Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Fleer wrote:Could be the quality of the product ;)
Who are you trying to convince? The only thing that I need to be convinced that a product is high quality is, wait for it, high quality.

But I was just addressing Peter's comment. I'm simply not ever surprised that aggressively marketed products sell. See most of the Hot 100 for examples of this point. Certainly some aggressively marketed products are of high quality. However, again, without externally collaboration, it's hard to know whether marketing or quality is selling the product.

For those that do have Syntronik and who feel its quality is high and fits with their intended use: Did you install the multis? What do you think?

ghettosynth wrote:
Fleer wrote:Could be the quality of the product ;)
Who are you trying to convince?
You!
By sharing my heartfelt, personal, musical, intuitive appreciation for Syntronik, a wonderful set of truly analog sounding synths I bought in the IK Custom Shop.

ghettosynth wrote:He [Ty Unwin] says:
I think that the difference here is that they've sampled all of the different waveforms of the different synths.
What the f**k does he think other samples libraries do? If you're convinced that Ty knows what he's talking about, more power to you, and I'm not saying anything about Syntronik here. Some people will like it some people won't, but, that was as technical as my grandmother talking about her hearing aid.
I'm going to come back to Ty's comments as I just watched the segment again (https://youtu.be/c73BGmrF1xI?t=1h3m26s) and I'm struggling to see what Ty said that deserved your derision and subsequent insinuations as to motive.

Ty said (paraphrasing some of it) this:
a lot of sample collections sound like samples/facsimiles. With syntonik, they've sampled individual waveforms, they've also then sampled things like sync sweeps and some of the fm qualities of oscillators, they've then sampled patches and combined all these things together in an engine with a choice of 4 modelled filters.
then they've added drift technology where oscillators drift in a not just tuning way but phasing
That seems a pretty accurate overview of how syntronik works, and the differentiation between that and the majority of sample libraries, being static in nature, is evidently true also.

It seems you heard the first part that you quoted, and then your over-riding desire for self-aggrandizement kicked in and the rest was heard/dismissed through that filter.

Future Music reviewed Syntronik in their October 2017 issue. Their main criticisms are the obvious sound design limitations and the install process, but they seemed impressed in terms of the sound quality itself:
the sampled preset sounds themselves are excellent
it can create convincingly rich, analogue-like results
Syntronik offers a great way to get access to a large selection of convincing and usable vintage synth sounds

OneOfManyPauls wrote:Future Music reviewed Syntronik in their October 2017 issue.
If you consult the KVR Forum list of conspiracy theories, you will find at number 5 is:

"5) All magazine reviews are paid for by advertisers."

Sounds about right.

I would have expected to see a higher score than 8.2 out of 10 if that were the case though.

So we have a non-stellar overall magazine review that gels with the comments made by Ty about sound quality. I feel a 7 minute abs moment coming on:

https://youtu.be/JB2di69FmhE?t=45s

Conspiracy theory = not true, not on iota of evidence, made up, bonkers, paranoid, etc.

Actually, there's nothing in the definition of "conspiracy theory" that prevents it from being true - but I did grasp how you had used the term.

nvmd

So, about those 300+ new Syntronik multis... :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:So, about those 300+ new Syntronik multis... :)
Do a sale on syntronik and I'll tell you :)

Some really nice Multis in the collection so far....haven't had a chance to check all 300+. Kind of stole my thunder as I am planning on releasing some free multis too but these do a fantastic job of showing what Syntronik can do when used to it's full potential. The Layers are the true power of Syntronik for me as it's possible to create some very complex and rich sounds. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

They're not in my user area? Are they in everyone's accounts that have the full version?

Check under Related Downloads and you'll find those sweet Multis.

Return to “Instruments”