Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

bigcat1969 wrote:Now please compute the number of different multi patches for the complete version. Thank you.
I would have to incorporate the number of possible FX boxes that can be added too, so please confirm the number of those in the full version :wink:

There are 38 in the free version, as far as I can count

To me, Syntronik is not an emulation - after playing with it for a little more, I see it as a way to get to prepared sounds quickly, with the over-all sound of vintage synths. One of the best things is the patch filtering which includes adjectives in the categories of timbre, style, music genre and mood. there are a lot of adjective filters in each and they all make sense and are well thought out. this will give me multiple ways to pull out a workable patch quickly depending on the nature of what what I am looking for in the context of the track. it makes not having to remember what the patches sound like, or having to go through all of them - in short, its a well thought out way to quickly narrow down what you are looking for. then you get a list of patches that can span the collection of sampled instruments, or narrow it down to whatever modles you want. the whole browser is powerul and a key part of it. the sound? still working with it... it sounds good but i want to feel like there is a good diversity of patches and then begin to modify them. I usually start with a preset and then modify as necessary to mix it in the way I want. This is where synths are so useful because they allow a high degree of customizability of the sound. sound design. The front end of Syntronik, the library, is so far looking quite good. I need to get into the back end of the user interface and build some sounds and mix them in and see how it is.

Numanoid wrote:
bigcat1969 wrote:Now please compute the number of different multi patches for the complete version. Thank you.
I would have to incorporate the number of possible FX boxes that can be added too, so please confirm the number of those in the full version :wink:

There are 38 in the free version, as far as I can count
There are 38 in the full version. Can't believe we give them all in the free version ;)

looking good so far. it remains to be seen how much flexibility there is once i get an urgent need for "that sound" and come looking for it, but so far, there's a lot of diversity to the library. there's not a terrible amount of flexibility once you start tweaking (some patches indeed come with prerecorded FX), but layering is where it's at. get a decent tine, throw in a pad in the background, add some bells - bam, instant 80's.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Can't believe we give them all in the free version ;)
I have checked and all 38 load up in the free version.

Maybe the full version Syntronik FX contains more presets or controls?

Numanoid wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Can't believe we give them all in the free version ;)
I have checked and all 38 load up in the free version.

Maybe the full version Syntronik FX contains more presets or controls?
I was being cheeky. There are no limitations on the effects in the free version of Syntronik

ghettosynth wrote:So, I get 316,250 different multi-patches. Still decent, but an order of magnitude lower than your estimate.
Compared to my original number this is about a fraction of 5,5 %

But if each patch can be modulated by 38 FX boxes, that would bring the total of my number of multipatches up to (49*38)*(49*38)*(49*38)*(49*38)

5,5% off that yields the sum of 6,61122E+11 using Excel

The only thing that could be added in the future is a master effects slot, ie a way to filter/EQ an entire layered instrument.. Other than that, it's as flexible as I need in standalone.(sure I can just do that in a DAW, but I'm still testing it alone)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I was being cheeky. There are no limitations on the effects in the free version
:tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pypuuImw1U

Are bug reports/questions ok here?

I have minimod installed. I see all the samples and instruments loaded into the library folders. but in the browser I only see 3 patches. I have clicked the x in the synth section and teh filters section. Then, click on Minimod. I only get 3 options: A Deep Sweeper, Mini-M 3-Osc Saw Light and Vger Sync Down Light.

I have tried re-loading the library in the prefs a few times and re-starting the plugin.

User error? Bug?

UPDATE: Must be a bug with the AU. I ran standalone and it re-scanned the library and all the patches came up for each synth. Reload Logic and AU and now the library is correct.

MacOS 10.11.15 Logic Pro 10.3.2

It's done in the same way, just take the total number of patches, add one, compute C^R(n,k) and subtract one from the total. How many patches, exactly, are in the full version?

Based on approximately 2000 ish patches, give or take, it will be somewhere between one half to three quarters of a trillion multi-patches. So, if you like the free version, you should definitely get the paid version because it's like a million times better, literally! Then it's best to set aside at least a day or two to audition them...maybe three days...yeah, three days should do it.

I must applaud IK Multimedia for the success of this roll-out. Everything downloaded, installed, and authorized without a single problem. An automated installer for the sample content would be nice but manually installing all the instruments although tedious was not difficult. I give IK a hard time but in this case all that can be said is "well done" ! :clap:

Syntronik is a ton of fun. Like I said the secret is in the layers. It's possible to create some very complex and interesting sounds. You know.....sound design. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I must applaud IK Multimedia for the success of this roll-out. Everything downloaded, installed, and authorized without a single problem. An automated installer for the sample content would be nice but manually installing all the instruments although tedious was not difficult. I give IK a hard time but in this case all that can be said is "well done" ! :clap:

Syntronik is a ton of fun. Like I said the secret is in the layers. It's possible to create some very complex and interesting sounds. You know.....sound design. :wink:
Thanks, I'll pass along the kind words. Glad you are enjoying it.

About the installers, I do like how you can install separate instruments more easily than for previous products but also understand and have relayed suggestions about the process as a whole / when you are installing the whole shebang at once.

Has anyone else had a problem authorising Syntronik in Authorisation Manager?

Downloads and installation are going fine, but every time I try to run Authorisation Manager, it gives a red dot and exclamation mark next to the serial number with no further explanation. I opened a support ticket and it was suggested that it is busy because it is roll out day and to try in 5 minutes. I have now been trying for a few hours...it WILL NOT authorise! Very frustrating. I am thinking they may have generated an invalid serial by accident.

:x

Took a while, but all installed with no issue (mac). Quick flick through presets and first impressions are it sounds great. Nice job IK.

Return to “Instruments”