DRC Polyphonic Synthesizer for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since it seems there is no dedicated thread about this and it seems to fly under the KVR radar i think it needs an own thread.
I think it can compete with some of the big players and in some areas it is even better:
https://www.imaginando.pt/products/drc
It goes straight to my Top 5 (maybe Top 3....or even my new number one if a few things will be added).
It´s flavor but i love the combination of modern GUI and vintage sound.
It seems not to emulate any specific synth but just will be in general a vintage sounding tool.
For me it seems great for cpu (i could run 50-100 instances of not too complex patches on my macbook pro which i couldn´t do with any other similar sounding synth i own) usage too.
Short said.....i love it and wonder what other poeple might think about it.

I think it's one of the best sounding "simple" synths out there. Reminds me a bit of ArcSyn with it's powerful sound.

But the developer needs to allow for 3rd party support. Right now, there is none. I have tried everything I know how to do in order to figure out a way to create 3rd party libraries.

The only way, and it's a terrible workaround, is to simply send your local json file to another person and for them to back up their old one and replace it with yours. But then they'd have to do that with every json file they received. It's just unacceptable.

The worst part is, the synth comes with less than 100 presets. For musicians who don't want to create their own sounds, this is going to be a huge turnoff as far as purchasing it.

Honestly, I don't know what the developers were thinking in designing this patch saving system. It's hands down the worst out there.

Hopefully, enough people will complain and something will be done.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

wagtunes wrote:I think it's one of the best sounding "simple" synths out there. Reminds me a bit of ArcSyn with it's powerful sound.

But the developer needs to allow for 3rd party support. Right now, there is none. I have tried everything I know how to do in order to figure out a way to create 3rd party libraries.

The only way, and it's a terrible workaround, is to simply send your local json file to another person and for them to back up their old one and replace it with yours. But then they'd have to do that with every json file they received. It's just unacceptable.

The worst part is, the synth comes with less than 100 presets. For musicians who don't want to create their own sounds, this is going to be a huge turnoff as far as purchasing it.

Honestly, I don't know what the developers were thinking in designing this patch saving system. It's hands down the worst out there.

Hopefully, enough people will complain and something will be done.
It is already asked for.
Here the developer answered something about this:

"We need to add that feature. It's an old request and after doing some two extra banks, I would say it is a very important feature. What you guys are expecting as users?

Import/Export a single patch as a file?
Import/Export bank as a file?
Please share your thoughts and needs so we can have a better idea of what is needed."

So we talk to them and not just complain maybe. :D

egbert101 wrote:Agreed so far. One of the best sounding simple analogue synths.

A few points:
  • - The filters are excellent but don't self-oscillate. Not really a problem for most sounds.
    - The unison is just an on or off mode. It would be nice if this were more configurable, but then I use an external unison (MeldaProduction MUnison) for such things anyway.
    - What's it based on? Seems like a mashup between a SH-101 or OB-X?
    - Why did this fly under the radar here? Maybe people thought it was ipad only?
On their you tube tutorials (just a few) they said f.e. the 4P low pass filter is modeled after a Moog filter (what else, lol).....which can self resonant.
But i like that it´s not another emulation with a GUI looks like hardware.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote:
Cinebient wrote: On their you tube tutorials (just a few) they said f.e. the 4P low pass filter is modeled after a Moog filter (what else, lol).....which can self resonant.
But i like that it´s not another emulation with a GUI looks like hardware.
But does it pass fluffy's monitor/eye test? :hihi:

I noticed there is a 'Day' check box in the settings, for a clean white version. Vector based would help with those with different sized monitors, but it looks fantastic on my monitor.
Yes, i prefer the day version of the GUI. Looks sharp here even when i zoom it to full screen.

Also i don´t know where wagtunes get the just 100 patches. I see over 300 in the demo (looks like the 2 expansions are included in the plug-in which are IAP for 3.49 in the iOS version).
Edit: It seems actually 323 patches which is a good start.

I´m exploring some more little nice things inside this synth like the tuned delay....means an octave above the delay time is half and an octave below the delay time get doubled if you set the delay to kbd mode. Nice one.

Cinebient wrote:Also i don´t know where wagtunes get the just 100 patches. I see over 300 in the demo (looks like the 2 expansions are included in the plug-in which are IAP for 3.49 in the iOS version).
Edit: It seems actually 323 patches which is a good start.
Well, then there must be something wrong with my demo because there is no way there are 300 patches here.

<delete>

egbert101 wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Well, then there must be something wrong with my demo because there is no way there are 300 patches here.
I think the extra banks download from the cloud. In other words, once you're connected to the internet on your DAW machine, they'll download.
Are you sure you can do that in demo mode? Because I don't see anyway of connecting to the cloud unless I'm totally missing something.

<delete>

egbert101 wrote:But does it pass fluffy's monitor/eye test? :hihi:
Hardly anything passes that test :hihi:

wagtunes wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Well, then there must be something wrong with my demo because there is no way there are 300 patches here.
I think the extra banks download from the cloud. In other words, once you're connected to the internet on your DAW machine, they'll download.
Are you sure you can do that in demo mode? Because I don't see anyway of connecting to the cloud unless I'm totally missing something.
I doesn´t have do anything to download them. They just were in the patch browser and i´m using just the demo too yet. But i was connected to the net so it might add them automatic?
I didn´t have an account there or logged in somewhere.
However, someone on another forum who own the iOS and plug-in version says that the plug-in comes also with the 2 extra expansions. So you get at least 323 patches to start with.
I think more will be added too maybe.

Return to “Instruments”