Omnisphere 2 and OS X Sierra installation / permissions problem

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I just made a fresh installation of mac OS X Sierra and installed my DAW and VST(i)s.
Everythink worked fine so far, but I have problems installing Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.

I followed these steups here: https://support.spectrasonics.net/manua ... ge01b.html

I inserted Omnisphere disc 1 and run the "Omnisphere 2 Installer.pkg".

When the installer starts it skips the step "Destination Select" and finishes in 5seconds saying "installation successful". No Spectrasonics and STEAM folder was created in /Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM. ...the vst/component file was created ind Plug-Ins folder and I also can open and register Omnisphere, but STEAM folder is missing (sure, because it wasn't created)

Then I tried creating the STEAM-folder myself and copied all the content from the DVDs manually to the /Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/STEAM destination.

Omnisphere recongnized the STEAM folder but says:
The STEAM folder does not have write permission. Locate STEAM folder in the Finder. Select the 'Get Info' option. Set your privilege to 'Read & write'. Repeat for all subfolders.
I think Omnisphere has some troubles with the permissions. ...which is strange because I had no troubles installing other software.

A simple "Repair Permissions" is not working since OS X Sierra, because they changed their file organization where Repairing Permissions shouldn't be needed.

I hope someone can help me on that.

Thanks

can nobody help me with that? :/

Did you try contacting Spectrasonics support?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

maybe you should just..... ehhh nvm. :troll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

...what should I?

Spectrasonics support can't help because it seems to be a OS X related problem and I have a hackintosh - no hackintosh support.
It's kinda weird that it worked on El Capitan and now doesn't work. It has to do with permissions but I don't know how I can configure that the installer can access / create the STEAM folder.

as said the Omnisphere itself can be registered and running without any issue, it's only about the STEAM folder that can't be installed because of permission issues. ...why are my other plugins and software can be installed without that issue!?

I think spectrasonics made a really bad installer and just says it isn't their fault. I'm not the only one with that issue.

'Spectrasonics support can't help because it seems to be a OS X related problem and I have a hackintosh - no hackintosh support."

Did they actually say they wouldn't help you because you have a hackintosh?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

No but a friend told me that these companies won't help you if you are using hackintosh because it's not legal to use OS X on non original Apple hardware.

I found another thread about that issue here on kvraudio but only with a fix for windows - was also about permissions.

Try their support. You paid all that money for their software!

Alright I will do that, just wanted to know if somebody here maybe had the same problems with the new Sierra.

Will let you guys know if we could fix the problem.

okay I just found out that other installers skip the "destination select" too, so it's definately not Omnisphere related. The difference is that the other installers do not need to create another folder elsewhere - that's why it's working with other software. Gosh I think I will go back to EL Capitan again, never had problem with the old file system.

great, doesn't work.
I was able to install it manually but always got messages with "permissions" problems. I already followed all steps making read write and execute permissions to every STEAM content but it doesn't work.

I'm pissed and gonna sell Omnisphere now, can't be that every other plugin and software is working but Omnisphere with the completely f**ked up installer.

I don't have Omnisphere to try but if the installer do not work , pacifist might be usefull:
see: http://charlessoft.com
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

yuze wrote: never had problem with the old file system.
which old filesystem ? you are now using apfs ?
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

Hello,
I'm running High Sierra 10.13 on a fresh install of Omnisphere 2 and I had to do the brunt of the install manually. By manual I mean drag and drop the STEAM folder from the first mounted Spectrasonics Disc to a location of my choice and then drag, drop and merge each subsequent STEAM folder from the mounted B thru G discs on top of that original STEAM folder. Just make sure you choose Merge instead of Replace in finder and you should be good to go. I also had to install the latest patches update manually as well. If you're having trouble a manual install might sort you out. There are permissions errors on High Sierra that need to be mitigated so you also may need to use the tried and true terminal command "sudo chmod -R 755" on whatever files and folders Omnisphere calls out if there are permissions errors. I think the installers need to be updated to be compatible with macOS.

Hi,

Just a thought about permissions.

That /Library path and below belong to root, rather than your user account on that Mac.

Have you tried placing your STEAM folder within this path? It should be owned by you, rather than root.

/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/

Worth a try

Tim

Return to “Instruments”