Loom II has landed!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loom Classic Loom II

For me will quite enough 8 voices, and all ok about UI size, as well look of presets system in all AIR synths does satisfy me (and i very like Loom1). But what peoples write about install v2, sounds bad, i mean that it's replace v1, i.e. not available to use both version parallel ? (not tried trial yet).

And about current upgrade price, well, for me it's 50\50, depending of absence or presence of exactly the install\stability problems in new version.

So, the new modules seems interesting for me, and can be good addition.
But, i guess really need slightly wait yet.

What about implementation of user requests in general, unfortunately partially can agree with above, but for me it's not about Loom, just i made simple requests for Transfuser at official forum, one idea was heard and approved, but no news since then. As well i wanted make bump for that topic, but for some reason air forum does lock for topics after some time.

I spent $75 on AIP3 Complete. Why would I pay almost that price for an incremental upgrade for one synth?

rlared wrote:I spent $75 on AIP3 Complete.
Well, you can be grateful for such a gift, no ? 8)

Massive number of new presets, usability problems untouched. It is really frustrating being unable to insert a filter between two adjacent existing modules. Morphing features expanded. It looks like the focus is very much on Loom being a preset machine?

Sub generators and noise generator seem useful.
Loom II has been expanded to 8 voices by popular request!
is one of the daftest things I've seen in marketing for a while. How can you not understand that 6-voice poly and 8-voice poly impose pretty similar restrictions on musicians? This was written by somebody who doesn't actually use soft-synths, right? Or someone who believes that that the previous version was monophonic?

Well I didn't have Loom installed but I still got Loom 1 from the demo installer.
OK. Apologies to AIR. Looks like I downloaded the wrong installer. Can't comment on the overwritting of the original Loom 1 installation though.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the value here either.

I bought AIEP 2 over two years ago, and there have been no useful updates or reasonable offers to upgrade to AIEP 3. How many years has it been since AIR added real improvements to their core instruments -- not just bug fixes and VIP compatibility?

imrae wrote:Massive number of new presets, usability problems untouched. It is really frustrating being unable to insert a filter between two adjacent existing modules.
Exactly - the ability to freely move modules around must have been one of the most requested features, often I found myself having made a patch confined by a particular architecture and wanting to rearrange things and you can't except by redoing the whole thing, it's just daft that this has not been implemented, it really limits creativity.

expecting a huge, meaningful update for an AIR plugin is kinda like expecting a huge, meaningful update for Subtractor I think...

About voices amount (that i wrote 8 enough for me) i should slightly clarify - i not meant that 8 voices in all synths enough for me, but there is dependency - for what synth exactly. And it seemed to me that Loom it's not quite suitable case for "16-32".
Or by other words - the presence of voices more than 6-8 in this, seems to me as not very profitable (due to his nature\sound\etc).

It's approximately the same as request for add arpeggiator to a not complexity samplers, what not very understandable for me. Although, it may be a matter of taste, I do not know.

For me too I think 24-32 was beyond what I would have expected, but 12 seems reasonable.

8 or 12 is not enough for any long release sounds that are played chordally with both hands. Has to be 16, preferably 32.

So it is all gloom then :P

Numanoid wrote:So it is all gloom then :P
LMAO. Good one. I love it!

EvilDragon wrote:8 or 12 is not enough for any long release sounds that are played chordally with both hands. Has to be 16, preferably 32.
Well, i meant, Loom has a predisposition to spacious\freq-wide textures even in a single voice view, so, there is worry that it can be a some timbre mess in such huge voice amounts. Among other, again cpu issue.

The original Loom is excellent to me, so absolutely no need to upgrade and no complaints about the new version not being up to snuff. I'm off to open up Loom and make some choons!

Return to “Instruments”