
Let's not even talk about it please, about the Doepfer or Rubicon sound in STM...hahahahahaha.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Return to “Instruments”