One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well done Photonic on a decisive win. Amazing work as always :clap: :clap: :clap:

And to everyone else, you only didn't win because you were trolled :lol:

Nah seriously, great works all the way down the list as often happens in this comp. I gave a heap of 5s and 4s because I just couldn't really differentiate between so many of the entries, which all sounded impressive to me. I guess diversity wins again.

Thx BJ as well ...you rock!

scuse me for jumping in on this.

how about doing xoxos black vst. that's 99 one synth challenges and not a single xoxos vst for the course of it. it's time you did black.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Congrats! I like that at least few of my favorites got good places and decent score. So I'm calm about my low position :D
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

Congrats to all the winners and to all who participated... it was a great contest! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And thanks for the votes! Excited to be in the top five. I think it might be my first time. :party:

well place 45 from 63 entries may not be so bad first time participating ...

Congrats everyone!

xoxos wrote:scuse me for jumping in on this.

how about doing xoxos black vst. that's 99 one synth challenges and not a single xoxos vst for the course of it. it's time you did black.
It's on the radar. Folks in the slack channel were raving about the xoxos synths. :hyper:
The general thread might be a better place to ask this.

Congrats to all the top 5, all well deserved and most got my 5 vote!

Pretty happy with my 11th because I know jazz is not everyone's cup of tea! ONLY 7 more marks and it would be in the top 5, so not bad showing for a free synth as well!

Super super track Photonic, nice to see peoples' composition skills coming through.

dB

Whoops, what happened there :o
I expected nearly everything but placing top5 ...
Congrats to Photonic, awesome work! And congrats to all the others. Great work, everyone has brought their personal touch to OSC which makes it so interesting to participate :)

Congrats to the winners, well deserved and aligns with how I thought was well. At last, I am a OSC virgin no longer!

One minor mistake on the spreadsheet - the synth I used was Spire, not vst2413s :)

Many congrats to photonics and all the deserving winners. Also, a big thumbs up to rest of the participants. Personally, It was a great experience for me as a first timer as well (ending up just above the half way mark in the ranking). My humble thanks to everyone for being very supportive of my efforts :tu:

Looking forward to this month's (vst2413) contest now :D

Cheers!
Last edited by baalisoda on Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

I like this idea, I have played around with Black a good bit and I really enjoy the sound it can make.
Only way I have gotten more than one instance to behave though is to either rename the dll file per instance or freeze all but one instance at a time. Neither option is much fun, perhaps there is another work-around?

Congrats to all the winners, well deserved. :clap:
There were some really good tracks this month and I greatly enjoyed just listening.

I personally hope there was a bit of a voting glitch or something to explain the one set of scores. :roll:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Frostline wrote:

I like this idea, I have played around with Black a good bit and I really enjoy the sound it can make.
Only way I have gotten more than one instance to behave though is to either rename the dll file per instance or freeze all but one instance at a time. Neither option is much fun, perhaps there is another work-around?

Congrats to all the winners, well deserved. :clap:
There were some really good tracks this month and I greatly enjoyed just listening.

I personally hope there was a bit of a voting glitch or something to explain the one set of scores. :roll:
No glitch. Some people are just assholes.

xoxos wrote:"scuse me for jumping in on this.
how about doing xoxos black vst. that's 99 one synth challenges and not a single xoxos vst for the course of it. it's time you did black."
:lol: I tried, xoxos. You have no idea how much time I've invested in trying to do your synths this month, at a great cost. (Spoiler: Clearly the best is ClearSynth)

I saw a bright future on the Horizon because it has stereo detuning, but it's SE so it crashes with two instances! I even tried making tons of copies of the .dll and renaming them for some reason but that didn't work, so clearly using it wasn't on the horizon.

I would've gone with urom, it seemed like that was the real truth serum, but that's a wrapper (and I'm not a rapper... :ud: )

So I tried noisemo, which is theoretically quite usable (and adorable, I relate to wasp encounters and other insect-saving heroics :love: ), but without success making percussion, soon I said no more noisemo.

Funny thing about Perfecto is that monophonic synths in the OSC reveal all my imperfections. :oops:

Then the last stop was Regula, which I haven't worked with, on the regular.

I see I should've been exploring the darkness of Black, hidden in such depths that it's not even on the free vst page and terrifies all those who fear the unknowns of xoxos experimental oscillators, previously synonymous with sudden, deafening, unexpected sounds in the moonless night. :drunk:

generaldiomedes wrote:"the synth I used was Spire, not vst2413s :)"
Well, they're easily confused

Congratulations to the winners. It turned out to be an interesting month, and as always, big thanks to BJ for keeping this thing going!

Return to “Instruments”