any new competitor for thin sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just don't feed your synths notes anymore and they will get thinner by themselves.
Last edited by No_Use on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJErmac wrote:
Zexila wrote:Want to get healthy sound sources, because all my synths are fat, any suggestions?
Not sure if this is your kind of things, but if you like thin psytrance basslines, I highly recommend Spire. ;)
Great suggestion, add this (AkustiX) in the chain for ultra glossiness/plasticness. :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ402ruluRo

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Avenger does thin very well

So your music has body image issues? Fat bottomed synths make the rockin' world go round..... Use the Cutoff on the diet, increase the release... :wink:

From what I've read over the past months, U-he Hive is what you're looking for. Whether you're looking for sounds as thin as paper, onion skin, sheer pantyhose, ice, razor blades, etc.. it's all there. You'd be hard-pressed to find anything that does this better.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Pretty much everything by Arturia, I actually quite like the Jupiter emulation for thin sounds with resonance in the middle and not too much filter modulation, the latter of which causes it to bark like a dog. It generally still needs some highpass to get rid of the muddy bottom end.

Air Loom is also good for thin sounds.

Spire.

Definitely not Massive.

yellowmix wrote:Definitely not Massive.

Massive is great for thin sounds, FM8 and Absynth as well.

FM8 too much to be thin.

But you are correct about Absynth, because if it weren't thin, it would lose the abs.

Minimoog Model A because models are always thin, cup size A is not that fat and this synth is mini too!

is there a synth called graphene yet? if so, that would be the one.

Forget analog, what you're looking for is anorexic.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Heard, that Heidi Klum wants to enter plugin business... Hot contender for your thin wishes! :o

Zexila wrote:Want to get healthy sound sources, because all my synths are fat, any suggestions?
You should ask the dev of 'One Ping Only' to make a 'One Thin Slice' synth.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Return to “Instruments”