Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: I hope to have more news to share about aftertouch as soon as I can.
You shouldn't have to be defending the lack of Aftertouch support in a VSTi synth in 2017. :wink:

Anyway it's not just about AT it's about the ability to assign Midi Controllers as wanted per layer (or globally):

Layer 1 responds to AT and MW but not the Sustain Pedal. Layer 2 responds to Sustain but not AT and so on....

I ran into the same frustrations when Sampletank 3 was released with the lack of per layer midi control.

It baffles me why those who develop and test Syntronik and ST3 don't find the lack of control equally frustrating. Synthronik is an expressive instrument but the ability to customize that expression to meet the needs of the individual user is such a no-brainer :? Yes we all work differently but these are not esoteric features but those that should be considered standard these days.....AT,MW,PB,Vel, Sustain and Expression Pedal and the ability to customize them to the desires of the user.

I love IK instruments but they do give me some..... :bang: moments. :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

zzz00m wrote:It's really just all about the sound.
Yes and to me Syntronik sounds great. If it didn't I would be asking for more..... :hihi:

Syntronik has the potential to be a really great instrument with some tweaks and if IK or Third Parties add more instrument modules it can expand to an even wider range of sounds. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

True. We should appreciate Syntronik for the deep analog-style sounds it gives us. But we should also hope for tweaks that make it even better.

Teksonik wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: I hope to have more news to share about aftertouch as soon as I can.
You shouldn't have to be defending the lack of Aftertouch support in a VSTi synth in 2017. :wink:

Anyway it's not just about AT it's about the ability to assign Midi Controllers as wanted per layer (or globally):

Layer 1 responds to AT and MW but not the Sustain Pedal. Layer 2 responds to Sustain but not AT and so on....

I ran into the same frustrations when Sampletank 3 was released with the lack of per layer midi control.

It baffles me why those who develop and test Syntronik and ST3 don't find the lack of control equally frustrating. Synthronik is an expressive instrument but the ability to customize that expression to meet the needs of the individual user is such a no-brainer :? Yes we all work differently but these are not esoteric features but those that should be considered standard these days.....AT,MW,PB,Vel, Sustain and Expression Pedal and the ability to customize them to the desires of the user.

I love IK instruments but they do give me some..... :bang: moments. :P
These are all valid points for a product that is intended to be a performance instrument, designed for players, rather than engineers! :tu:

Give the player as much control as possible.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Fleer wrote:True. We should appreciate Syntronik for the deep analog-style sounds it gives us. But we should also hope for tweaks that make it even better.
While keeping in mind that this is a V1.0 product, and a very solid piece of work out the door, it would be a smooth move if IK would demonstrate their intent to continue development and refinement of this product by issuing a point release update with a few fixes and tweaks very soon.

Also, I do like the multis that IK just released. It will take me a while to go through all of them, but the ones I have listened to so far show a lot of potential! Nice work!!! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Cool Multis!!!! :tu:

Syntronik takes 1.8 Gigs RAM.........Empty ??? :dog:

Teksonik wrote:Syntronik takes 1.8 Gigs RAM.........Empty ??? :dog:
I did only installed the full version of Syntronik, so I can't confirm this. However, what you are calling "empty", does that include the 50 free presets that come with the free player? If so, there are 50 sample sets that are also present and that could easily account for the disk usage.

Around 250MB as a standalone on OS X Sierra.

How long has it been open? It could be a symptom of a memory leak on Windows.

Is it physical or virtual memory?

dmbaer wrote:
I did only installed the full version of Syntronik, so I can't confirm this. However, what you are calling "empty", does that include the 50 free presets that come with the free player? If so, there are 50 sample sets that are also present and that could easily account for the disk usage.
I only have the full version of Syntronik. By "empty" I mean load the plugin into your DAW without any samples, multis or patches loaded....empty"

The number of sample sets installed has no bearing on how much RAM the plugin uses. Only when you load an Instrument (Layer) are the samples loaded.

I can also confirm that Syntronik doesn't release the RAM when the plugin is unloaded or a new empty project loaded. (Win 7 64 Bit and FL Studio 64 Bit). :shrug:

I imagine the 1.8 gigs is due in part to the Graphics needed for each instrument but if the RAM usage goes up every time new content is installed there will be a point when Syntronik will become too RAM intensive to be practical in use. Assuming of course that Syntronik will get new content. The shop is set up for it so time will tell.

Anyway I'm still having a lot of fun with Syntronik. I just hope IK keeps developing the plugin and new content.
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Around 250MB as a standalone on OS X Sierra.

How long has it been open? It could be a symptom of a memory leak on Windows.

Is it physical or virtual memory?
EDIT: Ok I've run more tests and it appears the RAM Meter in FL Studio might be the culprit for the memory leak issue but the empty Syntronik plugin does show as taking about 1.8 Gigs of RAM in both Reaper and FL Studio.

Are the free versions just 'preset' players, or can you modify the sounds?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

You can modify them in the same way as you can modify the instruments in the full version. The difference is in the number of instruments.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Ok. Thanks.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

From User manual /Page 85:

"You can save and recall presets for each effect. To access the Effect Presets, click the bottom field where the Effect Preset name is displayed. The list will display the available Presets of the currently loaded effect. Note that not all effects have Presets available. In this case, the list will be empty until you create your own Effect Presets. Here you can also Save edits to the current preset or perform a “Save As” to save a new version of the Effect Preset while preserving the original."

So according to this paragraph at least some of these Effect units come with "presets" then. I went through most of them and wasn't able to find an effect that has any IK presets. Could this be an installation issue? Do you guys see any factory presets at all?

Return to “Instruments”