RELATED
PRODUCTS

Know you any? :?:

That would have to be the KX synths.

http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html

Dune BE
Dune CM

LinPlug Free Alpha

+1 to KX, but my favorite is Crystal. Really, there are a lot of fantastic free synths with a modulation matrix; you'll have to try a few or be more specific about your tastes. KX for modular, old-school goodness, Crystal for a more modern, spacey kind of goodness.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

AnX wrote:Dune BE
Dune CM
+1 Probably doesn't get any better than those for free.

Brainstormer has a beast of a MM
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:Brainstormer has a beast of a MM
This.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

layzer wrote:Brainstormer has a beast of a MM
Really? 2 slots is a beast?

Okay, whatever.

Hi,

I believe and I'm sure that the matrix is the better way to patch quickly with VA, I hate the stupid cables on the GUI and it's more simple to do, no boring complex GUI code.

I did an important update about my matrix synthesizers:

19/11/2017 - Update of main x64 plug-ins (Releases - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.06 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.06 / Kx PolyMod 2.06 / Kx Modulad 4.06

Various improvements and bug fixes on 64 bit versions.
Made with the latest stable version of SE (1.2412) and with the latest SDK3 (c++).
Parameter indexes have been fixed to preserve compatibility between future versions.
These versions pass the main tests of the Steinberg tool to check the VST3.
The period of beta testing with end users is over.

Fixed bugs:
- XML presets: the file extension has been replaced by *.xmlpreset.
KX SYNTH X16:
- Cubase: correct initialization of each voice when the plug-in is initialized off (button on off of the Cubase window).
- Matrix controllers: after initialization of the plug-in they switch to static mode (10% of CPU use won).
- Parameters: they have been renamed and all the parameters of the matrix have been defined in private mode (not listed in the automation of your DAW) to simplify their management.
KX POLYM CSE and all by default:
- The FX filters are correctly initialized after a sample rate change.

About x64 VST:

VST2 recommended for VSTHost:
The GUI editor of VSTHost 1.56 stays incompatible when the plug-ins are used in VST3 not in VST2. VST3 GUI works fine only with VSTHost 1.54.

Recommended Fruity Loop VST settings:
Select "Use fixed size buffers" in the plug-in options to win 25% of CPU use!

Recommended Reaper VST settings:
With small Asio buffers if you experimented Reaper bugs when you reloaded a session without to close Reaper before.
To fix it > Preference > Plug-ins > VST > "Allow complete unload of VST plug-ins" (to clean all current session memory).
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".

SF2 banks:
Possible ASIO buffer drop-out when loading large SF2 banks (with small buffers),
just avoid to play the session when the bank is loading (to do list).

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".
2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.
3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2" or in your usual x64 VST2 folder...
4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plug-ins.
Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets. If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or out of protected Windows folders.

Return to “Instruments”