Anyone else use Phonec 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Vortifex,

I've just read your post and opened up an factory bank preset ''Creeper'', made minor adjustments as a test for this thread, and then saved it as a completely different named preset in my documents folder (where my Phonec 2 bank is saved).
I had to close down Phonec 2 for 2 seconds in Ableton 8 and then reload it. Doing this resulted in me being able to both load the original ''Creeper'' patch from the factory soundbank, and then when I pressed the 'L' button for load, it found my new preset saved in my documents folder.

In terms of loading or saving banks, I could do that freely by loading from /saving to the 'Banks' folder in my Phonec 2 documents folder.

It sounds to me like you have an issue with your indexing / locations, as I could not replicate your fault and indeed Phonec 2 had no save/load/rewrite problems for me.

Hi,
I think your step 2 is the problem.

I do this:

1) First, I make a copy of the Factory bank by pressing the 'S' bank button and naming it something like ''dark water bank'' (so I don't overwrite the original bank).

2) Second, I close Phonec 2 for a couple of seconds and then re-open it (mine defaults to the original factory bank) and load up my new ''dark water bank'' by pressing the 'L' bank button.

3) Then I tweak a sound patch within this new bank and, when I am happy, I right click with my mouse on the patch name (which is currently identical to the factory sound bank names) in the name area down the bottom right of the GUI. I type in a new name. I then press the 'S' bank button (not 'S' patch button) as I am wishing to save/update the bank, rather than just create a one-off patch.

4) I then either continue to repeat step 3 if I wish to tweak some new (different) patches, or I close Phonec 2.

5) When I open up Phonec 2 again, mine defaults to the original factory bank. Therefore, I press the 'L' bank button, find my bank and open it. It comes up with my bank and any new names I have done.

6) Please see this pic for confirmation. I changed the first and eighth patches of 'dark water bank' (which was a copy of the factory bank names). These first and eighth patches were named 'PHONEC' and 'Local Radar', so for simplicity I saved them as 'Not Phonec' and 'Not Local Radar' as you can see from this pic:

Lastly, I know that the ability to save/load Phonec 2 presets can not be broken, as I bought a Phonec 2 soundbank from The Unfinished recently, all of which works well:
http://www.theunfinished.co.uk/shop/pho ... hor-vol-1/

Cheers, and good luck!

Take a patch.
Tweak it.
Press 'copy'.
Open up the patch browser.
Choose a different patch in that limited 128 patch soundbank which you don't mind overwriting.
Press 'paste'.
Save the name as something different.
Just like this (note 'Not Phonec' and 'Not Phonec 2'):

There is nothing wrong with Phonec 2's system of saving / loading.

Good luck.

EDIT: I'm confused with this request and am bowing out.

Return to “Instruments”