Synthmaster 3 wish list

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote:I remember seeing some newer graphics a while back that might be in the works for 3.0. :)

I wonder if they are still going to be using those? It looked very nice from the examples I was able to view.
Which graphics?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
Examigan wrote:I remember seeing some newer graphics a while back that might be in the works for 3.0. :)

I wonder if they are still going to be using those? It looked very nice from the examples I was able to view.
Which graphics?
PM'ed you.

Wanna ask something - is it possible or did somebody try it - three filters in serial mode?
What sound will produce such a sequence?
From my experience i can express subjective opinion that three layers are best for 3d sound when layering and mixing - more just make noiz and blur the picture in most cases so my question is can SM3 offer some routing of more than two filters as internal layering?
I guess Mr.BB is totally annoyed with such questions all the time,but still i want to ask about new stuff all users r waiting to see :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:three filters in serial mode?
What sound will produce such a sequence?
You can always try yourself by placing three filter plugins in serial in your DAW of choice. Should work in most of them :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Agree but did any developer ever done it or it's too complex - i mean if you have three of them will be lot more easy to make great 3D sound during the design process inside the synth ,which will improve the quality of the presets for sure - i would suggest that four osc and four filters will be ultimate solution per layer,more is always better :)

Combining different filter types could have a nice effect of course, but I don't have enough knowledge in the area, so I wouldn't know. I can't recall any developer having three filters in serial though, or in parallell.

Not everyone's CPU thinks more is always better, but I agree with you! :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:Agree but did any developer ever done it or it's too complex
Most use two filters for either serial or parallel, but you should be able to do that with KarmaFX Modular.
https://karmafx.net/products

can't wait for Synthmaster 3. it can be as good as the top synths today with the right gui.
any news on when we can expect to see it?

Just a note on the UIs. Since I run Synthmaster One and 2 in Linux (using Bitwig) it's easy to see, due to the additional Windows bridge, that there was a sharp improvement in the rendering of the UI from One to 2. In One the whole UI would flicker (refresh) often whereas in 2 there's no flickering at all. The UI flickering in One does not affect the sound production at all.

Cheers.

mevla wrote:there was a sharp improvement in the rendering of the UI from One to 2. In One the whole UI would flicker (refresh) often whereas in 2 there's no flickering at all.
Not sure that I follow this. SM One has the newer UI, since it was developed after 2.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I wish that the envelopes were added by demand. You click + and this will give you a choice of what Envelope to add. Same with oscillators and filters.

Igro wrote:I wish that the envelopes were added by demand. You click + and this will give you a choice of what Envelope to add. Same with oscillators and filters.
I agree that improvements are needed to improve the workflow for adding envelopes. There is so much flexibility and many options with this feature, but that it is hardly intuitive in the current design. Probably will happen with a redesign of the modulation section, hopefully.

I have no issue with the oscillators or filters, but would willingly accept anything that makes life easier!

zzz00m wrote:
mevla wrote:there was a sharp improvement in the rendering of the UI from One to 2. In One the whole UI would flicker (refresh) often whereas in 2 there's no flickering at all.
Not sure that I follow this. SM One has the newer UI, since it was developed after 2.
Then it's not a good sign.

(BTW, I'm not very familiar with Synthmaster, got both to explore, and always thought that One was the 'ancestor' to 2.9)

mevla wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Then it's not a good sign.

(BTW, I'm not very familiar with Synthmaster, got both to explore, and always thought that One was the 'ancestor' to 2.9)
SM one is flicker free and very stable on Windows for me. You probably need to contact the developer of the Bitwig Windows bridge with the display issues in Linux. SynthMaster is supported for Win and Mac.

SM One is a fairly recent project, where the developer was testing some concepts for the upcoming version 3, like wavetables, which have since been ported over to SM 2.9.

SM One was an attempt to provide an intuitive one layer, one page, synth that was quick and easy to program. I think it was a good effort and turned out to be a great sounding synth on its own. Hopefully a workflow and GUI redesign for version 3 will take some learnings from the "One" project.
Last edited by zzz00m on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

OK, now I'm confused. :ud:

What I have is Synthmaster One as in:
synthmasterone.jpg
It is certainly flicker free on Windows/Mac. I could not imagine releasing a product with that flickering. The additional latency added by the Linux/Windows bridge exposes some aspects that are not normally seen. As such, there's no support for Linux and I fully understand that. I ran the Synthmaster One demo, saw the flickering, listened to the sounds and still decided to get it based on the sounds. I do not think of contacting Bulent about this at all. I assume 8) I just wanted to mention it since there's a drastic difference in UI behaviour between Synthmaster one and 2.9 which is very stable.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”