NI EMOTIVE STRINGS question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is this only a looppackage or can you also play single notes and if you use the "generator" can you do your own loops from scratch?

if this is a looppackage, why is it so expensive?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Its a whole lot of live played string runs in every possible key and note with a scripting engine that will allow you to keyswitch and play chords and notes so that you end up with better string runs than you would probably come up with yourself with a standard string library and normal midi orchestration also in a lot less time. No, you can't treat it like a normal solo string patch. It's more like a sampled string phrase arpeggiator.

As for the expense, I wouldn't pay 300 dollars for it, but I'm about to pay 200 for my ultimate upgrade that includes this and more. It's 28 gigs of sampled string runs recorded live, so that isn't cheaper to produce than a multisampled set of string instruments as in other libraries, not to mention the work done to script the engine. I'm sure there are musicians who would find this worth the money.

Return to “Instruments”