New Roland Jupiter 8 and Juno 106 plug outs in their cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The V-Synth famous(?)Side-Band-Filters are in System-8. Variation 2.
- WonderEcho -

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
fmr wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote: removed
Well, I don't know. Both are fine instruments (as are so many other grand pianos), so, I suppose it depends what kind of music is going to be played.

But fine, do the other way, then. I think you understand my point now. One can never say (except if we want to use the hyperbolic register, to make it shocking) that the Steinway sounds ten times better than the Yamaha, or the Yamaha sounds ten times better than the Steinway. Objectively, we can't.

But we can, though, say that we prefer ten times the sound of the Steinway over the Yamaha (or the other way round), because THAT is subjective, and doesn't involve just the objective quality of the sound, but also the way we listen to it, and what kind of sound we look for.

removed

Roland System-8 - How to find Preset settings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gyKedyWu0
- WonderEcho -

The "Anthology 1990" that was announced earlier seems to be released now:
https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/4-2-ap ... ology-1990
https://www.rolandcloud.com/instruments ... ology-1990

I hoped this would be based on the JD-800 but obvíousls it includes the factory presets of the D-70.
As D-70 was released in 1990 and JD-800 in 1991 it was more or less obvious...
No real interest here in D-70 presets so i'l pass on this one.

What is annoying about those Anthology sample libraries is that Roland does not mention the original hardware synths anywhere (also not in the descriptions). They built the original synths so what is the reason for that?
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:What is annoying about those Anthology sample libraries is that Roland does not mention the original hardware synths anywhere (also not in the descriptions). They built the original synths so what is the reason for that?
Those plugins are not made by Roland, they are made by a third-party, so I'm sure it's a whole mess of business/contractural/licensing/trade dress/confusion with Roland's real products reasons...

This was first noticed with the first one, but we think a "real" D-50 plugin is coming so not confusing the market between the two different "D50" plugins seemed sensible. They are continuing in that style - it might just be a "family-style" thing, or it may be that Roland plan to actually make more "real" plugins for things like the JD etc... or some combination of both.

Somebody here (was it Ingo ?) was going to translate the plugout old factory patches to Arturia JUP-8, how is the project going ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Somebody here (was it Ingo ?) was going to translate the plugout old factory patches to Arturia JUP-8, how is the project going ?
I only translated a few patches to the Arturia plugin and now the free 30 dayss subsription is over. Also de-installed all Roland plugins and not sure if i will try the paid subscription anytime soon.
Maybe if the add the full featured D-50 emulation.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:I only translated a few patches to the Arturia plugin and now the free 30 dayss subsription is over. Also de-installed all Roland plugins and not sure if i will try the paid subscription anytime soon.
Maybe if the add the full featured D-50 emulation.
have you posted all the Jup-8 translated patches?

If not, please do it, even if it's an incomplete project :)

Who was the developer that made the great D-50 software that Roland legally made him, "cease and desist" from selling it? I'm hoping that he can now work with Roland to implement his D-50 software for Roland's Cloud.

quantum7 wrote:Who was the developer that made the great D-50 software that Roland legally made him, "cease and desist" from selling it? I'm hoping that he can now work with Roland to implement his D-50 software for Roland's Cloud.
Do you mean the "LA-50" by Binary Music? It was a Kontakt sample library that after Eric Persing posting at Facebook was removed by the developer. I was one of the few that was able ti buy it before it was discontinued.
I had refused all requests to provide a download for LA-50 so far and i got a few PMs about that in the past...

BTW LA-50 did not include all the D-50 factory patches and the majority of patches seemed to be custom made.

FWIW the "Deepflight" D-50 Kontakt libary was just updated to v2:
http://kontaktbanks.com/kb_deepflight2.html

There was no full featured D-50 emulation yet (not a sample library) but Roland already announced that this is work in progress.
Ingo Weidner

roland is dead for me. maybe the plugins sounds ok for me but the guis are too small and now that cloudthing. hahaha

and the roland tr-9 its just a toy to get the money from all that analog toygear hippsterkids.

beely wrote:
Cochrane wrote:a little question on Juno 106 plugin: does it implement polyphonic portamento
Yes, there is portamento in poly modes, and you can glide chords etc, as well as individual notes within chords etc.
Also, can you automate parameters like cutoff etc with MIDI CC on the Juno-106?

I saw no MIDI CC parameter lists in the downloadable manual...

Thanks!

I had not looked at the Roland Cloud page for a while (especially after the free subcription timed out) but there seems to be a page for a full featured D-50 emulation (not a sample library) now:

https://www.rolandcloud.com/catalog/leg ... ynthesizer

This might get me interested in Roland Cloud again...
Ingo Weidner

Yeah, the D50 went up today...

Does it do sysex import of D50 patches?

Edit: Hey, the D50 plugin is actually quite nice, the interface is decent (still a bit Roland-quirky, but decent.)

Return to “Instruments”