Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How is the Korg LEGACY COLLECTION copy protection? Is it easy when reinstalling the computer or are there limited activations or something? Would love to buy it, but I only buy product with hazzle free copy protection since some time (I admire U-he for that by the way).

If you do an offline activation you should be ok. Most problems relate to online activation.

Yes, definitely do the offline activation. When you do the online activation, a simple deactivation of the network adapter can cause a prompt for re-authorization.

Just bought the LEGACY COLLECTION and did the online activation.
Really found it painful. The process is quite long (multiple copy/paste and waiting etc.) and you need to activate instrument by instrument :x

But must say that I'm happy with the instrument though :wink: (The GUIs need to be updated to be more ergonomic)

Thanks guys, but what does offline activation mean exactly? I would like to know what I have to expect and what the limitations are.

No limitations, it just works a bit differently. See the first Q & A here: http://korguser.net/Login.asp?LAN=1&lockcode=&main=21

in the QA is only guide how to activete online, nothing about offline... or I'm overlooking something.

Hm, you're right. There used to be a description of the offline method in the PDF too. I don't really remember the way it had to be done. I think you had to choose "Using another computer" in the authorization, and then had to paste 1 or 2 codes which you acquired on another computer. As mentioned, the advantage of the offline authorization is that you don't have to re-authorize the plugins on every minor thing you do on your computer... in my case, even deactivating my network card, to go offline, led to a prompt for re-authorization. Quite annoying.

In my case, it was my VPN that prompted the whole Legacy Collection for a re-authorisation. Quite annoying indeed, but I'm happy to say that the actual re-licensing has worked in every case, even for instruments that have needed multiple re-authorisations.

RasmusV wrote:In my case, it was my VPN that prompted the whole Legacy Collection for a re-authorisation. Quite annoying indeed, but I'm happy to say that the actual re-licensing has worked in every case, even for instruments that have needed multiple re-authorisations.
Unfortunately, registrations and VPN's arent the best of friends. I've had numerous problems through the years with that. At one time Native Access had me do many of the registrations all over again. Now I've learned not to switch IP before registering stuff.
As for Korg Legacy, I bought it bundled with a Triton Taktile 25 and everything went like a charm :-)

I'm probably the only person in the world who paid full price for both collections. I had trouble from day one with the things loosing authorizations. Since I'm reinstalling a lot of plug-ins right now I might give it another chance.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I haven't had to reauthorise it here in years and I've upgraded macOS a few times. Each time I wipe the disk, do a clean install and migrate my existing data. Usually the only thing I have to reactivate is Live.
Image Image Image Image

Again, if you use the offline authorization (another computer), there won't be prompts to re-authorize.

Aloysius wrote:I'm probably the only person in the world who paid full price for both collections. I had trouble from day one with the things loosing authorizations. Since I'm reinstalling a lot of plug-ins right now I might give it another chance.
From day one is an exaggeration but ya know what I mean (maybe). :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

That sounds terrible what I read here regarding the copy protection. I guess I will pass then. I think offline activation may not be possible anymore, at least there is no info I find about it at korg.

Return to “Instruments”