Synthmaster 3 wish list

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It would be cool to wish something but
here's the new SM One, and I try to figure out how is that possible
to drag and drop import a single cycle waveform to the osc. This doesn't work for me.

According to KVRAudio, this is a new feature:
"Drag-n-Drop waveform/wavetable import: Users can now import waveforms/wavetables by simply dragging and dropping WAV files into the oscillator waveform displays."

I have 'Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wav32' but didn't manage to import any of its waveforms......

dune_rave wrote:It would be cool to wish something but
here's the new SM One, and I try to figure out how is that possible
to drag and drop import a single cycle waveform to the osc. This doesn't work for me.

According to KVRAudio, this is a new feature:
"Drag-n-Drop waveform/wavetable import: Users can now import waveforms/wavetables by simply dragging and dropping WAV files into the oscillator waveform displays."

I have 'Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wav32' but didn't manage to import any of its waveforms......
Well over on the Synthmaster One thread, KV331 stated this a few days ago:

"IF your files are indeed single cycles or wavetables whose lengths are multiples of 2048 samples they WILL work.

If you are running your DAW as Administrator drag and drop does NOT work on Windows. That's a window issue."
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hm...good to know.
Oh, windows, why don't you die!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to do this with windows:
https://youtu.be/N9wsjroVlu8

Anyway, the task manager says Reaper is not run as administrator ....

But this doesn't matter at all, SM One is good as it is currently,
I just sometime like to think that if a feature is written down and advertised, that it's really working..
also on windows ....

dune_rave wrote:
Try dragging and dropping a folder that contains the WAV files. I guess there's a problem with drag-n-drop of files, but folders work.

I am going to test this issue tonight, and if necessary release a new build (wont increase the build number though)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
dune_rave wrote:
Try dragging and dropping a folder that contains the WAV files. I guess there's a problem with drag-n-drop of files, but folders work.

I am going to test this issue tonight, and if necessary release a new build (wont increase the build number though)
Drag n drop folders work fine here on Windows. Tried a folder of Serum wavetables and they ended up in the "Wavetables" sub-menu under the oscillator. Also tried a folder of Galbanum Architecture waves, which ended up in the "Waveforms" sub-menu under the oscillator. :tu:

I have been importing into synthmaster oscillators for a few years and I can tell you, it's a very specific process. It has to be of the exact size and named correctly and done in a way that is specific to the manual. It's tricky, and there is no way to delete them.

Dasheesh wrote:I have been importing into synthmaster oscillators for a few years and I can tell you, it's a very specific process. It has to be of the exact size and named correctly and done in a way that is specific to the manual. It's tricky, and there is no way to delete them.
We were discussing SynthMaster One, which was spun off the earlier discussion of adding improved import for SM2, as well as wavetables ... which appear to be on the table for SM2.9 now. :D

zzz00m wrote:
We were discussing SynthMaster One, which was spun off the earlier discussion of adding improved import for SM2, as well as wavetables ... which appear to be on the table for SM2.9 now. :D
Yes before I start restructuring the entire architecture in September, it might be a good idea to end the 2.x product line with wavetable support :D (I mean wave files that contain multicycles/wavetables). We already did it in SM1 first so can carry over the same code to SM2 with some modifications.

BTW my ETA on the final release of v3.0 is June 2018.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Fingers crossed I will be able to use wavetables made in audioterm.

Dasheesh wrote:Fingers crossed I will be able to use wavetables made in audioterm.
You can use them in SM One, so, I don't see any reason to not be able to use them in SM 3
Fernando (FMR)

kv331 wrote: BTW my ETA on the final release of v3.0 is June 2018.
You might want to do a u-he repro5 and wait until the autumn to release. Just like in the old days, when records meant anything, no one released a major album until September or October to avoid the slack summer season sales period.

Can't wait though. Should be great.

Whats with linux support?

The drag and drop of the wavetables in sm1 is brilliant.

Lets dance wrote:The drag and drop of the wavetables in sm1 is brilliant.
+1 :tu:

well, I'm sitting here in a dark room, and I cannot see the keyboard I'm playing, so an optional keyboard in the GUI would really help me out here.

Return to “Instruments”