PrettyScope (paint with sound), released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PrettyScope

camsr wrote:Bugs I had,
Couldn't adjust the framerate limiter, stuck at inf
Almost all of the presets don't work.. just an empty scope.
heh. Sorry. Don't use presets. Need time to address some "bugs" (not really bugs, just bad design), but need to get Mushroom Generator released first.

Move your frame rate slider all the way to one side. It's a selection, not a slider. Oops. It used to be able to set framerate exactly, but couldn't figure out how to actually make it work without slowing down the DAWs framerate simultaneously.

Some presets might have the pause button active. OOPS. That will make it look like there's bugs.

Mushroom Generator has a handful of serious bugs at the moment delaying release (outside of my control), I'll see if I can start on PrettyScope again in the mean time in the next few days.

1. Make framerate slider into a dropdown
2. Prevent pause button from being saved in preset
3. Check all presets and make sure they're looking ok
4. Get the tailfade and lenfactor sliders to work again
5. Move Heatmap button next to the colormap selector.

6. Add pages / tabs / toggleable sidebars cause this b**** needs a crapton more controls.
7. Add LFOs
8. Add toggleable grids
9. Stop drawing a line across the screen when scanner restarts (1D mode)
10. Decay line brightness lengthwise so lines don't look disconnected due to full-frame-pixel-decay
11. Standalone version so we can attempt to address imperfect frame timing/rendering and custom frame timing
12. After that, maybe we can figure out how to get perfect frame timing and custom framerate to work in audio plugin format
13. Add cool blur effects with blur color options
14. Add customizable line-length-based color
15. Allow for custom background color, so you can do white or black or whatever.
16. Decay pixels based on brightness for otherwordly effects
17. Create a colormap based on analog oscilloscopes just for ease of use.
18. Clean up controls to show only what is needed.
19. Add the ability to add input channels to have multiple things being drawn on screen.
20. Add the ability to add/remove line drawing / dot drawing per channel input
21. I can go all day, guys.
22. Add background-brightness-effect based on overall brightness of canvas to simulate TV
23. Add a master speed control to simulate slow motion analog oscilloscope footage (looks f***in amazing): https://youtu.be/XOAsmd-FFb0
24. Add ability to draw shapes other than dots, such as starts and triangles.
25. Add FFT mode
26. Add pixelly mode
27. Add sterile mode (best visual to study waveform)
28. Add CPU-based drawing
29. Improve waveform tracking
30. Interpolate data points to remove jagged aliasing/edges (it's unrealistic and ugly) with option to turn that feature off.
31. Add clipping modes including circle soft clipping.
32. add full screen mode
33. Hide most controls by default in favor of a performance page and lots of presets.

not in any particular order.

Architeuthis wrote:Mushroom Generator has a handful of serious bugs at the moment delaying release (outside of my control), I'll see if I can start on PrettyScope again in the mean time in the next few days.

1. Make framerate slider into a dropdown
2. Prevent pause button from being saved in preset
3. Check all presets and make sure they're looking ok
4. Get the tailfade and lenfactor sliders to work again
5. Move Heatmap button next to the colormap selector.

Make it backward compatible to run on older video cards, please?

ZeePok, if it's possible, I'll do it. https://asdfg.me/osci/ <-- if that works for you then it's possible.

It would help to complain on that page (leave a comment at the bottom) something like "I can't use PrettyScope because it's not compatible with my older computer, but I want an audio plugin oscilloscope, could you make an audio plugin?" Please do that. Please complain. It may help both of us out.

Very nice piece of software!

I'm running a Mac and I would like to capture the visual output from Ableton so I can further process it in After Effects. Should I use screen capture software like Screen Flow? or is there a better solution - I will have MAX 4Live in a week or two.

Also, the actual PrettyScope gfx only use a small part of the window - is that a restriction of the demo version?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fight Apathy or don't.

1/4 screen issue is an issue with retina display at this time.

Architeuthis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:46 am 1/4 screen issue is an issue with retina display at this time.
Ok - will look out for an update.
Fight Apathy or don't.

Any updates or is this no longer?

Soundemote is in sleep mode, but soon we will be back releasing products. We've been unable to find a developer to work on PrettyScope thus far.

Return to “Instruments”