Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Hello Everett !

Bump
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I should also add that I am running Win10 64-bit, and that I tried both the regular and MT versions in both 64 and 32-bit versions. 32 bit at least tried to load but didn't give any GUI. Both versions of 64-bit closed Reaper immediately.

I'm tried running Fathom in Reaper, no problem, works perfectly.

Ree, Did you try the MT build and how much RAM do you have?
BK1, How much RAM do you have?

I think the problem in Reaper may be related to RAM and the size of the new GUI.

Provoc, Hi, sorry I don't understand the problem. You can only export WAV files one at a time not as tables or collections, there are no indexes associated with them. Could you give me more details on the problem. What exactly are you trying to do?

If you want to save an entire table in WAV format I can add that as a feature, but it currently does not exist.

If the Reaper problem is caused by low RAM I will be releasing a low memory version asap, but like I said, I don't see any problems in Reaper in Windows 7.

@FathomSynth: I have 8Gb of RAM.

It's really weird. I just tried reverting to the version I purchased back in March and it works fine.

Thoughts?

FathomSynth wrote:I'm tried running Fathom in Reaper, no problem, works perfectly.

Ree, Did you try the MT build and how much RAM do you have?
BK1, How much RAM do you have?

I think the problem in Reaper may be related to RAM and the size of the new GUI.

I have tried the MT build and no luck in Reaper or Reason. I have 12 GB RAM.

FathomSynth wrote:The Fathom Friday sale is now over on the company web site and Shopify but we will be leaving the price at $11.00 for any late comers one extra day Sunday on KVR.
I posted this 14 hours ago on Gearslutz, someone replied a few hours later that he could not find the sale extension here.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... synth.html

BK1, ree, 8 GB and 12 GB of RAM is more than enough so it's not a RAM issue.

I am able to run Reaper Fine with no problems, but I am still in Windows 7.

Are you sure Reaper is not trying to run the 32 bit version without you knowing. I have not touched my build process at all for the 2.12 release, so nothing changed. The only thing I changed was I put the 32 and 64 bit plugin in the same folder for the zip file.

I will make a new Windows 10 build for you both using VS 2017 instead of VS2012. I will do that as soon as possible.

BK1, Ree, Just wanted to let you know I will be doing what ever it takes to fix this for you. But let's start with a Visual Studio 2017 build and we will see if that works. I can get that to you later tomorrow. If not then I will be creating a special debug build to run on your system.

In the mean time I would recommend completely deleting the 32 bit DLL from anywhere on your system and clearing the scan on Reaper, launch Reaper then with no Fathom DLL's present at all, then re-launch Reaper with a completely fresh scan.

Also, I had one customer report recently that if they uninstalled all the Visual Studio C++ redistributables and re-install 2015 and 2017 that it worked. I know that is a lot of trouble, but it has worked in the past.

FathomSynth wrote:Provoc, Hi, sorry I don't understand the problem. You can only export WAV files one at a time not as tables or collections, there are no indexes associated with them. Could you give me more details on the problem. What exactly are you trying to do?

If you want to save an entire table in WAV format I can add that as a feature, but it currently does not exist.
Hi Everett,

From the video (in case you missed it) you should be able to see that I imported a full wavetable from a folder (16 wav’s) and then saved waves 1-3 (one at a time) with the "save WAV audio files" option turned on. By index I just mean fathom wavetable indexes (1-16) .. 1-3 being the single waves that I saved.

The problem is that the saved .WAVs are not the right ones (completely different shape and seem to be from the second wavetable, not waves 1-3 of the first wavetable that I actually saved). The saved .xml files are fine and Fathom is working ok internally with the imported table.

So nothing urgent, really just reporting FYI since in my case I just wanted to see what format the exported waves were in. Exporting a whole table cold be useful at some stage but probably not a high demand feature and in fact what might be more useful would be being able to set the sample size of the exported .WAV to something more common such as powers of 2 sample size (e.g. 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc).

Cheers,

provoc

Hello,

Is there a way to get out of the preset browser w/o making a choice ?

Cheers.

Yes, hit the Close button in the middle tool bar far right side.

Hello Everett !

Bump
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

provoc, yes you can do exactly what you want, you just have to be aware if which File button you hit.

There are actually two wave tables left and right side, and only one Load and Save button.

To load and save waves to and from the left side table, hit the left side File button.
To load and save waves to and from the right side table, hit the right side File button.

Saving Wave Table Waves 101 :wink:

For instance, add a new Wave Table oscillator.
Hit left side Parameters button.
Set left side Wave Index to 16 and right side Wave Index to 8.
Hit left side File button and browse to Waves/User.
Click Save (left side wave number 16 is saved to Users folder).
Hit Close.
Hit right side File button.
Hit Save (right side wave number 8 is saved to Users folder).
Hit Close.
Add a Wave Draw oscillator and hit Waves.
Click on Wave 1, then click on Wave 2.
Watch the Wave Draw main graph change from Wave 1 which came from left side wave 16,
to Wave 2 which came from right side wave 8.

Just grabbed Fathom last night. Very nice! :tu:

Downside was it kept me up way past bedtime...

Looking forward to learning more about this synth. :wheee:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m, It's good to hear from you.

Fathom is definitely not good for insomnia.

Return to “Instruments”