VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Nice job with the synth. Insta buy :tu:

Anyways

It's a very tiny issue, but there's no any info showing in BWS 1.3

I'd at least hope that there would be macros that were possible to automate. That way I could hook for example a filter to a macro and then automate it in my DAW.
Image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I do not yet have any Fathom internal parameters exposed to the DAW.
I will do that at some point but it is a lot of development.

However, you can modulate any dial with the MIDI Control modulator,
and you can choose any MIDI signal.

That way you can automate any Fathom parameter with a MIDI Control signal,
which can then be automated in time anyway you choose from the DAW.

This is easy and effectively does the exact same thing.

Supersaw pads, plucks and leads sound very epic :tu:
Also seem to eat a bit cpu cycles. Though I noticed that Fathom shows that 4 note chord with 2 osc's with 7 voice unison, 4 note polyphony use 30-35% of cpu, but task manager only shows that 10% is in use. So basically that means that Fathom only uses one core?

Correct, Fathom only uses one core per instance.

If you have multiple Fathom tracks, most if not all hosts, will assign
one virtual core per track.

If your host tracks are not full and you want to assign multiple
cores to a single Fathom instance to get better polyphony,
I will research and see if there is a way to do that, I'm sure there is.

I will check into that for the two week release.
Everett

FathomSynth wrote:Bug fix releases should be free. Feature releases I might charge a small fee like a dollar to help keep the project going, since it does take time to do them.
No problem for me. It makes sense, especially knowing that you make something alone and share it with pleasure.
I have always thought in my life that every work needs a respectable return. Even when it is addition of new features to something already existent, for me it makes sense to ask for a contribution (small or not, regard the work made for it).
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

FathomSynth wrote:...

Nineofkings: Sorry I missed your post. Yes, I can build you a 32 bit version of the plugin, but I will have no way to test it, you will have to just try it. I will try to do that this week for you. I will add that to the Road Map.

:party: Fingers crossed!

:hyper:

Fathom Mono for Windows 32 is now up on the company website.
Test it and then let me know if you want the poly version also.

I have no way to test it so use at your own risk!

Fathom 2D Wave Morphing Development In Progress.

This will be done in two weeks maybe one, and will be delivered with other user requested features.

It provides 2D wave morphing with multiple functions such as time scan, add, subtract, multi-frequency notching and distortion envelope profile.

You can modulate morph between 16 waves on both the left side operand and right side operator waves, and then modulate morph between them.

See attached gui screen shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FathomSynth wrote:I do not yet have any Fathom internal parameters exposed to the DAW.
I will do that at some point but it is a lot of development.

However, you can modulate any dial with the MIDI Control modulator,
and you can choose any MIDI signal.

That way you can automate any Fathom parameter with a MIDI Control signal,
which can then be automated in time anyway you choose from the DAW.

This is easy and effectively does the exact same thing.
Not really. Vst parameter automation is sample accurate and offers higher granularity than midi.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks for the 32bit version will test tonight in hopes of a poly version, Ensoniq? I wonder if you worked with my brother John?

VariKusBrainZ: So here's the scoop on VST params.
Fathom performs all modulations, except distortion params, every sample.
So it always depends on the frequency of messages from the host.
For MIDI params they come in approx 4 times per host sample block.
At 44100 hertz sample blocks are between 440 (Cubase, MuLab) and 512 (Ableton) samples,
which is 44100 / 128 or 344 times per second.
This is enough granularity for physical mod wheels or an LFO.
The only time you need more is for very sharp attack ADSR's.
If you do ADSR's inside Fathom, you get extremely high per sample accuracy.
I can easily program host params also, but there is some trickyness.
The VST interface can only do static params, they can not change.
So this can easily be done for global params.
But because Fathom is dynamic modular, all audio component params, are dynamic.
So the only way to do it would be to have a set of approx 8 static params
exposed to the host, which could then be reassigned inside Fathom as you like.
And the granularity for these params could be set by Fathom.
But for real time reasons you would not want this to be more than 8 per block.
So it would not be that much better than the MIDI control signals.
If this is something people could use I will check into it.

FrettedSynth: I worked at Ensoniq from 1998 to 2001.
It was so long ago the only ppl I remember where my managers Scott P. and Carl B.
who is now CEO of Aviom, and also Gary G, their primary sw architect, who I worked with a lot.
I'm 90 percent sure the other senior architect was "John" but I'm not sure.
I don't remember anyone from the sound card department.

The world is small... :)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Installed the latest version (v1.0.1) 64 bit on Windows 10.

I have no problems loading it up in FL Studio v12.4 64 bit. I am very happy to see that the CPU hit is low.

Problems I experience:

I can't adjust volume in real time: When turning the volume knob while playing a note, the note cuts off.

Last tweaked "midi learn" option is not working FL Studio 12

I think there is need for easier navigation. By this I mean for example when working on a modular patch and then hitting the button "Signal Flow", how do I get back to the modular patch I was working on, if I hadn't saved it?

The same with opening the browser, the close button is located in a place that is not easy to see.

I would prefer some easy to see back and forward [<-] [->] arrows which would make navigating easier.

Numanoid

Thanks for running it, I’m really glad to hear we have another FL user, that is critical for the product.

I am very happy to see that the CPU hit is low.
>> Good news. CPU will get even better when I move to Intel C++ with SIMD.

I can't adjust volume in real time:
>> Wow, I’ve never seen this. I will fix it. But I need info.
(1) Is this the master volume or oscillator volume.
(2) If oscillator, which one?
(3) Is the volume also modulated?
(3) Do you have any other volume modulated, or any other modulations?
(4) Please save the Fathom program and email it to me. That will really help.
This one is serious and I want to fix it soon!

>> Not sure, need more info.
>> Fathom can modulate on any midi input.
>> But it is not designed to do any other midi stuff.
>> I never use midi learn myself, so I need more details, what exactly happened?
>> I will fix it.

Need for easier navigation. how do I get back to modular patch was working on?
>> To go back from signal flow into any panel just click on the audio component in the big blue view to go to that panel.
>> The same goes for modulators on the right. One mouse click on the modulator icon.
>> Also, you don’t have to click on the Signal Flow button, you can just click anywhere on the blue and it will go back to signal flow.
>> Not sure what you mean by “modulator patch”. What exactly are the two Fathom screens you want to flip back and forth between? I will add a forward back buttons to the main tool bar if I know exactly what you are trying to do.

The same with opening the browser, the close button is located in a place that is not easy to see.
>> Sorry, yes you are right about that.
>> But some poor button has to be sent off alone to the end of the bar, and “Close” did not get along with “Browser”. Also most applications have the close button on the far right so I wanted to be consistent.

I would prefer some easy to see back and forward [<-] [->] arrows which would make navigating easier.
>> Yes I can do that, but I need to know exactly which two screens you are flipping between.

Great suggestions. Also, other than the volume, it sounds like the audio path under FL is solid, which I am so glad to hear.
Everett

I can't adjust volume in real time:
>> Wow, I’ve never seen this. I will fix it. But I need info.
(1) Is this the master volume
It is the master volume. I loaded up a random patch from Factory selection, when trying to adjust the volume while playing that, the audio cut off.
>> Not sure, need more info.
See this screenshot. Here I have tweaked the cutoff button and also tweaked a button on my midi controller. I shall then be able to go to "Last Tweaked" and choose "Link to controller" to learn that button. But as you see that whole menu is greyed out in FL Studio, this is not normal for other VSTs I use

>> Not sure what you mean by “modulator patch”. What exactly are the two Fathom screens you want to flip back and forth between? I will add a forward back buttons to the main tool bar if I know exactly what you are trying to do.
I just meant that I was working on a patch. I then pressed the Signal Flow button by mistake, and I didn't see how I could get back to the patch I was working on.

Return to “Instruments”