Which synth you are learning or sound designing for now?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

egbert101 wrote:One problem to take into consideration with LuSH-101, is that it takes between 5-10 seconds to load one instance (and that's on an SSD). It starts becoming a pain with two or more in your DAW project.
If you really think that's bad, go grab a copy of Realivox Ladies.

I have an I7 and 16 gig of RAM. It takes...hold onto your hat...5 minutes to load one instance.

Now, you have to hear how amazing they sound to understand why, but still. That's just totally insane.

So 5-10 seconds? Pffft. Please, that ain't nothin'.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

wagtunes wrote: If you really think that's bad, go grab a copy of Realivox Ladies.

I have an I7 and 16 gig of RAM. It takes...hold onto your hat...5 minutes to load one instance.
Seriously? Are you sure that's not a bug or something? 5 minutes seems excessive, even for a library based instrument...

chk071 wrote:
wagtunes wrote: If you really think that's bad, go grab a copy of Realivox Ladies.

Seriously? Are you sure that's not a bug or something? 5 minutes seems excessive, even for a library based instrument...
It works fine so if it's a bug it's an odd bug.

wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:

Maybe you have a slow disk. It is a Kontakt library, so how big is this library? I say more than one minute, definitely something is wrong!

EnGee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:

Maybe you have a slow disk. It is a Kontakt library, so how big is this library? I say more than one minute, definitely something is wrong!
Of all my Kontakt libraries (and I do have some big ones that take about a minute) this one is the largest by far. The load is over 8 gig which is a good 4x plus larger than my 2nd largest library at about 1.8 gig. So the 5 minute load time actually makes sense mathematically. Still, that is a long time to load up a library.

There was a lite version I could have gotten but I wanted the full functionality and I got it. No complaints about the product once it's loaded. The vocal quality is off the charts amazing.

wagtunes wrote:
EnGee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:

Of all my Kontakt libraries (and I do have some big ones that take about a minute) this one is the largest by far. The load is over 8 gig which is a good 4x plus larger than my 2nd largest library at about 1.8 gig. So the 5 minute load time actually makes sense mathematically. Still, that is a long time to load up a library.

There was a lite version I could have gotten but I wanted the full functionality and I got it. No complaints about the product once it's loaded. The vocal quality is off the charts amazing.
8 giga ?! Wow! Yes, indeed it makes sense.

EnGee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
EnGee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:

8 giga ?! Wow! Yes, indeed it makes sense.
Here's a cover I did of Howard Jone's "New Song" for my 80s Synth Pop project. The "Ooo, Ooo, Ooo's" just before the synth leads are them. And they can do tons of other words and even have a limited word builder. They can't do complete songs (the library would be 20 gig at least) but they are amazing for background vocals. One of the best investments I've made.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/new-song-remix

wagtunes wrote:
Here's a cover I did of Howard Jone's "New Song" for my 80s Synth Pop project. The "Ooo, Ooo, Ooo's" just before the synth leads are them. And they can do tons of other words and even have a limited word builder. They can't do complete songs (the library would be 20 gig at least) but they are amazing for background vocals. One of the best investments I've made.

This the best I heard from you :tu: Ok I'm biased because Howard Jones is from my fav artists, but I believe this is a very good cover :) What organ sound did you use? It's really nice organ.

EnGee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

This the best I heard from you :tu: Ok I'm biased because Howard Jones is from my fav artists, but I believe this is a very good cover :) What organ sound did you use? It's really nice organ.
The organ, IMO, is the best B3 out there.

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

Rightly so :tu: I added to my small list must to buy :) thanks :)

Right now I'm intently focused on doing all my programming-from-scratch with LuSH-101. I'm loving it!

re: the comment on loading times, it takes about 2 - 3 seconds. Slightly longer than others, yes, but it's not a big deal. I've read in their forums that it has to do with loading the graphics for the UI.

I find LuSH-101 to have the perfect balance of simplicity (the basic SH-101 setup is really pretty straightforward subtractive synthesis in the most classic sense) and depth (the layers, the effects, the arp+gate, using the mod matrix, etc).

I also like that I work faster with it than I do with Diva, I think mostly because Diva (though totally brilliant) almost provides too many options; I can get lost flipping between different osc modes, different filters, etc rather than just choosing one of each and getting to work. Lush is just straight up classic Roland synth sound, nothing to get lost in....which I find helps my productivity with sound design greatly.

Also worth mentioning that the effects in Lush-101 are really fantastic sounding.

When I eventually need a break from it, I'm sure it will be back to Diva.

mholloway wrote:it takes about 2 - 3 seconds. Slightly longer than others, yes, but it's not a big deal.
Compared to Virus Control plugin which takes about 30 seconds to load, it's very good. :D Btw, I don't notice any difference in loading time between Lush and other native plugins.

I own Lush for a couple of weeks since the last sale but I think that I should have bought it long ago. I also have Diva and Tal Bassline 101 which of course also sound great, but the features like vowel filter, distortion, decimator and supersaw make Lush much more useful for me. Also its overall sound character is more suited to the music I'm making.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

wagtunes wrote:Of all my Kontakt libraries (and I do have some big ones that take about a minute) this one is the largest by far. The load is over 8 gig which is a good 4x plus larger than my 2nd largest library at about 1.8 gig. So the 5 minute load time actually makes sense mathematically. Still, that is a long time to load up a library.
You may have tried it already, but if you haven't then a batch resave (eg https://soundiron.com/pages/pro-tip-1-r ... load-times) does sometimes produce dramatic improvements in loading times for larger libraries.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Oxium. So deep, so rich, so good sounding, so eternally surprising me.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”