Beatbox Anthology 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BeatBox Anthology 2

I've had contact with UVI and a proper save functionality is currently not planned.
I guess this will also apply for midi import and midi out.

Sidetopic: has anybody experience with using Tremor as a 'midi out sequencer' for other drummachines?
I used the tremor sequencer (demo version) to trigger BBA2.
Yet mappings were off. e.g. when tremor played a snare, BBA2 did not. Also of the 8 instruments/lanes of tremor, 2 tremor instruments triggered the same BBA2 instrument.

Just as an aside - what do most people use for controllers for these Beatbox Anthologies? I just bought UVI Vintage Vault, and using a keyboard for BBA 1 is not pleasant.

Stefken wrote:I've had contact with UVI and a proper save functionality is currently not planned.
I guess this will also apply for midi import and midi out.

Sidetopic: has anybody experience with using Tremor as a 'midi out sequencer' for other drummachines?
I used the tremor sequencer (demo version) to trigger BBA2.
Yet mappings were off. e.g. when tremor played a snare, BBA2 did not. Also of the 8 instruments/lanes of tremor, 2 tremor instruments triggered the same BBA2 instrument.
Hi Stefken, Ive used Tremor to sequence other drummachines...
as far as I know, Tremor always outputs C1 C#1 D1 D#1 E1 F1 F#1 G1
So basically, if you want to control another kit, you'll need to remap notes if the kit you're targeting is not using the same layout.
Other than that, it works great!

I've been using BeatBox Anthology 2 with Live and am slightly frustrated because it doesn't seem to work properly with Ableton Live clips:

1. In Live, load Falcon onto a track
2. in Falcon, load 'BeatBox Anthology 2'
3. in Falcon, pick a preset from BBA2 that you like
4. in Live, record a quick beat by playing a few notes
5. save the set and reload it. (your beat should play back as expected)
... next:
6. now, in Live, drag the clip you just recorded into your user library..
7. delete your Falcon track and then create a new track by dragging the clip out of your user library back into Live.
8. Open Falcon and the preset should now be set to 'Init Raw Dry' (not the preset you chose).

I think this is a Falcon bug because all other instruments that I use work fine with clips.

Does anyone else have this problem?

------
- Added "Choke" functionality
- Fix: missing image for "kD2o9"
- Fix: preset "R Hundred" modified
nice!

So I guess that is auto choke - I downloaded the latest version I see no way to control it - even in the manual....

geqfreq wrote:
So I guess that is auto choke - I downloaded the latest version I see no way to control it - even in the manual....
"control it"? what do you need it to do?

Have you guys ever had an issue with recall your BBA editing in UVI Workstation?

My BBA2 often resets the state of preset after re-open and even doesn't load the library.
The UVI support confirmed the bug: "..Redux which used in the script so by removing it from the FX tab this breaks the script hence the issue you are experiencing when reopening your session.."
They suggest me "..not to delete scripted effects in the future but to bypass them..".

Ok, I don't remove default effects, but today after hours of editing I've got "Init Raw Dry" state after I re-open my project.
My DAW is Reaper, OS is Windows 10. Also, I have last versions of BBA2 as well as UVI Workstation.

hi,,
I need a little advise from I guess users of the FXpansion Geist 2 and UVI beatbox anthology 2 or maybe some other drum machine vstis.. I'm hoping to get one or the other on sale at some point.or here...I can see that
there are many expansions for Geist 2 and the amount of options in G2 is great..The BA2 has really great amount of samples from the 111 drum machines..and I see that the workflaw looks fun with the many ready to use patterns ets,.AND I'd like to use stutter edit etc.too (glitch type vsts) mainly to further mess with the audio tracks in the DAW..
I.m not sure how I would work with the BA2...In the manual i read that UVI Workstation / Falcon supports multi-outputs::
"A separate multi-out version of BeatBox Anthology 2 is included that delivers a individual track
outputs sequentially thereafter in stereo."
....so I guess I would work with the audio tracks and use my vst-s to process the loops further..

I may end up getting both but If you were to choose ..would you go for the Geist 2 + some expansions first?? BA2 first? How would I benefit of having Falcon running BA2 inside? Would I be able to use Falcon's built in effects? ..

Are there any other software drum machines with great sounds as in BA2 ? All in one box would be nice ;-)..

THx for replies !!! :help:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

:tu:

Have you considered Arturia Spark? You can pick up the SparkLE hardware controller which comes with the full version of the Spark software for about $149. That's what I paid for it a few months ago on Amazon. Both Geist and BBA are in the same price range but you don't get a hardware controller.

FWIW, Spark comes with tons of presets, samples and does physical modeling. You can expand it with your own samples too. The hardware is solid and easy to use. You can do your multi-outs into your DAW. And, it has an iOS app too if you're into that.

Here's a link to setting up the multi-outs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nfky96ALUg

Good luck!

Interesting option indeed ;-) - THX...got to read the manual now...

There's a demo, too. It works with or without the hardware...
https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/spark2/overview

It's on sale this week. Does anyone have a list of any of the updates in BBA2?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:55 pmDoes anyone have a list of any of the updates in BBA2?
​​​​​​BeatBox ​​Anthology ​​2
​​ChangeLog
1.0.4:
- Added​​ automatic​​ naming ​​of​​ exported ​​MIDI file
1.0.3:
- ​​​​​Fix:​​ BD​​ Tone ​​envelope​​ behaviour
1.0.2:
- ​​​​​Fix: possible ​​double​​ trigger​​ on​​ pattern ​​playback
1.0.1:
- ​​​​​Added​​ "Choke"​ ​functionality
- ​​​​​Fix: ​​missing ​​image ​​for​ ​"kD2o9"
- ​​​​​Fix: ​​preset ​​"R​​Hundred"​​ modified
1.0.0:
- Initial ​​release
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”